Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade V1 April 2018
Ambuscade V1 April 2018
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Davorin 2018-04-04 03:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't do the first orc intense ambuscade, but I looked up a little info from it from the first time. Links to previous discussion below. Hope it helps.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48624/ambuscade-findings/7/#3077452

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48624/ambuscade-findings/9/#3081847
By Sockfoot 2018-04-04 03:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

E - Solo, Mega Boss seems to have a hefty DT buff, appears to have been taken off with a Darkness?

Edit: not sure on the Darkness, DT buff came back and next Darkness didn't appear to remove it.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-04-04 04:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

on easy aura came off any time i ws'd from behind
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-04-04 04:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal = tank n spank.

run brd cor geo sam whm, prolly dont need a tank at all.

brd sleepga, kill boss, blm, mnk.
By SimonSes 2018-04-04 04:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen some charms from boss I think (at leats 2 or 3 times). Not sure because it was directed at trust. Might be an issue with solo Easy or Normal with group.

I also noticed increased damage when I started to melee from behind and it went down pretty fast when I broke his DT.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-04-04 04:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

was able to solo normal without issue on blu with entomb/magic hammer aura definitely removed via ws from back
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-04-04 05:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

D = geo run whm brd cor masa sam.

sleepga, killed boss, then blm, rdm, then mnk. land silences on the mages with enough macc. can either grav kite mnk on 1hr (hits like a bus) or stun lock/sleep.
By phunky 2018-04-04 05:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done a few solo easy runs now.

- Seems to take normal damage from behind regardless of aura or not.
- Uses Invincible at 50%
- Saw some charms go off early in the fights but at low health seems to favor "Viel of disaray". AOE stun mid damage.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-04 05:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

He can use invincible multiple times at higher difficulty (saw twice on Difficult)
 Asura.Zihi
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Zihi 2018-04-04 06:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Manic Dance!!! . . .
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-04-04 07:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH Tranfixion/Hot Shot > Trueflight might be viable for making Distortion quickly. BLMs MB'ing in AF bodies. Ranged WS from behind dropping aura etc.

Edit: Even better, continue the chain w/ Leaden Salute
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2018-04-04 12:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Did two runs last night, 1 on N and 1 on D. Setup was run brd cor whm sam geo. After killing the boss, adds used heroic howl which gave them an insane dt- and attack boost. My theory is killing the adds first, with the boss following the tank around until the adds are dead. Adds without heroic howl are pretty weak, 1 fudo bringing the blm down as much as 40%. N starts with 3 mobs, mnk pld blm in that order from left to right. D has an additional rdm/run in the back behind the blm. Run uses elemental sforzo at one point, so MB him down isn't recommended.
By Thaesus 2018-04-04 14:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Vol 1 D no problem
SMN, SMN, SMN, Geo/blm, Cor/WHM, PLD

geo/blm ES/sleepga at start Widen Compass, geo frail/indi Lang in the middle so frail hit all 3 adds
3 smns AC/AF Volt Strike 1 per add
Cor was curing and gave beast/drachen

On Mega just did Apogee from behind with AF still up not bad
By hobo 2018-04-04 14:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Difference between E and N was a surprise, E was no healer needed just went in with pld drg blu blu cor (forgot trust). N we swapped to pld blu blu cor whm with cornelia and the difference in damage was noticeable.

Cor/rdm can dispel the warlock easy, necessary if your gonna melee, the pugalist resisted the dispel.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-04-04 14:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried N on my pld and it seemed to spam charm. with fealty on such a long cool down i wasnt able to do anything about it. that was with my alt on geo and sch. i used f/f first, then tried it with attune/vex and swapped to run tank. charm didnt land on run. But ppl are saying doing normal zerg style. how do you avoid your tank/DD getting charmed if youre zerging?
By Thaesus 2018-04-04 15:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Did VD Vol 1 SMN was messy (charm and hate reset) 20-min win 1st try

Same as D with 2 extra pets

geo/blm ES/sleepga at start Widen Compass, geo frail/indi Lang in the middle so frail hit all 3 adds
3 smns AC/AF Volt Strike 1 per add
AC was still up so other 2 adds were killed
Cor was curing and gave beast/drachen

The NM has ALOT more HP in VD (duh) It takes alot less damage fron front and spams charm so we kited until PLD had hate then VS from behind rinse and repeat
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-04-04 15:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The Charm is gaze (edit: not gaze but it's light based and can be resisted) and predictable, on VD the boss always does Veil of Chaos > Veil of Chaos > Manic Dance if his aura is up.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-04-04 15:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i was unaware that it is a gaze move, so simple back tanking will suffice for this?
By hobo 2018-04-04 15:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

On N just keep the aura off, I haven't see it do charm yet, warlock likes his one cast of death tho after boss is dead.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-04-04 15:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
On N just keep the aura off, I haven't see it do charm yet, warlock likes his one cast of death tho after boss is dead.

just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean he doesn't use it. I just stated he spammed me with it on NORMAL.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-04 15:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

On N just keep the aura off,

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
boss always does Veil of Chaos > Veil of Chaos > Manic Dance if his aura is up.
By Thaesus 2018-04-04 15:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
The Charm is gaze and predictable, on VD the boss always does Veil of Chaos > Veil of Chaos > Manic Dance if his aura is up.

Thanks! Down to 7min win now with SMNs
By Sockfoot 2018-04-04 16:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Our tank reporting that the Charm isn't a gaze, but I can't say for certain he was faced away when he said he was.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-04 16:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »
Our tank reporting that the Charm isn't a gaze, but I can't say for certain he was faced away when he said he was.
So he’s a liar? :dramatic music:
[+]
By Sockfoot 2018-04-04 16:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
The real question is which one is the liar?
[+]
 Leviathan.Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-04-04 16:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

just got a decent group together and won on N with no issues, but when we decided to try D with the same strat the charm no longer was blocked by slimply turning your back. For none SMN set up or even with a the Smn how are ppl dealing with charm on D and VD?
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-04 16:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
The real question is which one is the liar?
You or your friend! Must investigate the evidence :0!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-04 16:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Louisoix said: »
just got a decent group together and won on N with no issues, but when we decided to try D with the same strat the charm no longer was blocked by slimply turning your back. For none SMN set up or even with a the Smn how are ppl dealing with charm on D and VD?

What do you mean, deal with charm. SMN doesn't have to deal with any mechanics. Mew. and Zero tp feed from pacts.
 Cerberus.Boogs
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-04-04 16:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Louisoix said: »

Have you tried ws’ing from behind in an attempt to remove the aura? Failing aura removal are you sure you turned well ahead of time? Ie turned after 2nd Veil of Chaos? Just wondering if human error was absolutely not a factor.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-04-04 16:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

okay for the people that dont have smns to throw at this here is what we did on D for melee set up and a win!

RUN, SCH, GEO, BLU, BLU, SAM

Run obv gathers and tanks. Since turning no longer saves you from charm in D and VD i swapped to attune/vex on my geo and RUN did their ja for resist. We dont have a viable sleep which is okay, Regen 5 and single cures was enough to keep our RUN alive. Just take em down one by one. We will try VD with this set up and Ill let yall know if its still a viable option for melee set up.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6