Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summoner Ambu VD Strat V1 or V2
Summoner Ambu VD Strat V1 or V2
By lhova 2018-03-31 11:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me the ideal party makeup and strat for VD Ambu? Seems like the shouts are few or there’s simply just Mercs and I really wanna do some Ambu and I’ve never been shy about making my own pug. Thank you!
By Nyarlko 2018-03-31 11:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a pug and test for yourself then? Only have like 4 days left before reset, should've started sooner. :x
[+]
By lhova 2018-03-31 11:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Because on my server you lose once and then pug no more... it’s rare for anyone to grind. 100% success, 125 plus JO an hour or you fail at life..
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-31 11:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideal, is RUN THF GEO 2SMN COR

Run tanks Ignis G/R, Geo silences, Flaming Crush, THF steals 2hour @ 85 pray for no bene. (still winnable if 85% is bene, but very small window)

Can change COR for RDM or third SMN

THF 3SMN GEO +(rdm cor) works fine too w/ Volt Strikes
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-03-31 11:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I can recall, Volt Strike is better damage than Flaming Crush. You can replace the RUN with another SMN and it would work too. THF runs in with Perfect Dodge and does Provoke and Warcry. Then proceed with spamming the other abilities (e.g. Bully, Collaborator, etc). Larceny after you see the boss using its SP ability.

Also, even if you don't see Benediction, if the wandering moogles happen to wander over to your party, the run is over (Amnesia aura). Trying to run out of their auras kills your attack time. The GEO can try to kill the moogle...
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-31 12:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Flaming Crush does way more than Volt Strike if bolstering both frailty and malaise.
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-31 12:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me the ideal party makeup and strat for VD Ambu? Seems like the shouts are few or there’s simply just Mercs and I really wanna do some Ambu and I’ve never been shy about making my own pug. Thank you!

Bg wiki has the info
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Ambuscade
By Pantafernando 2018-03-31 12:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
From what I can recall, Volt Strike is better damage than Flaming Crush. You can replace the RUN with another SMN and it would work too. THF runs in with Perfect Dodge and does Provoke and Warcry. Then proceed with spamming the other abilities (e.g. Bully, Collaborator, etc). Larceny after you see the boss using its SP ability.

Also, even if you don't see Benediction, if the wandering moogles happen to wander over to your party, the run is over (Amnesia aura). Trying to run out of their auras kills your attack time. The GEO can try to kill the moogle...

I think the moogles arent a big problem, as the boss itself is quite weak so a RUN can hold it till you see where the mini mogs stop, then just get a better position then zerg.

Benediction normally is a fail for me, as it gets aura regardless of lacerny.

Other problems for me is when he uses bathtub right after smn does convert, and when he uses atramantious libation, terroring everyone.

Because of those problems its quite a lottery if a run will be win or no. Is there anything to do about those?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-31 12:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont have RUN engage, Use bully, Despoil. (slow para blind from geo)

All help with TP generation
By lhova 2018-03-31 12:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it seems like summoner strat is luck based.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-31 13:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Yeah it seems like summoner strat is luck based.

It's not like anything in ffxi is skill based, so what do you expect.