Vol 1 Ambuscade March 2018
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Gotenn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2018-03-17 15:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching the video, it seems the Geo put up Indi Langour (I'm assuming to help the RDM), So I can't determine what the RDM did, maybe just Silence, that might have changed things. Also the THF didnt have to Larceny until the mob was almost to 20% HP.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-17 15:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, NO. Are you blind.

Larceny happens at 1:27 after first SP use.

@20% hp is Despoil, or Mug.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2018-03-17 15:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It has a 10 or so second delay after SP use to put up aura.

(use react if you can't manage it manually)

There's already a *** video of it, you don't need MORE proof of concept.

1:23 SP
1:27 ish Larceny

Your proof of concept is flawed, because you can't justify every single thing they did to get the mob to one hour so late. Unless you can read JP and would like to translate the transcript we are still missing information. I have shown my trial and error, I know what happened and provided proof. Proof that it can be done in another language is almost as bad as SE "showing" us we could kill AV back in the day. So just because it "can" be done, doesn't mean that the concepts listed here in the forums is fully correct.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-03-17 15:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
First, that could just be chat log delay, Second, that just happens to be the first time I hit my macro. Unfortunately there is still a missing mechanic as to why we were amnesia'd as soon as the animation went off.

If you don't believe me, your welcome to post your proof, as I have clearly shown that its not a 10 second window.
You got caught by the Regen/Refresh/Amnesia aura from a moogle which takes effect immediately after the boss uses his SP, unlike the Kaustra/Plague aura. If you plan to zerg it, make sure the moogles are not next to you or kill them first.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-17 15:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, I know you're challenged, but it's not that hard to see exactly what happened.

See, papasse knows.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2018-03-17 15:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Asura.Gotenn said: »
First, that could just be chat log delay, Second, that just happens to be the first time I hit my macro. Unfortunately there is still a missing mechanic as to why we were amnesia'd as soon as the animation went off.

If you don't believe me, your welcome to post your proof, as I have clearly shown that its not a 10 second window.
You got caught by the Regen/Refresh/Amnesia aura from a moogle which takes effect immediately after the boss uses his SP, unlike the Kaustra/Plague aura. If you plan to zerg it, make sure the moogles are not next to you or kill them first.

So what your saying is the amnesia comes from the add moogles and not the boss himself.

Thank you for clearing that up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-17 16:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you read, you'd already know that. Page2;
Amnesia aura come from the moogles, not the boss itself.
By aisukage 2018-03-17 16:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you read, you'd already know that. Page2;
Amnesia aura come from the moogles, not the boss itself.
until Papesse explained it, you were unable to give him the answer he needed. Instead you tried to blame it on a 3 second delay (which wasn't the issue at all). So before saying people are challenged you might want to know what you're talking about first. So lets forget the silly argument and just move on now.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-17 16:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say ***about amnesia.

He said aura, I said aura. You get 10 or so seconds before the bosses aura comes up. I didn't say one word about the moogles.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-17 17:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Amne...? Ugh, I've already forgotten what we were talking about.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-03-17 18:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted a viable strategy on bg-wiki for soloing Easy and Normal. Major credit to Paisely (Cerebus); also thanks to a few others who volunteered myriad deaths in order to get the strategy down pat.

The solo strategy can be easily modified to a party by separating the BLU's duties into various jobs. Tank, healer, buffer/silencer, and DDs. This definitely requires a lot of team coordination if not soloing.
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-17 20:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen this being mentioned anywhere may as well post it.

For those going with none AC strategy, HP+ set is handy to have since people often got DoT to death when they die and weakened.

Without HP+ set they often stuck getting DoT to death over and over whenever 2hr active and unable to recover from weakness.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-17 20:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You still have to be incredibly fast to win with conduit.

Sp > Larceny > used second SP 16 seconds later.

And yeah, if you're going melee/ranged it's wise to have an HP set.

[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-03-17 23:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So wouldn't that be a ~26sec window before boss aura goes up? Seems like plenty for AC spam.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-03-17 23:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

So wouldn't that be a ~26sec window before boss aura goes up? Seems like plenty for AC spam.

That 2nd SP being perfect dodge or benediction is game over for AC spam
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-17 23:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Won about 10 times today doing it already, just noting that the window does not give much room for error.

And since bene can't be larcenied it can be a problem
By Squabble 2018-03-18 02:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in case anyone is looking for a concise detailed strategy on V1 VD:

Setup: SMN x3, GEO, THF/PLD, RDM

Strategy:
*RDM gives Protect & Shell to the THF.
*GEO uses Bolster and Entrusts Indi-Languor on THF, Indi-Frailty on themselves and will use Geo-Torpor once the boss moogle is in position.
*SMN's have Ramuh's out and ready.
*THF will run in, Perfect Dodge, Flash & Sentinel. Moogles will move, if they remain close to the boss moogle in the center, then the THF will need to bring the boss moogle away from the helpers.
*RDM will Stymie Silence & Dia 3 then cast cures as needed.
*SMN will Astral Flow/Astral Conduit right out the gate at 100% HP once the RDM has debuffed. This is the only real way you can kill him if he uses Benediction as his first 1-hour, and even then it's not guaranteed.
*At 85% HP, THF will Larceny once the 1-hour animation goes off on the boss moogle unless it's Benediction. If it's Benediction, THF will need to Larceny if he uses Perfect Dodge, but you will most likely wipe unless your SMN's are stacked and can kill it before the aura becomes active and tick's twice. If the second 1-hour is Benediction, it's a wipe.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-18 02:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Squabble said: »

Strategy:
*GEO uses Bolster and Entrusts Indi-Languor on THF, Indi-Frailty on themselves and will use Geo-Torpor once the boss moogle is in position.
*THF will run in, Perfect Dodge, Flash & Sentinel. Moogles will move, if they remain close to the boss moogle in the center, then the THF will need to bring the boss moogle away from the helpers.
*SMN will Astral Flow/Astral Conduit right out the gate at 100% HP once the RDM has debuffed. This is the only real way you can kill him if he uses Benediction as his first 1-hour, and even then it's not guaranteed.
*At 85% HP, THF will Larceny once the 1-hour animation goes off on the boss moogle unless it's Benediction. If it's Benediction, THF will need to Larceny if he uses Perfect Dodge, but you will most likely wipe unless your SMN's are stacked and can kill it before the aura becomes active and tick's twice. If the second 1-hour is Benediction, it's a wipe.

After buffs probably a 20 second fight. Strong SMNs can still kill through Benediction at start. 75% or higher win chance in 20 seconds.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-03-18 12:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darian said: »

Strategy:

After buffs probably a 20 second fight. Strong SMNs can still kill through Benediction at start. 75% or higher win chance in 20 seconds.

Do the starter moogles move immediately upon zone-in? Or do they move upon engagement? Would it be possible to move to a corner closer to one of the moogles at the start so that the SMNs have only a few paces to run/walk to be on top of a moogle (I'm aware they move, but even a few seconds right when the aura tick happens might be enough to get a few extra BPs in).
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-03-18 12:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They move once main boss is aggro'd. From the runs I did, they favor moving to corners as well (even the starting corner), and then chilling there. But its easy to just move away.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-18 14:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »

Strategy:

Do the starter moogles move immediately upon zone-in? Or do they move upon engagement? Would it be possible to move to a corner closer to one of the moogles at the start so that the SMNs have only a few paces to run/walk to be on top of a moogle (I'm aware they move, but even a few seconds right when the aura tick happens might be enough to get a few extra BPs in).

They move randomly after engaged. You have to respond to them. Don't have SMN engages until you know where you will be fighting him.
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-03-18 18:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty Sure there are other ways to kill besides SMN Burn.

we have found RUN and RNG works wonders.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-18 18:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kuroganashi said: »

That method works as well, but it takes significantly more time even with MMM resets. Also, the moogles are a little buggy. I've seen many people in the fight die despite being within a yalm of the regen moogles and nowhere near a bozzetto during SP. The mechanic isn't crisp enough.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-18 21:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kuroganashi said: »

That method works as well, but it takes significantly more time even with MMM resets. Also, the moogles are a little buggy. I've seen many people in the fight die despite being within a yalm of the regen moogles and nowhere near a bozzetto during SP. The mechanic isn't crisp enough.
IIRC, auras are applied and reapplied in 3 second tics, based off some server clock. That means that it's possible to enter the aura range right after an aura tic procs, meaning you could have nearly 3 seconds of being in range without the moogle's auras protecting you, plenty of time for a 1000 damage tic (which is based on a different 3 second cycle) to finish you off.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-18 21:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have actually witnessed regen aura drop before kaustra aura and every party member instantly die.

It's only happened once, but it has happened.
By Afania 2018-03-18 23:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

but it takes significantly more time even with MMM resets.

Yeah pretty much this, unlike last month, the kill speed difference between SMN and not SMN setup is pretty huge due to moving around and getting amnesiaed this month.

Pretty lame that SE made a more active content and it goes to waste.

Also it seems that melee setup kills a bit faster than ranged jobs, it's possible to get close to 10 min with melee, I haven't kill that fast with ranged setup yet, although I also only have done VD twice so not a lot of sample size.

Would also say that RNG seems to be a better choice than last month due to its versatility: It can maintain more consistent DPS than COR in oh ***moments/longer fights and shadowbind could be very useful in this fight.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-03-19 05:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastest setup so far for D,VD:
SAM RDM COR COR GEO WHM/or/BRD

Steps:

1.Essential Buffs:

WHM:Barfira,Barparalyzra,Regen,Auspice,Boost STR
RDM:Phalanx,Haste
GEO:Frailty, Fade
If [BRD]: Honor, Fire Carol, Thunder Carol, AccAttk.
COR: Sam,Chaos,Magus,Rune

2. SAM pulls [Voyger] to starting corner and one of the CORs go to Regen Moogle and locks it.
3. RDM keeps Paralyze and Dispel on [Voyager] to lock it on "Protect", also Upgraded Dia from light shots helps a lot with Inundation/Addle.
4. SAM keeps this cycle [Fudo,Kasha,Shoha,Fudo] and before SP make sure to Gekko [can also utalize COR DPS of planned correctly]
Also pay attention to Shoha Animation Lock...
5. RDM must bind Voyager Asap when it does SP and can gravity too.
6. The best thing we found is to always tringalte the locations of Voyager near the pillars to avoid Adds and to manage reaching Regen Moogle Effectively.
7. [Yaegasumi] is extremely effective between lower HP% SP’s.

We found that a competent BRD GEO healing can replace WHM and cuts the clear time considerably.
RDM is essential, Poison/Venom Potions are a must to all.
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-28 07:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just FYI....Bind lands on Voyager very easily, so it's possible to bring the voyager to the corner right before 1hr, trigger 1hr and bind it in the corner, run to regen moogle far away from the voyager. As long as pt stay far enough voyager is completely harmless during PD/MS/HF. If it uses CS or manafont just silence it. Usually silence could land twice per run before it starts to resist, so that's enough for both dangerous nuke 1hr. Only use silence if it's one of nuke 1hr and pt is within big moogle's nuke range.

Just did a couple of VD yesterday with RUN RNG x2 COR(roll only dual boxed) RDM(healer) BRD with 0 death. So far it's the most reliable none SMN setup for us with the least death/oh ***moment. As long as shadowbind is used on regen moogle so it doesn't move and cause lag death and bind is used on voyager so it doesn't come to the pt with 1hr on, it's not remotely dangerous.
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-30 10:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Just FYI....Bind lands on Voyager very easily, so it's possible to bring the voyager to the corner right before 1hr, trigger 1hr and bind it in the corner, run to regen moogle far away from the voyager.

Did a bit more VD run with "bind Voyager in the corner, shadowbind regen moogle" strat for SP move using RNG setup + RDM main healing.

After going with various groups/people with different skill level and experience I would say this strat has slightly higher average clear speed than melee setup not using it, just because people die waaaayyy less often thus they don't lose DPS. This setup eliminates most if not all the possible "oh ***" moment that could happen in a run.

Note that the window to land bind after SP used is very small if the person who cast bind is also main healing, since RNG would pick the furthest regen moogle to shadowbind to avoid pt getting hit with aoe. In one of the run I was busy curing, spent 1-2 sec trying to land bind, forgot to swap to movement speed gear when I run to regen moogle and got DoT to death. A good way to counter this is to keep gravity II up full time so the healer can cast bind after moving to regen moogle.

I've also been wondering if it's possible to outrun crystaline flare with gravity II on in RNG setup. Since RNG DPS isn't hindered if target moves, it may be possible for the tank to kite the moogle while RNG shoot it down. It's not like crystaline flare is dangerous or annoying with RNG setup anyways.