Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stop offtopic elsewhere and QQ about SMN here. ty
Stop offtopic elsewhere and QQ about SMN here. ty
By SimonSes 2018-02-09 13:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Special topic for everyone who QQ about SMN in wrong topics. Here you can finally do it and stop making an offtopic mess.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 13:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

6 pages before lock? 3?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-02-09 14:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's get started.

-MNK is the best job in the game.
-SMN is the worst and needs a serious update.
-Windower makes you invincible.
-You need an incredible amount of skill to auto WS with gearswap.
-If you're not using gearswap, you will never beat anything difficult.
-Using an obi at the right time is the most important thing in the universe.
-You can't make an Aeonic without conduit burning all the things.
-Scratch that, you can also do it by winning a raffle. You may have to waste millions of gil for nothing, but it's worth doing because you "could" save over 100m! The savings!
-You need RMEA to do anything on any job.
-Yell groups are useless, they don't even know how to get a key item for Ambuscade. Expect to give the dummys guide to every player you ever invite via /yell. They are the worst kind of player you will meet in any game.

QQing all night long .. all night. All night long .. all night.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2018-02-09 14:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd swear we already had one of these in the past six months....
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-09 14:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So let me get this straight...you created an off topic thread to discuss how things become off topic....yea okay.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-09 14:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
6 pages before lock? 3?

3 pages sounds about right.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-02-09 14:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Merge the servers already!
But make the AH points work again first, because I feel empty when they aren't up to the second
By SimonSes 2018-02-09 14:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kylos

- MNK is the best. I wont argue with that. It's the only job that let you feel like Goku or Bruce Lee, so it's an autowin
- I'm creating Nirvana atm, so I won't argue about some upgrade to SMN too
- I died 2h ago with Windower on, so you are wrong with that one sir!
- I honestly don't have an opinion on that one (auto ws in GS)
- I don't have obis. Problem solved for me
- I don't have beads. Problem solved again
- I still don't have beads, so no raffle for me too. Another problem solved easily.
- I disagree. I can run super fast on COR and tha's require no REMA and it's actually the most impactful thing in doing missions fast on my alt now. So I would say doing the most impactful thing without REMA makes your point invalid
- I don't do /yell. I do /sea all and send /tell to everyone. Far more efficient and you can meet new people even when they are not willing to join!
By fonewear 2018-02-09 14:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the 5 seconds it took to read the OP back...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-02-09 14:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
@Kylos

- MNK is the best. I wont argue with that. It's the only job that let you feel like Goku or Bruce Lee, so it's an autowin
- I'm creating Nirvana atm, so I won't argue about some upgrade to SMN too
- I died 2h ago with Windower on, so you are wrong with that one sir!
- I honestly don't have an opinion on that one (auto ws in GS)
- I don't have obis. Problem solved for me
- I don't have beads. Problem solved again
- I still don't have beads, so no raffle for me too. Another problem solved easily.
- I disagree. I can run super fast on COR and tha's require no REMA and it's actually the most impactful thing in doing missions fast on my alt now. So I would say doing the most impactful thing without REMA makes your point invalid
- I don't do /yell. I do /sea all and send /tell to everyone. Far more efficient and you can meet new people even when they are not willing to join!

I lol'd at the last one. I might have to give it a try. On my server it will only take 10 minutes to get through everyone. :p
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-02-09 14:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
So let me get this straight...you created an off topic thread to discuss how things become off topic....yea okay.

I created a topic for people who want to discuss nerfing/buffing jobs, so they can discuss it here instead of making off topic discussions in different topics. Not sure what you meant with your comment tho. Maybe it's because my english is weak, or maybe because you confused me by misunderstanding the sense of this topic completely.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-09 14:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I created a topic for people who want to discuss nerfing/buffing jobs, so they can discuss it here instead of making off topic discussions in different topics. Not sure what you meant with your comment tho. Maybe it's because my english is weak, or maybe because you confused me by misunderstanding the sense of this topic completely.

I understand now. It just seemed like you worded it funny. That or I can't read...which is possible.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-09 14:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime we do "this" anna comes in and *** up my fun. (our fun?)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-02-09 14:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo dawg.. I heard you like off-topics in your off-topic, so we put one in the back, one in the roof, and four more in the wheels! You'll be cruising around with so much off-topic, people will point in disbelief at how much you off-topic. Before you take your new ride for a spin .. you've been officially off-topic'd. Peace.

[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-09 14:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways if everyone is upset about summoner how about they just don't use them to do content. Or use them I don't care either way.

In defense of summoners they weren't used for content for a long time.

Maybe someday summoner will go back to be lolsmn and some other job will be the new bandwagon.
By Pantafernando 2018-02-09 14:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways if everyone is upset about summoner how about they just don't use them to do content. Or use them I don't care either way.

Problem isnt that they do or dont use them.
Problem is that the buyers use them.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-02-09 14:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

In defense of summoners they weren't used for content for a long time.

Maybe someday summoner will go back to be lolsmn and some other job will be the new bandwagon.

My dad has always loved Summoner, and he made a Nirvana for the love of the job, not because it became the job to use. If SMN was too overpowered in SE's eyes, they would have done something similar to the GEO/BST nerfs sometime last year.

However, by nerfing smn, it affects those who enjoy playing it for the love of summoner. It also affects those who have nothing left to do in the game but grind out aeonics. But the fact is, you don't need summoner to make aeonics. It's faster, but it's not necessary.

An easier way to "nerf" summoner without actually making changes to the job, is to give other jobs new toys. Make DD's a little harder to kill, and guaranteed you'll see more groups using melees for T4 Reisens.

Make BLMs more accurate, and you'll need less buffs/debuffs to hit magic bursts unresisted; therefore making BLM burns easier. Give Rangers more hate tools, so they don't have to stick to Coronach; or change the way Decoy Shot works, so it's easier to transfer enmity without being directly behind them. Give BSTs more ways to survive while in range, and you'll see more pet setups using BST. Give PUPs more ways to maintain hate as a tank (without needing absolute best in slot gear and everything else), and you'll find more players gearing it up to use as a tank.

Like I said before the GEO bubble change .. like I said before the BST distance change .. SE doesn't need to nerf anything. Make other jobs more attractive, and more groups will be willing to use them. Some would rather melee kill something in 5 minutes, then gear up a few mules with Nirvana so they can conduit burn something in 2 minutes. Unless someone is really .. really strapped for time, they'll consider the way more fun way of killing it, and they won't have to put a lot of gil in to gearing a job they never considered playing.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-09 14:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

3.5 pages
[+]