Why Nuke With Grioavolr?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Why nuke with Grioavolr?
Why nuke with Grioavolr?
By geigei 2018-01-31 16:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of cardinal, any chance ashita can parse the direction character is facing?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-31 16:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That's always been a large pet peeve of mine. The *** compass/clock covered by the battle menu.

use one of the addons specifically to show the game clock, i think there is even one for the compass, but forgot if that's true.

Actually.......... it'd be super awesome to .dat aug the compass to list cardinal chants cause i'm stupid and always forget.
By geigei 2018-01-31 16:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking at something like <if i'm facing west use galero, else use merlinic> inside xml.
 Sylph.Chocobro
Server: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2018-02-01 14:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do it in windower. If you can get the the x,y of yourself and your target in ashita, just need to do the math.
By zaxtiss 2018-02-01 14:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's always been a large pet peeve of mine. The *** compass/clock covered by the battle menu.

use one of the addons specifically to show the game clock, i think there is even one for the compass, but forgot if that's true.

Actually.......... it'd be super awesome to .dat aug the compass to list cardinal chants cause i'm stupid and always forget.
i think the new targetInfo addon thats coming out soon has the direction your facing included on it.
 Asura.Heeroyuy
By Asura.Heeroyuy 2018-02-01 15:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Cardinal subject to the standard MBD cap? I've been flirting with putting in a Cardinal toggle/Cardinal burst set, and I'd like to adjust accordingly. Also, if your gonna get it to swap with windower, it should be done based on the mobs position from you, in case your facing away to avoid gaze attacks, no?
 Sylph.Chocobro
By Sylph.Chocobro 2018-02-01 15:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Heeroyuy said: »
Is Cardinal subject to the standard MBD cap? I've been flirting with putting in a Cardinal toggle/Cardinal burst set, and I'd like to adjust accordingly. Also, if your gonna get it to swap with windower, it should be done based on the mobs position from you, in case your facing away to avoid gaze attacks, no?

No.
Yes.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-01 19:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Think of CC as MBDII. AF119+3 hat put GEO/blm dangerously close to BLM for maximum theoretical MBD values, and has since Omen was released. I was waiting for the community to pounce on this and utterly oust BLMs from endgame at the time. A pld/whm/SC'er+3xGEO setup should come close to the same base MB output as BLMs w/ the bonus of 9x bubbles. ._.;;

CC only cares about geographical (map X/Y) position, and totally ignores the direction you or the mob are facing.
 Sylph.Chocobro
By Sylph.Chocobro 2018-02-01 21:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You're still better off mixing BLMs with GEOs. BLM has tier VI, -ga IIIs, -jas, and ancient magic which give them a lot more options during rapid bursting. GEO can only cycle IIIs, IVs, and Vs (rarely will you be close to do a -ra III).

I can usually out-parse a decent blm, but one that's on top of their game will beat me most times (magic wall can make things random).
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-02-02 22:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Top 2 are with gada/ammurapi:

Bottom is with grioavolr/elan+1:

gada/ammurapi should be: int+19 mab+79 macc+83
grio/elan: int+33 mab+65 macc+42

I had macc bubble. No weather, watersday. All 3 spells on same mob, which last one finished it off.

Here's another with 2 same bats (both lv 114):

gada/ammurapi:

grio/elan+1:
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-03 06:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

Think of CC as MBDII. AF119+3 hat put GEO/blm dangerously close to BLM for maximum theoretical MBD values, and has since Omen was released. I was waiting for the community to pounce on this and utterly oust BLMs from endgame at the time. A pld/whm/SC'er+3xGEO setup should come close to the same base MB output as BLMs w/ the bonus of 9x bubbles. ._.;;

CC only cares about geographical (map X/Y) position, and totally ignores the direction you or the mob are facing.
What's the math on this? From my calculations, even with maxed Cardinal Chant and Galero, Geo/Blm is still behind on maximum MBB by 14%. Combined with lacking all the highest tier nukes, being restrained to very specific positions, missing out on /sch's efficiency, and having a substantial amount less MAB/MDMG, it's not surprising Geo didn't take over.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-03 08:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Nyarlko. They're clueless. Just forget it.