Ok, What's The New Dupe Trick.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ok, what's the new dupe trick.
Ok, what's the new dupe trick.
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-26 06:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This anon guy just opened about a thousand linens.

While I have held on to a few myself to open at once, this seems excessive. I bought all 30,000 in one go from this guy...
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-26 06:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone please dupe a LOT of HQ Mousai, HQ Turms and HQ Kendatsuba pieces!
I want some but can't afford them all!

Please dupers, do it for your beloved smelly galka Sechs!
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-26 07:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

as if anyone that knows it is going to tell you, lmao
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-01-26 07:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he runs the DRG army and bots Salvage 18x per hour. Might be more profitable.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-26 07:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Facts :0
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-26 07:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't already know then you don't deserve to know.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-26 07:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Someones always willing to brag about it. and/or complain.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Maybe he runs the DRG army and bots Salvage 18x per hour. Might be more profitable.

Interestingly there is no drg army on assura (at least currently, I know there was in the recent past but they're all gone now).
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-26 08:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

don't know if there is or isn't a dupe trick(besides the obvious recall dupe), but i wouldn't base its existance on some linen purses
30k alex is about 400 linens if they're even distribution, 8 chars running 10 runs a day would do that in 4 days

never mind if it's an actual alliance worth, or they farm 24/7.. i know of multiple people with working salvage bots
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-01-26 08:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiple salvage bots exist 1 char can easily farm 30k in 3weeks. multiple by 12 chars running at a time. you do the math
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-26 08:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Multiple salvage bots exist 1 char can easily farm 30k in 3weeks. multiple by 12 chars running at a time. you do the math

Who would hold linens for an entire month. You'd think they would sell weekly.

He had over a thousand, I bought less than half.

But =o salvage bot isn't common knowledge. No one I know has one/knows of one/admits it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-26 08:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

But =o salvage bot isn't common knowledge. No one I know has one/knows of one/admits it.

3 other sellers have them that I know of, I have one, they're something that's written specifically to be used by the designer. It's unlikely you'll find one in the wild, because there's no profit to be had giving it out.

You don't need to flood the market if there's not demand, and pouches are much more portable than alexandrite. I personally upgraded my bags so each farmer can hold 60k alex and have my salvage bot use them as I get them so it's not a hassle later. I can see why someone would rather stock pouches though, it removes the need for storage space almost entirely.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-01-26 09:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

3 other sellers have them that I know of, I have one, they're something that's written specifically to be used by the designer. It's unlikely you'll find one in the wild, because there's no profit to be had giving it out.

You don't need to flood the market if there's not demand, and pouches are much more portable than alexandrite. I personally upgraded my bags so each farmer can hold 60k alex and have my salvage bot use them as I get them so it's not a hassle later. I can see why someone would rather stock pouches though, it removes the need for storage space almost entirely.
This is correct, they hold the pouches because of storage space. then pop them when the need arises
By Excellia 2018-01-26 09:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Warping back a few floors used to be a thing but there were some major ban waves for that. There's someone on my server that usually has 80/80 of 99 alex about every 2-3 days. I assumed that's what they were doing since they only had one other character to farm with but who knows. I sure wouldn't risk it. You'll notice you're tracked in salvage with the lil green dot trailing behind.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-26 09:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

This is correct, they hold the pouches because of storage space. then pop them when the need arises
Facts my friend has multiple mules so he spams alexes a day usually has his 30k pretty fast
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-26 09:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellia said: »
Warping back a few floors used to be a thing but there were some major ban waves for that. There's someone on my server that usually has 80/80 of 99 alex about every 2-3 days. I assumed that's what they were doing since they only had one other character to farm with but who knows. I sure wouldn't risk it. You'll notice you're tracked in salvage with the lil green dot trailing behind.
Can't be that, since they made bosses no longer respawn and the complaint was linen. Pretty sure you can still respawn gears floors, but you'd be piling plain alexandrite not linens. My vote is still for a bot user. It's not even an impossible amount for a manual player, though I'd call it at least unlikely.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-26 09:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellia said: »
You'll notice you're tracked in salvage with the lil green dot trailing behind.

wait, what? I never noticed. Elaborate?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-26 09:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use a mapping tool you can see there is an npc dot following you in salvage zones.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Darksparksnot 2018-01-26 10:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Who multibox and is dumb enough to farm alex? That's like the worst gil/hr.
By tyalangan 2018-01-26 10:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not when you have something doing it for you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-26 10:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd totally hold it during months where ambuscade can be smn burned super easy.
By Pantafernando 2018-01-26 11:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about bots, im not sure but i think ive been seeing lot of times multiple people in ls staying for hours in camps like escha or the adoulin dungeons (moh gates mostly). I never dared to ask but im almost sure most of them should be cp boting (one person at least openly afirm that).

So, idk what happened but ive been seeing more boting since i restarted. I wouldnt discard alex boting as the reason to that many linens.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-26 11:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They've been CP botting with waypoints, at least in Moh Gates by the efts/leeches, for at least 2-3 years. Was even done back in the day with reives/hpb farming in outer raz. Not in the least bit shocked its elevated to Salvage.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2018-01-26 12:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bigger thing is why does it matter? They're bringing in items that'll later be removed via the quest involved so its just lowering price or adding stability to it.

Some ppl will *** about this but honestly at this point in the game this is actually semi helping the player base have-nots
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-01-26 12:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use a mapping tool you can see there is an npc dot following you in salvage zones.

The green dot is literally the doll you get for RoE. Its w/ you all the time. Not just some zones.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-01-26 12:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What would even be the purpose of a NPC that tracks your position in Salvage? lol
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-26 12:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cair said: »
What would even be the purpose of a NPC that tracks your position in Salvage? lol
I'm picturing something like a trust follow logic that automatically triggers if it has to warp to get to you at an inappropriate time.

I don't think this is what it actually is, it's probably just some arbitrary data. If they actually wanted a NPC to follow you, they wouldn't send you information to show that it's there. Never mind all the other more efficient ways they could track your position.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-26 12:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do these theories come from? This is honestly the first time I've ever heard that there is a tracking maneuver in Salvage, let alone even noticed a greed dot. That's interesting if it's true.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-26 12:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Where do these theories come from? This is honestly the first time I've ever heard that there is a tracking maneuver in Salvage, let alone even noticed a greed dot. That's interesting if it's true.
Around the time of the floor repop bans, people noticed that there was a 'green dot' on apradar following them. I haven't personally looked at it, but that means they are sending position updates for some sort of npc that follows you and isn't visible.

It would be an extremely backwards way to track cheating, and I kind of doubt that's actually what it's for, but enough people reported it that I believe there is something.
First Page 2 3 4