Why Doesn't BST Have A Fencer Shield Again?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Why doesn't BST have a fencer shield again?
Why doesn't BST have a fencer shield again?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-03 14:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
we arent talking about a real DD here

And that's your problem right there.

BST doesn't come with a hidden JT of Damage -50%. It's no different then any other job, just a collection of stats that are to be tweaked and exploited. BST happens to be on all the right gear to do exactly that, other jobs can certainly do it better, yet that doesn't stop BST from being able to do it. Any DD job with buffs will outdo any pet job for damage, outside of AC zerg. It has to do with just how much more we can buff player stats. Didn't know Black Beard Randy comes with capped delay reduction, 30% TA, 100% Store TP, 10.0 fTP WS with 50% STR WSC, or 6.4 fTP 85% STR WS. Any DD can WS every 3~4 seconds and will WS harder then said pet.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-01-03 15:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say access to Tri-Edge makes up for the lack of a Shield with Fencer+, for a pure DD set that is.

Tri-edge 500 TP Bonus
Moonshade 250 TP Bonus
BST Fencer 3: 400 TP Bonus/Critical Hit %+
Gifts 180 TP Bonus (Unless the TP bonus is a linear upgrade and not cumulative, I'm not sure tbh.)

Should be a 1330 bonus. Still nothing to sneeze at. You also get to keep Adapa on for a bit of -DT, Block rate, and reprisal.

Still won't edge out over other DDs though sadly. But for fun it's a nice option.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2018-01-04 16:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I'd say access to Tri-Edge makes up for the lack of a Shield with Fencer+, for a pure DD set that is.

Tri-edge 500 TP Bonus
Moonshade 250 TP Bonus
BST Fencer 3: 400 TP Bonus/Critical Hit %+
Gifts 180 TP Bonus (Unless the TP bonus is a linear upgrade and not cumulative, I'm not sure tbh.)

Should be a 1330 bonus. Still nothing to sneeze at. You also get to keep Adapa on for a bit of -DT, Block rate, and reprisal.

Still won't edge out over other DDs though sadly. But for fun it's a nice option.

Don't forget to add the damage from the pet! That should put melee bst on par with other dd's. And if you use GooeyGerard, you can keep up -33% attack/defense on the mob.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-04 21:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tri edge is nice but everyone gets an aeonic