Why Doesn't BST Have A Fencer Shield Again?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Why doesn't BST have a fencer shield again?
Why doesn't BST have a fencer shield again?
First Page 2 3
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2018-01-02 10:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like it would be the perfect fit, being that SE wants BST to be a front line job, melee'ing with axe and shield. And not only should it have fencer, but it should have -dt for both pet and master.

What do you think?
By zaxtiss 2018-01-02 10:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

don't forget -5 seconds for ready moves so we don't loose that from not using the axe
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2018-01-02 10:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

We can't ask for too much. Yes, we'll loose -5 ready delay, but we'll make up for in in damage from the additional fencer.
By geigei 2018-01-02 10:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You might wanna check how fencer works, shield is not required.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2018-01-02 11:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not a post about how fencer works. This is a post asking why bst doesn't have a shield with fencer+ on it. I know the + isn't in the original post, but you should have read between the lines. The other guy got it.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2018-01-02 11:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can tell you're not a bst.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2018-01-02 11:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You're being a troll. Your very first comment was an insult without even reading the post properly. If you want to troll this isn't the group for it.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2018-01-02 11:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, bst can use a good shield that focuses on defense for both master and pet, and increased damage in way of fencer+. With capped attack my calamity is hitting 25k and with store tp gear and capped haste, tp doesn't seem to be a problem.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-02 11:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
Anyway, bst can use a good shield that focuses on defense for both master and pet, and increased damage in way of fencer+. With capped attack my calamity is hitting 25k and with store tp gear and capped haste, tp doesn't seem to be a problem.
That’s it?
By clearlyamule 2018-01-02 12:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet doing more dmg isn't really the point. The point is if SE wasn't blowing complete smoke up all our *** about us being frontline melees then how much we aren't getting more master related melee stuff and why is it still better 99% of the time to ignore the master and do what we've always done albeit on a very short leash?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-02 12:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Pet doing more dmg isn't really the point. The point is if SE wasn't blowing complete smoke up all our *** about us being frontline melees then how much we aren't getting more master related melee stuff and why is it still better 99% of the time to ignore the master and do what we've always done albeit on a very short leash?
They also made NMs in new content that melees can’t really “melee” without getting one shot. So even wanting to do this vs something like that is again hilarious.
By geigei 2018-01-02 12:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I would give him blurred shield +1 just to see him main hand charmer merlin for +2 fencer...woot!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-02 12:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I would give him blurred shield +1 just to see him main hand charmer merlin for +2 fencer...woot!
Lol I need one of those :0 for my Pld for shits n giggles. Oh wait the shield is usually plds fun time
By clearlyamule 2018-01-02 12:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
They also made NMs in new content that melees can’t really “melee” without getting one shot. So even wanting to do this vs something like that is again hilarious.
That's what mistral axe is for! Build tp and throw axes at the mob!

Really though most nms in the game can be meleed just most people prefer not to
By geigei 2018-01-02 12:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually i should promote this thread, been trying to sell mine for a while, 45mil on ragnarok guys, be a better fencer!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-02 12:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I’m thinking solo when I play bst. My bad :( you’re talking about with group.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-02 12:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Actually i should promote this thread, been trying to sell mine for a while, 45mil on ragnarok guys, be a better fencer!
Lol I have a smithing mule but so lazy :(.
By Felgarr 2018-01-02 12:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is indeed blowing smoke up BSTs ***, for sure.

Most if not all ilvl content prevents Fencer builds from being viable for BST. Even in a group setting, all this would succeed in, is stressing out the WHM.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-02 12:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I’m thinking solo when I play bst. My bad :( you’re talking about with group.
Stop be a longer geez!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-01-02 12:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironic.

I would say that most people don't engage because you need a good healer to stay alive. Perhaps more than 1.

Proportionally very few players want to play the healer. Its hard to find a player to be the healer. Will I incur wrath to say its pretty boring? maybe its just an acquired taste...

consequently, we use trusts for healers OR develop strategies to work around the lack.

BST has been a long time job to work around this lack. Bst has long been a 'solo' job and largely avoids damage by sending just the pet, even though its outfitted to look and act like a warrior with a pet.

SE has been trying to encourage bst and perhaps pup to engage more on 1 hand, but they seem to completely miss why players don't engage.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-02 12:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop be a longer geez!
Hmm loner? Hehe but it’s fun soloing stuff :(
By clearlyamule 2018-01-02 12:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They should just give bst healer pets. More rabbits with healing carrots!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-02 12:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this really a thing now? BST gets no fencer shield?

PUP can use dragon kick, tornado kick, and Victory Smite, which all have a kick attack in it. They don't get Kick Attacks job trait. GIVE PUPS KICK ATTACKS DAT MAKES NO CENTS

inb4 somenoe roasts me for trolling: I'm trolling.

edit^>: sub drk, use Maliya Sickle/+1, and spam Cross reaper.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-02 13:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is this really a thing now? BST gets no fencer shield?

PUP can use dragon kick, tornado kick, and Victory Smite, which all have a kick attack in it. They don't get Kick Attacks job trait. GIVE PUPS KICK ATTACKS DAT MAKES NO CENTS
Or give pup...

M

ROUNDHOUSE
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-02 13:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

By clearlyamule 2018-01-02 13:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just use dragon kick on bst!