Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Home Point Crystal freeze
Home Point Crystal freeze
 Asura.Oronyx
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Oronyx
By Asura.Oronyx 2017-10-26 16:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Are any of you guys experiencing this issue where when you press on a home point, you just freeze up, waiting for the teleport destination selection to come up? You can type in the chat but you cannot do anything else, and the only way I've seen to fix it is forcing your client to close.

This has happened to me on the Eastern Adoulin (M) home point and I am using windower with XIView.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Oronyx
user: Oronyx
By Asura.Oronyx 2017-10-26 17:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt it's the graphics card, it wouldn't explain why I can still rotate the camera, see things move in game or chat. Will try these things soon.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-10-26 17:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This happens if you drop an incoming packet.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-26 18:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Client: I wanna talk to the HP
Server: ok, lets enter the state where you can't do anything else
Server: *crickets*

Happens much more frequently if more people are using the HP at the same time, so heavy multiboxers and asurans will see it the most. I don't think it's necessarily a dropped packet, since the client will re-request normally. I think the server has a bug that straight up forgets to follow up on the interaction.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-10-27 05:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, probably more like the server just decides not to send you the incoming packet or something. It happens specifically when many people interact with the same NPC simultaneously.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-27 08:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I see this a lot multiboxing. It can get pretty frustrating sometimes. Also are you using homepoint addon by any chance?
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-27 09:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It happens sometimes with the add-on (even in empty areas for me, probably the crappy hotel connection isn't helping) but you always have the option to force a reset packet and un-freeze while with vanilla FFXI you have to reboot as it's a design flaw on the server
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-27 11:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What I found specifically towards the addon and multiple accounts is that instead of doing send @all, I need to put a delayed time between each account using a HP. It will almost 75% of the time lock up at least one character. That was just from what I noticed.
By whitemage 2017-10-27 12:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This happens to me every once in a when I run to Home Point in Mhaura after Ambuscade win. Too many people in town, too much inventory trying to load and trying to click the Home Point too quickly.