True Shot Set?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » True shot set?
True shot set?
 Cerberus.Resetti
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-10-03 08:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just wondering what everyone thinks of having a true shot set. Is it feasible to make a true shot set? When would I equip the True Shot set? Would it be a pre shot type set or a midshot type? Has there been a significant amount of testing to confirm when to wear true shot equipment? Any information is appreciated! Thank you!
By clearlyamule 2017-10-03 09:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you mean by feasible... certainly can do it though I wouldn't bother with any of the pieces that you wouldn't already be considering anyways. Like anything dmg related you need it on before you actually deal dmg so midcast/shot or just normal pre for ws though wont work on magical
 Cerberus.Resetti
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-10-03 09:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just wondering because all of the job traits that end with the word "Shot" are all preshot stuff (i.e. Rapid Shot, Snapshot) and I tried looking through all of the forums about it with no avail!
By clearlyamule 2017-10-03 10:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty simple. Something that speeds up what you are doing has to be done before you start because well can't speed up something already done.
 Cerberus.Resetti
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-10-03 12:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I just feel there is more to true shot than we know, kind of like how Velocity shot was until Verda did all of his testing. I'm very curious about True Shot and what it can do for us. I feel like it is something that has been overlooked. When I get home from work today I'll see if I can make a BIS True Shot set as a start and post it here unless someone else wants to and we can crack more of true shot together!
By clearlyamule 2017-10-03 12:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Any variable speed based thing has always been not the easiest to test. A lot of older methods were dependent on frame rates which weren't the greatest. And even the newer methods using packets and such still have some static that needs bigger samples to rule out especially given the millisecond differences we are talking

True shot is extremely simple. It either procs or doesn't. When it does it gives you a set percentage increase in ranged physical dmg. About the only part I don't think has been tested is if it will proc on each hit of the 2 multihit ranged ws that exist... but it probably has and I just don't know about it