Reisenjima HELM: Vinipata Strategy? (Non-Smn)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Reisenjima HELM: Vinipata Strategy? (Non-Smn)
Reisenjima HELM: Vinipata Strategy? (Non-Smn)
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-09-12 18:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone,

So me and a some folks have been trying to down this guy the past few days. His mechanics are really weird.

For info: We are using a Brd to sleep the adds, or trying to.

We have been focusing on Melee-strategies, so we have been trying to force Raksha Stance (-50% Mdt) not Yaksha Stance (-50% pdt). The BG, correctly, indicates that Raksha stance is forced when the melee/tanks have buffs. But we keep finding him swapping back over to Yaksha stance and then obliterating all the melee. The BG says "Yaksha stance...Will only be used if the monster has an eraseable debuff on it." The BG seems to say this is only for enfeebling Magic. However, based on my experience, it looks like this also applies to: Dnc steps, Angon, Tommahawk, Brd spells, Geo spells(?), etc. Is this true, is it ANY debuffs, including melee jas? Or is one of my party members doing something I didn't see...

Also, does anyone have any experience with this guy and melee fights that could tell me which job layouts they're using?

Thank you,
Senaki.

Sources: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Vinipata
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-12 18:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

obligatory SMN all the Things
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-09-12 18:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

x6 Relic WHM only, easy prey
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-12 18:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Hello everyone,

So me and a some folks have been trying to down this guy the past few days. His mechanics are really weird.

For info: We are using a Brd to sleep the adds, or trying to.

We have been focusing on Melee-strategies, so we have been trying to force Raksha Stance (-50% Mdt) not Yaksha Stance (-50% pdt). The BG, correctly, indicates that Raksha stance is forced when the melee/tanks have buffs. But we keep finding him swapping back over to Yaksha stance and then obliterating all the melee. The BG says "Yaksha stance...Will only be used if the monster has an eraseable debuff on it." The BG seems to say this is only for enfeebling Magic. However, based on my experience, it looks like this also applies to: Dnc steps, Angon, Tommahawk, Brd spells, Geo spells(?), etc. Is this true, is it ANY debuffs, including melee jas? Or is one of my party members doing something I didn't see...

Also, does anyone have any experience with this guy and melee fights that could tell me which job layouts they're using?

Thank you,
Senaki.

Sources: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Vinipata
As far as Melee strat, What Jobs are available to you? 1 or 2 Tanks? Rng + Geo + Cor + bard would be safer. War blu etc would be good if you can Skillchain light. BLM still works although slow.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-09-12 19:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
But we keep finding him swapping back over to Yaksha stance and then obliterating all the melee. The BG says "Yaksha stance...Will only be used if the monster has an eraseable debuff on it." The BG seems to say this is only for enfeebling Magic. However, based on my experience, it looks like this also applies to: Dnc steps, Angon, Tommahawk, Brd spells, Geo spells(?), etc. Is this true, is it ANY debuffs, including melee jas? Or is one of my party members doing something I didn't see...

My understanding of Yaksha triggering is any eraseable debuff you put on it. So GEO spells shouldn't trigger it, but steps/angon/brd spells definitely trigger it.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-12 21:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, was known from 1st week or 2 people had access, Rayke/Gambit will be erased by it. Can always waste a few pops and test a method or two and see where you stand.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [588 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-23 13:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

PSA:

Maxentius (plus Thibron) at 1k TP does like 50k+ Black Halos on this thing at capped attack. Could form a pretty good non-SMN zerg strat around that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-04-23 14:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
PSA:

Maxentius (plus Thibron) at 1k TP does like 50k+ Black Halos on this thing at capped attack. Could form a pretty good non-SMN zerg strat around that.

I think anyone that can hit a 50k black halo can also melee burn this. This fight specifically is more about WHM performance and status effect negation than hitting really hard. Even with slow DD, you can easily complete this fight because there's only two sets of adds that can be slept pretty much indefinitely. The more specific requirement is a hybrid set so you don't get bopped by AoEs.