Should Indi Spells Immediately Expire, When . . .

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Should Indi spells immediately expire, when . . .
Should Indi spells immediately expire, when . . .
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-06-05 07:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

When simply entering lair revies or colonization reives (e.g. say walking through or riding a mount) and, yes, participating, any Indi spell on me expires immediately. I tried putting it on just seconds before entering the effect area and in all cases it expired.

Why is this?

Is it correct or is it a bug?

Do the wikis document this event?

Thanks for your helpful input! :))
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-05 08:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What's preventing you from putting it back on again?
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-05 08:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He went OOM from casting it the first time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-05 09:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't a bug. It's always been the case. All indicolure effects vanish when you enter a new instance or any battlefield mode. This includes reives, confrontation, escha nm battlefield, and unm. It's not new, just reapply your indicolure effects after it wears off.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-06-05 10:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What's preventing you from putting it back on again?

Nothing. I'm sorry if I implied there was something preventing it.

I noticed it because I recently put it on and expected it to be on for 4+ minutes. A few seconds into the revie and about 90 seconds after putting it on during a non-revie fight, I noticed it was no longer on and wondered why.

Sure the spells are under 200MP/each, but 100, 168, 140, etc here and there all adds up.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-06-05 10:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

Ah, OOM .. I'm a 99 / ilevel 119 GEO, so nope not OOM, but I try not to be OOM by watching my mana. :)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-05 10:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Most events that impose any sort of cap or status remove indi buffs. It seems to be by design, perhaps to discourage people using multiple entrusts prior to popping.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-06-05 10:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This isn't a bug. It's always been the case. All indicolure effects vanish when you enter a new instance or any battlefield mode. This includes reives, confrontation, escha nm battlefield, and unm. It's not new, just reapply your indicolure effects after it wears off.

Sigh.

Thanks! :)

I'll have to look at adding something about this in the WIKI (BG-WIKI and FFXIclopedia), unless it is there and I missed it.

In my case, I was fighting some regular monsters and applied the Indi-spell towards the end of the last fight. Continued on, entered a revie, and noticed it gone. OK, now I understand, but at the time I wasn't happy about having to spend the 100M (Haste) again. Alright with 2K MP, 100MP * 2 isn't much (10%), but 10% here and there begins to add up. :))
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-05 11:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You're complaining about a non-issue here. GEO is at no shortage of MP-replenishment effects, spells, abilities, gear, etc. Just cast in CMP and Empyrean and have an aspir set handy, and you'll never run out of MP, especially on reives (you can aspir barracades for no resist since they have no base stats).
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-06-05 11:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ehh, I dunno. I find it pretty freaking irritating when starting a new fight wipes an entrusted indi spell... I consider that a problem.

Also, this should quit resetting wyvern parameter bonus every fight... Annoying.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-05 11:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: When I said Non-Issue, I meant the MP part FYI... Based on what the OP was mainly complaining about.

The wyvern parameters being reset every fight is a bigger headscratcher to me than the indicolure, since the wyvern is not being released. I don't see why they programmed the stats to vanish. I'm sure their excuse is that you can just re-use Spirit Link and regain the effect of capped wyvern. It's almost as if they made confrontation/instanced event status as if you were zoning, and certain buffs vanish. Interestingly, buffs like rolls do not wear off. They will likely reason the same for indi spells: you can just re-use the spell.

The entrusted indi spell thing is annoying, but it most cases, you don't even need that spell if you have a real GEO with you. Now, if you picked Sylvie (like me) and are soloing, then its super annoying and a major hindrance imo, since Sylvie can only use 1 indi + 1 entrusted indi (which in many cases is Frailty). In this case, you'll only have 1 bubble if you fight one after another, and you'd have to wait a full 10 minutes before she can use it again, or re-summon her.
By eliroo 2017-06-05 12:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

IBHalliwell said: »

Ah, OOM .. I'm a 99 / ilevel 119 GEO, so nope not OOM, but I try not to be OOM by watching my mana. :)

I was being sarcastic.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-06-05 12:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: When I said Non-Issue, I meant the MP part FYI... Based on what the OP was mainly complaining about.

The wyvern parameters being reset every fight is a bigger headscratcher to me than the indicolure, since the wyvern is not being released. I don't see why they programmed the stats to vanish. I'm sure their excuse is that you can just re-use Spirit Link and regain the effect of capped wyvern. It's almost as if they made confrontation/instanced event status as if you were zoning, and certain buffs vanish. Interestingly, buffs like rolls do not wear off. They will likely reason the same for indi spells: you can just re-use the spell.

The entrusted indi spell thing is annoying, but it most cases, you don't even need that spell if you have a real GEO with you. Now, if you picked Sylvie (like me) and are soloing, then its super annoying and a major hindrance imo, since Sylvie can only use 1 indi + 1 entrusted indi (which in many cases is Frailty). In this case, you'll only have 1 bubble if you fight one after another, and you'd have to wait a full 10 minutes before she can use it again, or re-summon her.
My complaint was from the point of view of someone who dualboxes a geo frequently. Trusts didn't really enter into it.

I typically use entrust indi-haste + haste spell to cap magic haste, and then I can geo frailty and indi fury/vex/barrier, etc. (I'm aware that it's possible to cap magic haste using trusts... But trust AI is stupid, and they buff freaking slow(brd song duration is crap too.) How many times have I ended up with freaking ballads, or even Scherzo when i needed marches..? Oh and cor trust using evokers drives me nuts. /rantoff

If confrontation status didn't wipe indi effects, I could do multiple fights during that one entrust for a lot of content.

Hell, the fact that it dismisses luopans is similarly annoying. If it were for that I could fulltime BoG Frailty on the less AoE heavy mobs. But no. When you pop the next mob, luopan depops and indi effects are wiped.

Anyway, I very much doubt SE will ever address it, but I don't think it's a non-issue.
By clearlyamule 2017-06-05 13:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You're complaining about a non-issue here. GEO is at no shortage of MP-replenishment effects, spells, abilities, gear, etc. Just cast in CMP and Empyrean and have an aspir set handy, and you'll never run out of MP, especially on reives (you can aspir barracades for no resist since they have no base stats).
I know they have piss poor eva/meva but what you talking about base stats. I haven't exactly gone out and tested all but they certainly have int at the very least
By eliroo 2017-06-05 15:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hell, the fact that it dismisses luopans is similarly annoying. If it were for that I could fulltime BoG Frailty on the less AoE heavy mobs. But no. When you pop the next mob, luopan depops and indi effects are wiped.

Anyway, I very much doubt SE will ever address it, but I don't think it's a non-issue

I think SE operates under the impression that there is a person manning each character. Complaining your dualbox has to cast two spells every encounter (Which can be done in a single macro) is pretty silly.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2017-06-05 15:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Anyway, I very much doubt SE will ever address it, but I don't think it's a non-issue

I think SE operates under the impression that there is a person manning each character. Complaining your dualbox has to cast two spells every encounter (Which can be done in a single macro) is pretty silly.

If it was just a matter of recasting then it would be annoying yes but also manageable.

There are some fights I'd like to have my buffs up before the mob starts attacking.

The mp cost in some cases could be a problem but are generally the least problematic.

Time limited JA's are the big issue. If you're trying to spam, having your BOG luopan dismissed every fight means you aren't at 100% even if you've invested the time and downsides of extending luopan life to 10 mins.

You aren't going to have entrust up for every fight which may mean you are out 1/3 of your spells.

This is not simply an issue for those who are dualboxing. Feel free to downplay it if you'd like but it's a legitimate issue.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-06-05 15:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that it matters too much, but the wyvern thing also makes DRG's relic body pretty useless if you're not idling in it. Subjob traits are applied or removed whenever a wyvern's parameters are reset.

Quote:

It's not about recasting out of laziness, it's about utilizing the effects of BoG/EA/Entrust beyond a single fight like with Crooked Cards or Marcato or what have you. Entrust on a trust stays up, at least.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-05 15:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Entrust on a trust stays up, at least.
That's nice to hear.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-06-05 16:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You could perhaps read the entire post rather than just stopping when you see dualboxing. I mean, did you actually read the part you quoted?

This is about 10 minute recast JA'd buffs being arbitrarily limited to single fights, not about being too lazy to recast.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-05 16:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Feel free to downplay it if you'd like but it's a legitimate issue.

Except it isn't a legitimate issue, it is just something that the job has to deal with. It hasn't stopped it from being the primary support of the game for the past year. Even when a good chunk of the content involves this same reset "mechanic". I'm confident this is intentional*. Buffs stay on when we go into these encounters and pets stay up. So they have these fights coded in a way to do this.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-05 16:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with you in that removing the -colure/wyvern buff effects upon instance are a hindrance to repeated attempts, especially when chaining Escha/Reisen Bosses back to back. I respect you on your complaint. I just don't think our definition of "issue" is something SE sees eye on. If they choose to one day QOL this, it would be fine. But they are of the "Working as Intended" mindset, so I'll not hold my breath.

Either way, my response to the OP was stating it was a "non-issue" from an MP perspective, especially on a job like GEO, based on his particular circumstance and setting. I wasn't saying "it removing your buffs is not an issue, stop complaining". The context in the two comments were different, but I was responding to his point first, not yours.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-05 16:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I also highly doubt it isn't unintentional.

Unrelated, but the line really bothered me. Maybe I should go back to school.
By eliroo 2017-06-05 16:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I also highly doubt it isn't unintentional.

Unrelated, but the line really bothered me. Maybe I should go back to school.

Actually I worded incorrectly! Let me edit that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-05 16:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a nitpicker, I just read it about a dozen times and could not grasp exactly what was being said. "Highly doubt this isnt unintentional" had my mind going back and forth between whether it was intentional or not....

Lol im slow.
[+]