Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Advice on my Helix MB Set
Advice on my Helix MB Set
By SimonSes 2018-03-22 12:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont understand locud ring there. Since you have 3x merlinic with at least 10% magic burst bonus and a neck with 10% you should be at 40% cap. Is that ring MBB II or something?

Also Raetic Staff is out of my reach so I would like to know the best set without it.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-03-22 12:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
1. Are you using Raetic just for MB and helixes or just helixes? Or maybe MP doesn't run out even with the 30% added and you full time it on all nukes?

2. With almaric are resists not an issue? Or is this assuming marine stew pots, idris geo focus or something similar?

I have macc on all those pieces just didtn list it, we did testing with malaise/focus on cromdrom

fixed the ring: set was carry over. I was just using on helix, the akademos seemed to do better on nukes (maybe high mDMG? is what helped the helix)
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-03-22 12:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I dont understand locud ring there. Since you have 3x merlinic with at least 10% magic burst bonus and a neck with 10% you should be at 40% cap. Is that ring MBB II or something?

Also Raetic Staff is out of my reach so I would like to know the best set without it.

Fixed, good catch, was using shiva+1, we also tested with +3 relic head, +3 af body, some marquas gear, amalric+1 etc

if not Raetic+1, Akademos is weapon of choice
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-03-22 12:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
So from what im reading...

If Raetic HQ, no klima boots

If Akademos, use klima boots?

Toralin since your doing the bulk of testing... would you mind posting BiS Reatic (HQ only) and Akademos.

Thank you for your efforts!
Going to follow up with my friend but iirc akademos u still use amarlic nails+1 for helix, but for nuking the boots. The boots are 15% dmg, so the higher the damage of the nuke, ie 50k, the more they will add dmg wise. vs a helix which is relatively low dmg 5-10k~ish

this is what i best remmber being second best (akademos)
ItemSet 341515
By SimonSes 2018-03-22 17:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 36% Magic Burst Bonus tho, assuming perfect merlinic head.

So that +11 Magic Damage makes Amalric feet better than empy+1 for helixes?? Interesting..

But then wouldn't Merlinic legs be better than Amalric? Merlinic has Magic Damage +13 and can have up to 55MAB (15 less than Amalric) with higher INT and highier MAcc and also close the cap to 40% Magic Burst Bonus.

Idk I think the set with either merlinic legs or body, static earring and Af2+3 head should perform better. It's less mab, but 8% higher Magic Burst Damage, much higher Macc and potentially higher INT.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-03-22 18:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

feel free to test yourself, are you including the set bonus from amarlic+1 legs
By SimonSes 2018-03-22 19:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well on previous page I actually included Amalric legs+1. I excluded body for Merlinic body. Merlinic Body (up to 60Mab) is only a little behind Amalric+1 body with set bonus (63mab). Realistically you would want to have Merlinic body with Macc too, so 40MAB would be too optimistic. More like 30mab/macc, so 13 mab behind Amalric+1 body with set bonus, but 4% more magic burst on head and probably more mab on head too, since af2+3 has +49MAB and you probably also doesn't have +40 mab on merlinic head. On top of that Af2+3 has tons of Macc too +37Macc +19elemental magic and +15 Macc for Magic Burst. So yeah Merlinic body + af3+2 head seems to be much better overall than Amarlic+1 body and merlinic head.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-03-22 20:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

my merlinic head is 36mab/11burst
By SimonSes 2018-03-22 21:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

And probably because of that good augment you are biased to include it in your set, even when it's imo not optimal.

I can't test this myself, SCH is my next project and I have almost no gear yet. You can either test it yourself and prove me wrong with numbers or we can agree to disagree :)

To be more specific I think this set ItemSet 357481
should be better than merlnic head + Almaric Body. I have Empy+1 feet there too and Static earring, but you can ignore it and just switch body and head.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-03-23 07:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as Emp Boots go, if the Magic Dmg Spreadsheets are correct, we're finally at the point that they aren't always the BiS for feet. Its become dependent on the spell and other gear.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-03-23 08:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I found to be BiS for myself doing burst helix with Akademos.

ItemSet 356009

Head/Body
+15 INT
+10 MBD
>30 MAB
>30 MACC

If Raetic wins, I would have to swap Klima boots for merlinic with atleast the same stats as the other two pieces i have.

Not sure I will make the relic head to be honest. Almost every mob I solo burst helix on I can hit 10K. Maybe for solo burst magic? It's a stretch (inventory and cost) for just that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-07 10:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a link for an updated spreadsheet?

the DPS spreadsheet thread does not. and the old one from 2014 doesn't have a column for Magic Burst Bonus II

and I'm not sure how to update/include some of the JSE bonunses
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-05-31 17:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone. Just wondering how I can improve my helix set without getting HQ abjs? Is there anything obvious I could upgrade to get better numbers? Hood has MB+11. Back has Helix duration +20. Type C Akademos. Type D Gages. High macc/mab on the legs.

ItemSet 359265

Thanks for any tips.
 Asura.Fabiano
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2018-05-31 17:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Most seems good. Other than Regal Earring replacing Friomisi and obvious HQs which you mentioned.

I could be wrong, but I also suspect Academic Gown+3 loses to both Amalric and Merlinic. The complete absence of M.Atk Bonus on the gown is depressing... Why did the developers do that...
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-05-31 17:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fabiano said: »
Most seems good. Other than Regal Earring replacing Friomisi and obvious HQs which you mentioned.

I could be wrong, but I also suspect Academic Gown+3 loses to both Amalric and Merlinic. The complete absence of M.Atk Bonus on the gown is depressing... Why did the developers do that...

Yeah I was thinking the same. I either need to get another merl legs or body with +10 mb and extra mab. Does Dosis tathlum and zuuxowu grip do more damage?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-31 18:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

pedagogy mortarboard +3 and pedagogy mortarboard +2 are both good options too if you don't need MB+ from Merl head.

niobid strap, ghastly tathlum +1 and yamabuki-no-obi are options too.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-05-31 18:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
pedagogy mortarboard +3 and pedagogy mortarboard +2 are both good options too if you don't need MB+ from Merl head.

niobid strap, ghastly tathlum +1 and yamabuki-no-obi are options too.

Not got any relic +2s yet. Got the strap, but not the other two. I guess they slight improvements?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-31 18:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Not got any relic +2s yet. Got the strap, but not the other two. I guess they slight improvements?

Comparable.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-05-31 18:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Call me crazy, but I think that Raetic +1 was winning for helix burst?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-05-31 18:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Tested this on some Reisen NM level content this is the absolute best me and another friend came up with

ItemSet 356832

merlinc head 11% 35mab
merlinic boy 10% 27mab/7int
merlinic legs 11% 30mab

This was beating all the akademos combos we could throw at it with amarlic+1 and empy feet with matching weather klimaform.

This really came down to carrying 3 extra pieces of gear, merlinic burst body/legs and raetic staff+1 for an extra 3% helix dmg. Obviously if you werent going for helix duration the ambuscade cape would be put int for max dmg
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-05-31 18:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Call me crazy, but I think that Raetic +1 was winning for helix burst?

None sold on my server.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-05-31 22:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok well, i went out and got myself another merl legs. Got a sweet augment with high int (10), macc, mab, and mb+6, so I switched out my shiva ring +1 for locus.

Then I tried a better augment for my hood, so I got a bit more MAB on that with enough mb to cover it. Changed the gown for jhakri, as I don't have merl body and not in the mood to make a group for maju + augment it well. I won't be able to get HQ abjurations or Raetic, but I may be able to get a ghastly stone +1 and Refoccilation Stone for minor upgrades.