Blood Pact Ability Delay Calculations (per BG-WIKI

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Blood Pact Ability Delay Calculations (per BG-WIKI
Blood Pact Ability Delay Calculations (per BG-WIKI
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-01-28 10:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I'm a returning Summoner (last really played at level 75) and I've geared up and am seeing something strange. I've written about it in the BG-WIKI talk page for BPAD (Blood Pact Ability Delay). I thought I'd ask here, as I think more people participate here than on that specific page. The talk page is at: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Blood_Pact_Ability_Delay

I'm wondering if the main page calculations are correct. Why? By my calculation I should be at -40, but when I do any BP I'm seeing the timer at between 28 and 24 seconds (-32 and -36).

I'm not sure why the variation is occurring, but the longer delay is only for a bit (1st or 2nd BP) after I call an Avatar. Once its been out for a bit, the delay timer goes to 24 seconds.

My calculations are:

• BPAD I: -15 (Actually higher for all the gear)

• **Glyphic Horn +1 = -8

• **Glyphic Horn +1 = -8

• **Evans earring = -2

• **Glypic Bracers +1 = -6

• **Glypic Spats +1 = -6

Totals: -22 and thus maxes at -15

• *BPAD II: -12

• **Sancus Sachet = -6

• **Glypic Doublet +1 = -2

• **Conveyance Cape = -3

• **Glypic Pigaches +1 = -1

Totals: -12 and under the -15 max

• BPAD III: -5 (over 100 JP)

Totals: -5 and under the -10 max of Job Point gifts

As the max BPAD I through III can give is -30 and my total is -32, I'm capping it at -30. Adding the Avatar Favor (-10) to the BPAD max of -30 gives -40. Yet, I'm seeing -32 to -36 seconds.

Thoughts?

Thanks! :)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-28 10:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

BPD caps at 15.
BPD2 caps at 15.
Job trait bonus is seperate from both, but the total term caps at 30.

Thus, you can get a 30 second recast before favor.

Favor reduces it by (allegedly) up to 10 seconds, but is dependant on both the length of time the avatar has been out(and af3 head) as well as summoning skill. However, with every piece of summoning skill available the max currently attainable seems to be an additional 8 seconds. To get the full 8 seconds for a 22s bp recast, you need sufficient summoning magic skill in your BP set as well as your af3 head, and avatar needs to have been out long enough.

I believe SE confirmed it's a bug that it only goes up to 8. Regardless, that's the state of affairs right now.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-01-28 11:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
BPD caps at 15.
BPD2 caps at 15.
Job trait bonus is seperate from both, but the total term caps at 30.

Thus, you can get a 30 second recast before favor.

Cool, obviously, I understand. :)

Favor reduces it by (allegedly) up to 10 seconds, but is dependant on both the length of time the avatar has been out(and af3 head) as well as summoning skill. However, with every piece of summoning skill available the max currently attainable seems to be an additional 8 seconds. To get the full 8 seconds for a 22s bp recast, you need sufficient summoning magic skill in your BP set as well as your af3 head, and avatar needs to have been out long enough.

I believe SE confirmed it's a bug that it only goes up to 8. Regardless, that's the state of affairs right now.

OK, so AF is NOT 10 seconds, period, but a variable amount like BPAD I through III is variable. The components are:

• Length of time the avatar has been out.

• Summoning skill. Is this at time your summon the avatar or when you do the BP? (I suspect the latter, but have to ask ;).)

• AF3 head. Do you mean: Convoker's Horn +3?? I looked at its stats and don't see it.

Any thoughts on the length of time and summoning skill level and their specific affects upon AF?

Thank you for the reply! :)
By Verda 2017-01-28 12:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

IBHalliwell said: »
AF3 head. Do you mean: Convoker's Horn +3?? I looked at its stats and don't see it.

AF3 = Empyrean because it was the third artifact set released, the horn has favor +3 on it.
AF1 +3 or AF +3 = first artifact sets ever released (convoker's), upgraded to +3
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-28 12:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe SE confirmed it's a bug that it only goes up to 8.
Did they? Last I heard is that they "accepted" to investigate to Frod who reported it as a bug, but I don't know how things escalated from there.

If they really acknowledged it as a bug that would be great news!
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-28 13:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Was thinking of the frod thing, didn't look it up though so you're probably right.
By FaeQueenCory 2017-01-28 13:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically they said that they know it doesn't go to 10 right now...

Which given how RF1+3 played out...
And it's only the top two most tiers of Favor not being taken into account (e.g. 512+3 = 575+2 = 512+4 = 575+4 = -8s)....
I'm confident that Beckoner's Horn +2 will have Favor+4, and +3 will have Favor+7.
Though that assumes -1s/3tiers.
Which would explain why the top two tiers do nothing, as SE said it's working as intended.

Though it could be every 4 tiers or every 5...
No one has ever really tried to nail down the less than capped tiers of Favor.
(And should I be right in my 1:3 assumption; that would mean that there are 22 skill tiers of Favor. 2 we know for certain, 512 and 575, and 20 we don't have a firm grasp on.)