Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android)
Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android)
By Faelar 2016-12-11 20:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to the Dragon Blaze thread!

I have been addicted to this game for a little over a year now (that's about how old it is), and while it *can* be really grindy it is extremely satisfying. Please utilize the below spoilers (chock full of information!) to learn more about the game.

By Calinari 2016-12-11 20:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried this game when it first came out. Evil, evil grind. Semi fun though until it got to be too annoying to get the SS characters.

It's waaaaaaaay too much effort to deal with the character leveling/merging. I hope they've SIGNIFICANTLY improved it.
By Faelar 2016-12-11 20:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »
I tried this game when it first came out. Evil, evil grind. Semi fun though until it got to be too annoying to get the SS characters.

It's waaaaaaaay too much effort to deal with the character leveling/merging. I hope they've SIGNIFICANTLY improved it.

Not as bad as it used to be.
They giveaway Ally Tickets daily, as well as Shoes, Tickets, and Gold.

They've added Pets, which auto-combine Allies, Gems, and Skill Cards to help alleviate that. Deifying a new Ally is still the same process, but it's satisfying.

The only really bad grinding now is for Essences, which are used to upgrade Busters and Dark Souls (and later Titans/Giants).
By Calinari 2016-12-11 20:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They gave that ***away enmass, everyday hundreds when it was new, but the alli system is your typical p2w, with no amount of effort being rewarding. You'd waste hours and get the same *** guy over and over again.

I played for like 2 months, and on the highest tier ***, I couldn't survive anymore, the priests... I couldn't get one over A class after hundreds of merges. Enemy dps just got out of hand.
By Faelar 2016-12-11 20:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They gave that ***away enmass, everyday hundreds when it was new, but the alli system is your typical p2w, with no amount of effort being rewarding. You'd waste hours and get the same *** guy over and over again.

I played for like 2 months, and on the highest tier ***, I couldn't survive anymore, the priests... I couldn't get one over A class after hundreds of merges. Enemy dps just got out of hand.

You played for 2 months, over a year ago...It's a completely different story now!

I've never had a problem clearing content.

There are systems in place to help you get better allies (Combining), plus they freely give out SSS Summon Tickets via login rewards (You can 3 SSS per month this way), events (such as pre-registering for each new Chapter or sharing a post on Facebook), and as maintenance compensation should the need arise.

That's not even considering the SSS DEITY Allies new players get with the current New Player Campaign. You get 3 ULTIMATE enhanced SSS allies, and even a Draco Select Summon (another SSS ally), plus a Dragon Buster of YOUR CHOICE.

In story maps you can take along a Friend to help you, or use an Ultimate Deity of your choice to help clear stages. With Raids, they have Helper Bots now that are even equipped with Dragon Busters and Dark Souls, so nothing in the game should be too much of an issue.
By Calinari 2016-12-11 20:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, take offense...

I said I hoped they improved it, cause it was bad.

Sounds like they did, cool story, calm down.

They took all the negative feedback, and improved the game, that's a good thing.
By Faelar 2016-12-11 20:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, take offense...

I said I hoped they improved it, cause it was bad.

Sounds like they did, cool story, calm down.

They took all the negative feedback, and improved the game, that's a good thing.

No offense was taken, and I am completely calm. Just pointing out that the issues you had were no longer issues!

Dragon Blaze is one of the few mobile games I've kept up with for over a year (one of the others being FFRK). I play it because it's engaging. The story, soundtrack, character designs, the numerous rewards and options/stuff to do....it's all appealing to me.

Uploading a video that I stick in the OP, that shows a bunch of stuff. The different Deities allies you can get, the Dragon Busters, and Dark Souls.

EDIT: Here's that video. Recorded on PC using Shadowplay, played via Koplayer Android emulator.

YouTube Video Placeholder
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-11 22:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How much space does it use?

I'm long overdue for an upgrade but one reason I had to abandon the Bleach gacha was because I was low on space.

Also I gotta ask because I am me, how hard/how long does it take to get to a point where you get some sexy racked out female units? :D
By Faelar 2016-12-11 22:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
How much space does it use?

My phone says 1.14 GB currently. When I'm home I play it on my PC with the Koplayer Android emulator.

Grumpy Cat said: »
Also I gotta ask because I am me, how hard/how long does it take to get to a point where you get some sexy racked out female units? :D

You can get one right now if you're a new player!
With the New Player Campaign, as soon as you get through the tutorial you'll be given a New User Questline. Can't miss it, giant envelope at the top of the screen. It's 3 quests, activate the first one and you'll get a Draco Select Summon. It lets you select 1 of the 5 Draco Allies to have. Both of the female Draco are busty, pictured below.

Once you get the next quest, you'll get an Archangelus Select Summon, which lets you summon one of the Septem Archangeli. 4 out of 7 of them are busty ladies, pictured below.

If you start playing, and eventually get a Hero Select Summon, I recommend grabbing Captain Shabelle:

She later awakens into Messenger Shabelle, who is arguably one of the best healers in the entire game. Plus she gains a few new assets.
[+]
By Faelar 2016-12-13 00:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

FINALLY got my character Awakened!

By Faelar 2016-12-15 11:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine decided to quit the game, so he gave me his account. He didn't tell me anything about it, just that he's played since the game launched and to have fun.

HOLY BALLS.

In the top 10% of Hero League in Arena
In the top 10% of Buster League in Arena
In the top 20% of Fortress Battle
In the top 10% of Revenge of Belphegor

~4 Dragon Busters
Can make 1 more, but need the 1mil gold and 30 Light Essences

~1 Dark Soul
Can make 2 more, just need to ULT one unit, and enhance a couple others + the gold and Hero Essence
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-16 15:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying it out, my username is Lilligrump. Not sure how to seek out friends yet.

I got a mage with some nice big... spells though.
[+]
By Faelar 2016-12-20 18:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Christmas Secret Santa event!

By Faelar 2017-01-10 12:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The newest allies, the Titans, are jumping into the fray!
Thetis and Atlas are the first to come.

Just made Thetis today :)