Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Req: Up to date progression guide
Req: Up to date progression guide
First Page 2
By krystale4 2016-04-19 09:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, can someone help a returning player with what exactly the current warrior armor/weapons progression is nowaday? Im not talking best sets, i mean when you hit 99 and you want to upgrade from 117 sparks gear. Where do you go next? Whats a good order to get gear up to the top stuff? Thanks. :D
By Darkvlade 2016-04-19 10:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Can do skirmish and delve even wildskeeper reives for gear but I would recommend to start with Escha-zitah gear if can find a couple of friends to tag along or can reforge the old artifact/relic/empyrean armor (see monisette in port jeuno next to sagheera)hope you enjoy the game and have fun at it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-19 11:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a rough progression list that I keep reposting, I think most people would agree it's accurate:

• Starting Point (just returned): Records of Eminence (sparks gear), lower end Unity NMs, Reforged Artifact/Relic/Empyrean armor (at least 109), Macrocosmic Orb BCs, easier difficulty Merit BCs, Wildskeeper Reives, regular Skirmish (not necessarily recommended) and probably Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish, maybe Surged Walk of Echoes

• Next Step (your gear nearing ilevel 119): 119-128ish level Unity NMs, Ambuscade, Reforged AF/Relic/Empy armor 119, higher difficulties Merit BCs (Normal/Difficult), Delve, Alluvion Skirmish, Escha Zi'Tah/Sky Tier 1/2, Incursion (pre-level 130), maybe Vagary

• Mid-point (full 119, good practice with mechanics and strategies): level 130 and up content like Sinister Reign, Vagary, Escha T3 and some HELM NMs, Reisenjima T1, Unity 135 NMs

• High-end (great gear, more experience with complex enemies): Reisenjima T2/3, Escha Gods/AAs, generally level 140ish content

• The Hardest Crap in the Game: Level 150 content like Super Kirin, Warder of Courage (super Absolute Virtue), HELM NMs in Reisenjima, Tumult Curator (super Pandemonium Warden), fighting me in Ballista

Note that the bulk of endgame content consists of the middle three bullet points. The first one is usually popular with returning players, people who like to help, or whenever there's a campaign promoting that event. The last one simply consists of 10 NMs.
[+]
By krystale4 2016-04-19 11:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ Jeanpaul. Fighting you in ballista... GOALS.. haha. Thanks for the info. Very helpful. :D
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-19 16:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly don't bother with skirmish armor for melee. It gets expensive.

Skirmish weapons can be worth it however. Again they can be very expensive in the long run.

Zitah- The Despair Set with melee augments can be pretty decent. Eschite Armor also makes for some entry level PDT/DT stuff.

Ru-Aun- Emicho Body/Hands/Feet are really nice. Souveran can be good too.

Reisenjima- Valor Mask is pretty easy to get. Odyssean Cuisses/Hands aren't too bad to get either.

For swords Sangarius +1 will last you a long time until you get the drop off of Kirin, The Sandworm NM, or the sword off Sarama.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-19 16:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

krystale4 said: »
lol @ Jeanpaul. Fighting you in ballista... GOALS.. haha. Thanks for the info. Very helpful. :D
All of those other NMs have been killed, but I remain undefeated.
By krystale4 2016-04-19 16:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You must be AV in 2005. lol
By krystale4 2016-04-19 16:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

@skarwind, are you saying skip reforge and go right to escha T1 armor?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-19 17:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

@skarwind, are you saying skip reforge and go right to escha T1 armor?

Yeah, I restarted the game in November. Reforged felt like a waste of time for warrior.

AF Legs/Feet were decent enough. But become out classed fairly easy.

Despair Helm- Path D
Despair Mail- Path D
Despair Hands- Path B
Despair Legs- Meh all across the board.
Despair Feet- Path D

These will last you a good bit.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-19 17:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Going from sparks gear to Escha - Zi'tah (Despair, etc) is doable and cost-saving, though you might have accuracy or survival issues on some of the NMs. Good luck, and if you need specific details on the fights, don't hesitate to ask.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-04-19 18:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
All of those other NMs have been killed, but I remain undefeated.

i dislike ilvl gear pvp ;;
By krystale4 2016-04-19 19:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

@Sandraa Good point. Thanks
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-19 23:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What weapons are you looking to use? WAR has a large set of options that are useful in different situations. Accuracy is going to be your biggest issue for a long time, so try to get others to help you get a Valorous / Odyssean gear and that Great Axe / Great Sword from the T2 NMs.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-20 00:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Get Sparks gear to ILV117.

Play ambuscade and get the NQ sets its only about 1k of Hallmarks and can be done in 2 days. This gear its amazing for WAR. It have accuracy, Attack and damage taken reduction.

The next 10 days play VW non stop, if you miss this VW campaing and Ambuscade, you will need several Weeks to catch up. So dont miss the chance if you can start play VW today go for that, go Farm Qilin today!.

If you have a bit extra time work in RoV mission and get the JSE weapon, cost around 6 millions its an amazing weapon until you get R/M/E/A.

Dont be like my friends, they missing ambuscate set, they are ignoring VW campaing and they are playing lolUnity, Lolescha, this is not the right moment to play that content Lol.

When this VW campaing its over you can Follow jeanpaul guide.

How much gil do you make per hour in VW? A lot of posts here kept saying they got nothing after 40 pops. Can you hit 5m/hr reliably without mules or alt characters?

By gil/hr I meant avg after several days of work, not 1 lucky run where you got 7 pouches in an hr.

IMO unless you can make more than 3-5m per hr in VW with just 1 char, it's not worth the time for none multi box players.

Edit: Nvm, just saw Byrths math, 0.54 plates per kill, roughly 2.1m/hr if you can kill 40 in an hr. Considering it's very easy to make 2.1m in less than 1hr these days, that's really not a lot to advocate people do vw over other content IMO.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-20 02:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
How much gil do you make per hour in VW? A lot of posts here kept saying they got nothing after 40 pops. Can you hit 5m/hr reliably without mules or alt characters?

By gil/hr I meant avg after several days of work, not 1 lucky run where you got 7 pouches in an hr.

IMO unless you can make more than 3-5m per hr in VW with just 1 char, it's not worth the time for none multi box players.

Edit: Nvm, just saw Byrths math, 0.54 plates per kill, roughly 2.1m/hr if you can kill 40 in an hr. Considering it's very easy to make 2.1m in less than 1hr these days, that's really not a lot to advocate people do vw over other content IMO.

Well yesterday i made 10 Mil.

2 Hours before Jobs got 6 Pouchs
3 Hours after job got 8 Pouchs

Always traded a Rubi Cell. Without the cell i got 2 pouchs per hour with the Rubi 3. I think its worth Trade cells.

A dude was Trio Boxing chars, made over 20 mil in a day

10m in 5hr, so that's still 2m/hr only!
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-04-20 04:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering it's very easy to make 2.1m in less than 1hr these days, that's really not a lot to advocate people do vw over other content IMO.

Whats your secret for 2.1m/hr?

I keep seeing people say stuff like "LOL making teh gilz is easy" but few people actually share a method.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-20 04:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering it's very easy to make 2.1m in less than 1hr these days, that's really not a lot to advocate people do vw over other content IMO.

No, it isn't. Also farming VW during campaign is one of the most effortless options.

Dynamis is around 1.25m/hr and Salvage is even less so at around 750k/hr judging by current prices in one of the most active servers. Reisenjima stones aren't worth farming for gil anymore. Last time I checked some people used to make 3m/hr but that was when they were selling for 100k/stack. Sparks? Nope.

Other than multiboxing things like delve for selling mats or selling clears/drops (which can't be done all the time), is there some super secret farming method to net 2m/hr that I have unheard of?
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-04-20 05:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Other than multiboxing things like delve for selling mats or selling clears/drops (which can't be done all the time), is there some super secret farming method to net 2m/hr that I have unheard of?

Very much this... of course it's easy to double/triple/quadriple earnings when you multibox. I'm interested in claims of high gil/hr with a single account.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-04-20 07:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now, you can make 3m/hour doing WoE with the surged walks campaign. And that's just from selling coins/dice/residues. If you get a Pixie Hairpin +1, that's a 7-10m bonus.
I've been alternating between VW and WoE. WoE is the bigger gil maker.
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-04-20 07:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick look on Bismarck puts Luminials at 25k each, dice at between 15-20. Lets say an average of 20k per item there, means you are pulling in 150 dice/tissue per hour. Lucky you!

Asura they are 10k a piece, and coins are 1-2k each. I spammed WOE for a few days, no pixie +1, and was averaging around 50 dice/tissue an hour. Unlucky me!

We were clearing surged 4 quite quickly too. Popularity of WOE seemed to tank when the Pixie +1 hit 3M (down from 10M+) and WOE was empty for a couple of days, so I moved on.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-20 07:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

WoE is still very much luck, I`ve done WoE for a couple of hours and didn't get much coins or res. I wouldn't say it was a reliable way of making 2mil an hr, because you wont get that all the time.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-04-20 08:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Go when other people are there and spam #4 and/or #13. Runs will take about 5 minutes. I never got less than a combined 90 residues + dice in an hour. I sold those at 30k/ea. Add to that the coins at 10k/ea and all the other junk you npc.
If you go when there's no one else, then you won't make anything. But if there are at least 5 well geared players, join them, the money is good.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-20 08:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you get two people to enter you into Kamihr and warp off, you can make a little over 2M an hour if you can do two runs an hour. The boss sellables are like a million combined on Shiva, plus the plasm you get for more drops, plus the Beitetsu, Pluton, and Boulder cases/boxes you get from nq bosses.
By krystale4 2016-04-20 08:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

why cant any of you guys be on shiva? XD
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-20 08:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

No, it isn't. Also farming VW during campaign is one of the most effortless options.

Dynamis is around 1.25m/hr and Salvage is even less so at around 750k/hr judging by current prices in one of the most active servers. Reisenjima stones aren't worth farming for gil anymore. Last time I checked some people used to make 3m/hr but that was when they were selling for 100k/stack. Sparks? Nope.

Fern stones are still well over 100k a stack on some servers, and the NM that drops them can be soloed in 2 min. Although idk why it's only 40k a stack on bahamut :/

Dyna is definitely more than 1.25m/hr. Bronzepieces are 400k-500k a stack, if you pick your time entering you should be able to farm 2 stacks, plus other types of currency.

You pretty much listed most of the major gil methods, it's just that you can make more gil than you think using these methods. For example you actually don't need to multi box delve to hit 2m/hr. 4 kamir runs can be done in an hr for 360k plasm, if pelt drop and you convert plasma to gil, it's roughly 2m/hr as well.

If you want to argue that VW is easier because you can just stand there alt tabbing YouTube video, then I'd agree. But theres no need to act as if it's the end of the world once campaigns over.

Also to explain things more clearly, one of the post above suggests people do vw over gearing up jobs. While I'm not saying you shouldn't do vw at all, I still think it's not a good thing to advocate people not to gear up jobs. Because once you got a useful job gear up, you get way more options to farm gil that makes 2m/hr or more. On the other hand, if you only do VW but not gear up jobs, what are you gonna do once the campaigns over?
By krystale4 2016-04-20 08:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ukon and conq are still ridiculously expensive. what should i use in the mean time?
By Afania 2016-04-20 09:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
If you get two people to enter you into Kamihr and warp off, you can make a little over 2M an hour if you can do two runs an hour. The boss sellables are like a million combined on Shiva, plus the plasm you get for more drops, plus the Beitetsu, Pluton, and Boulder cases/boxes you get from nq bosses.

Or just duo instead of solo, so you can finish a run twice as fast for double amount of plasm.
By Afania 2016-04-20 09:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »

Whats your secret for 2.1m/hr?

I keep seeing people say stuff like "LOL making teh gilz is easy" but few people actually share a method.

This is not true... efficient ways to farm gil has been on these forums all the time, at least I learned gil farm methods on forums mostly. But people just choose to ignore others advice and choose less efficient ways to farm gil.

For example, a few months ago when battle field campaign was on, it was easy to make way more than 2m/hr from VD battles. But I still see people solo salvage(the less efficient way) for gil to finish their AG.

A lot of times it's not that you can't make gil efficiently, but people choose the less efficient way...idk why though.
First Page 2