Random GM Jail?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » random GM jail?
random GM jail?
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-07 19:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Verdell said:
Hm, Credit Card charge-back?

No jail for that, you receive another kind of PoL error upon login.
 Remora.Frorant
Server: Remora
user: Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 20:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

hhmmmm something else i thought of. i'm just sitting here racking my brain thinking of something i could have said or done.. whenever i get RMT /t's about going to brogame or brosale or whatever if i'm not busy doing anything at the moment i'll /t them back and say Oh hell no i'm going with the other company they're better.. or if i get a /t from the company that doesnt offer the 5% coupon i'll say, Can i have a 5% coupon with that? if not then gtfo i'm sticking with that company. something stupid like that lol you think playing with rmt like that could land me in this situation?
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-09-07 20:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw this in another thread..

"SE can ban who ever they want, whenever they want, just for the lulz"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 20:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Frorant said:
hhmmmm something else i thought of. i'm just sitting here racking my brain thinking of something i could have said or done.. whenever i get RMT /t's about going to brogame or brosale or whatever if i'm not busy doing anything at the moment i'll /t them back and say Oh hell no i'm going with the other company they're better.. or if i get a /t from the company that doesnt offer the 5% coupon i'll say, Can i have a 5% coupon with that? if not then gtfo i'm sticking with that company. something stupid like that lol you think playing with rmt like that could land me in this situation?

I wouldn't run it past them. Only way this would happen I'd think is if either someone reported you, or more likely when one of the RMTs you sent a tell to got busted they checked their chat log and saw what you said about how you go with another company.

What's an astral burn party though? Lol no one answered yet.
 Titan.Verdell
Server: Titan
user: Ardalus
By Titan.Verdell 2009-09-07 20:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Frorant said:
That is most likely why.

Astral Burn PT is where somebody trains all of Korroloka Tunnel and then blasts them all with Summoner 2hr for teh massivez expz.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 20:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh cool, thanks, I was curious what exactly that was. I don't see how people would get banned for that.

It's probably the reading of RMTs chat logs when they get busted and seeing him saying I go with another company.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-07 20:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I say much worse to RMT. I doubt you were banned for that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 20:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Katarzyna said:
I say much worse to RMT. I doubt you were banned for that.

Once in awhile I get very annoyed and tell them to shut the *** up, spelled out in caps, lol. It's that fact that he told them he's going with the other company. Meaning when they read it, they think he just admitted to buying gil.
 Midgardsormr.Corwen
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Corwen
By Midgardsormr.Corwen 2009-09-07 21:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting jailed with the NPC GM there means something triggered their auto detection system such as flee or teleport hacking and they are tossed in jail automatically without any help from an actual GM. If it were a violation that wasn't covered by the auto detection system, either an actual GM would have thrown him in jail and explained the penalty, or in the case of a ban issued by the STF, he would be booted off and the account suspended or banned without ever being thrown in jail.

To me, it sounds like the auto detection system probably glitched and jailed the OP for whatever reason, assuming he is telling the truth. If he were getting in trouble because a GM saw in the logs that he buys gil from the spammer's competition, it would have been an actual GM jailing him and explaining it.
 Fenrir.Wynnia
Server: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2009-09-07 21:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I highly doubt it's for saying he buys gil from the compeitition. I always ask if they price match when they message me.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-07 21:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

you think they'll ban me for growing plants o.o
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 21:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah me and a friend were talking and we came to the conclusion that since there was no actual GM interaction and it all happened automatically with an automated message it had to be the autoban program or whatever its called. the only thing i can think that i do that could have triggered that is logging in from multiple computers.. i log in from 3 different locations.. 2 seperate work locations and at home.. and sometimes even from my vacation home so possibly 4 locations. who knows.. i havent sent or received any gil lately in dbox. only time in the past few months i have is like if a friend buys something for me and dbox's it to me i'll dbox the gil back to them.. never over 20k tho. i'm guessing its the IP deal.. if they stand by that and ban me for that, that is seriously messed up.
 Fairy.Chaossoul
Server: Fairy
user: Chaossoul
By Fairy.Chaossoul 2009-09-07 21:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda random, but in March 2 members of the linkshell I was in were both banned with warning for an unknown reason. After their bans were lifted, they were told that they were banned due to a strange flow of data. One of the GMs that was contacted said that it may have been caused by lag, and that it made them appear to be using third party software... could be something similiar
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 21:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, that's true it was an auto-ban. So maybe it was just a glitch. Things definitely glitch a lot in this game, lol.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 21:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaossoul said:
Kinda random, but in March 2 members of the linkshell I was in were both banned with warning for an unknown reason. After their bans were lifted, they were told that they were banned due to a strange flow of data. One of the GMs that was contacted said that it may have been caused by lag, and that it made them appear to be using third party software... could be something similiar

Our Dynamis leader got banned back in April I think. When he finally got a hold of SE they told him that he was banned for an unknown reason. Got his account back the next day. So they do mess up some times.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-07 21:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe there was some bad code floating around the scripts, leading to "automatic" bans. I dunno, maybe SE is bored.
 Hades.Mirakuu
user: mirakuu
By Hades.Mirakuu 2009-09-07 22:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SE did this to a LS member of mine that worked all over the US. logging in from his laptop and everything. first he got the auto ban thing for selling crap to the closest NPC to MH so they thought he was garden duping or something. but he nvr gardened at all. then they said " oh we see that you have logged in from multiple IP's. so your perma banned for that cause we think your are RMT with multiple US ip's and like 1 or 2 international ip's" which was when he was on vacation or something
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-07 22:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend got that RMT claim too. He was fighting in Korea, then came home. Bam, bye-bye Skeearmon :(
 Caitsith.Xiong
Server: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-09-07 23:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is honestly just *** things up really bad. There special task force isn't so special. They're RMT PWNER isn't RMT PWNER. They've gone and banned so many different innocent people in the last few months. Who knows what the RMT PWNER is going to ban next.

I know some people speculate this is some sort of ploy to get us off this game and to jump ship to 14; But you all know as well as I do, most of us planned to try 14 at the least. But with these bannings, I'm not jumping into that ship.

P.S. Was wrongfully banned for mass gardening, am back now, but still WTF SE!

to OP sorry to hear that, and I hope everything gets straightened out tomorrow. I'm sure it will because you said you didn't do anything wrong. Good luck ^^
 Hades.Cheyne
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-09-07 23:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Frorant said:
So basically i got tired of waiting and logged back in. Decided to call a GM even tho the NPC said a GM call from me would not be processed or whatever....

first time in jail...
User submitted image

GM NPC's response ...
User submitted image

Sitting around bored hoping a GM might show up....
User submitted image

This is where i logged back in after an hour or so, and decided to call a GM. First time I called it got a response back in the help desk place (that i didn't get a screenshot of) that said more or less, we are unable to process your request at this time, if you feel you still need assistance please call a GM again. Something like that. So I called a 2nd time. No response and no message in the help desk place. So I called a 3rd time (said they had 12 calls in front of me that time) and almost instantly after I hit call GM i got warped to another jail same as before just w/o NPC
User submitted image

lolgimp0dmgsword
User submitted image

more or less the entire chat..
User submitted image

/cheer
User submitted image

i liked how he said his gear can't do the /cheer emote heh

ok so before i get bashed for playing on satellite internet, yeah it is rough but i manage. this isn't my main connection its just what i play on from time to time. whenever i do play on my satellite connection i tend to do stuff that doesn't require crucial timing so the lag doesn't kill me or someone else...

Over all glad i decided to call GM after all. i didn't want to at first cause i figured it'd just make things worse. Glad i got it straight tonight instead of having to wait till tomorrow at noon. Glad to breath that *sigh* of relief lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-07 23:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Frorant said:
So basically i got tired of waiting and logged back in. Decided to call a GM even tho the NPC said a GM call from me would not be processed or whatever....

first time in jail...
User submitted image

GM NPC's response ...
User submitted image

Sitting around bored hoping a GM might show up....
User submitted image

This is where i logged back in after an hour or so, and decided to call a GM. First time I called it got a response back in the help desk place (that i didn't get a screenshot of) that said more or less, we are unable to process your request at this time, if you feel you still need assistance please call a GM again. Something like that. So I called a 2nd time. No response and no message in the help desk place. So I called a 3rd time (said they had 12 calls in front of me that time) and almost instantly after I hit call GM i got warped to another jail same as before just w/o NPC
User submitted image

lolgimp0dmgsword
User submitted image

more or less the entire chat..
User submitted image

/cheer
User submitted image

i liked how he said his gear can't do the /cheer emote heh

ok so before i get bashed for playing on satellite internet, yeah it is rough but i manage. this isn't my main connection its just what i play on from time to time. whenever i do play on my satellite connection i tend to do stuff that doesn't require crucial timing so the lag doesn't kill me or someone else...

Over all glad i decided to call GM after all. i didn't want to at first cause i figured it'd just make things worse. Glad i got it straight tonight instead of having to wait till tomorrow at noon. Glad to breath that *sigh* of relief lol

Fixed
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-07 23:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

um just hit the image code and then change the capital IMG to lowercase img
[+]
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 23:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for fixing that, i was either having photobucket issues or posting issues there for a minute. i appreciate that.

ah ok thanks for the IMG tip.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Deathhaven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Deathhaven 2009-09-08 00:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

wow dude. Jailed for Lagging. lmao!
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-09-08 02:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, so all those *No Response from server* without R0-ing could'va gotten me into jail (ò.ô);;;
Wireless Internet sucks QQ
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-09-08 03:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow ... I get the (Timed out or no Responce from server connection lost ) Msg all the time and im on a Solid Connection, *well grandmas lol DSL but still a solid 100 Mbs x.x

I used to fall thru the floor in Wg out side the Tea house, and would be like Mnk/war, w.o warp & be to scared to call a GM cause i would think they would think i was cheating Lol

As for The (Dat Editing) They can't cach you for that, since the System scans the file as (1-53-105) so as long as its there, it wont freak out, like 1-53-13 is the Mithra mod or elvan mod i think, im not shure, but you can change that to Anything you want, as long as it keeps the proper directory (Rom 1) (folder 53) ( file 13 ) and even if there is an Error, you just hit (file check) or w/e on the POL log in

only thing they can check for windower is your sent / recived packets Since Windower isn't a part of the POL Folder. and they arnt aloud to scan anything out side that file.

Same works for Bots, they cant scan for 3rd pt programs, Just check your packet flow (how Samis on Fairy is able to bot so much, Cept her bot shuts down when a GM Is detected in the area, and she just spams Cure 4 >.> a few friends have "studded" her actions for a while & w/e )

Can't be banned for SMN burn, unless you are the puller, But even still to get banned for that would be Rare, very rare, Cause you woudlnt be "Holding monsters" witch is agasnt the TOS since all mobs Other then 1 (SMN AF Target or Thunder spark) all others are Yellow, hence Free to clame. *ofcoure most ppl *** when ppl do it, but they are still free*

as for being banned for (Irregular packet flow) my Ls leader was banned like 4 months ago one night, because there was something wrong w his packet files >.> I think i caused it <.< I was sitting at his HP, and we where in the same PT and i started Spamming Warp II on him, * for kicks * about 10 Warps later i loged off XD next day i find out he's under Temp-ban althou most the LS thinks he was cought buying Gil >.> /shrugs :D

P.s Sorry bout the bad spelling I'm Dead tired and about to go to bed :) pluse Eyes are burning >.< so i'm not bothering with spelling :D

so /gives Teh Grammar Nazi a cookie
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-09-08 03:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously what we're all to expect in 14 o.-
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-09-08 03:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Moldtech said:
Obviously what we're all to expect in 14 o.-

Yup:

(Welcome to <Server>)
starting NPC CS
Starting Chat
select options
(I want to make gil)
(I want to kill things)
(I want to help people)
(nothing)

<Name>: hmmm, ill go kill some bunnys in the area over there that looks like East ron+1
<Area: mordion Gaol>
GM Bob Sagget: Hello <name> welcome to FFXIV! Unfortinualy, i regret to inform you, you are about to be baned
<Name>: WHAT THE ***! I haven't even done Anything yet!
GM bob sagget: Please <sir/madam> refrain from using Vulgar language
<Name>: .... Fine... So what did i do?!
GM Bob Sagget: well You logged in to the game, and we can't stand for that.
<Name>: what.... WHAT!?...
GM Bob Sagget: I'm Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, please enjoy your time in <world>, have a good day
----------System Msg----------
This Account has been Frozen for Breaking the TOS, Billing Reminder, We will be charging your Credit/Debit Card for the next 5 years, If you block us, we will file a federal law suit. have a wonderful time in game
 Garuda.Amara
Server: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-09-08 04:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't be banned for astral burn parties, though you can call a GM on the people killing your mobs out of spite and get them banned... Had a pld doing that one day on one of my group and had done so previously on other groups. We had all called the GM, I called again, GM told me he would investigate and that he to would be upset at someone killing his exp mobs. Haven't seen the player since... :D so astral burns are safe lol