Farming Reisenjima stones on BLU
First Page 2 3 4
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-03-10 07:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah, I'm guilty of spending a lot of gil on Reisenjima stones. This damn augmenting system is random as hell, but what keeps us going is times when we get Acc+28, Att+29, and TA+3 on Herc legs in 5 stones.

So I know that BLU can solo some of the Reisenjima Geas Fete NMs pretty well. I have a solid grab on how Belphegor works and have duo'd it with a PUP and me on BLU.

Before that, I tried to solo him with Gessho tanking and he did a fairly decent job, but at the time I did not have my GS set up properly to equip my macc gear with Blank Gaze, so he would resist it about half the time. One unresisted spell with Mori up took Gessho down and I followed fairly soon after.

What are some of your experiences with soloing Reisenjima NMs with trusts? I know that having August or Amchuchu would make my solos more efficient, but my only real option at the moment is Gessho. I just started SR and hopefully will get lucky with the August trust soon.

Thanks in advance!
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-03-10 07:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
Before that, I tried to solo him with Gessho tanking and he did a fairly decent job, but at the time I did not have my GS set up properly to equip my macc gear with Blank Gaze, so he would resist it about half the time. One unresisted spell with Mori up took Gessho down and I followed fairly soon after.

Never had any problems with landing blank gaze on him. Only soloed Corse and Soulflayer so far and the corse is by far the easiest of the two. With /RUN, MG, barspells and fire resist runes he isn't even able to break magic shield if you dispel his memento mori quick. Was using August, Amchuchu, and RDM, WHM and BRD trusts. Since he reflects spells cast on him, he will be busy with reflecting flash of two tanks with haste 2 and march.

The Bugard and the headless guy should be doable too.
[+]
 Sylph.Parshias
Server: Sylph
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2016-03-10 08:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

First thing try to get August. He's the best Trust tank around, so that'll help a lot. Amchuchu is great to have as well, but who knows when she'll be available again.

I've predominantly soloed three of the Reisenjima NMs, here are the details:

Belphegor - As long as you have the Magic Accuracy to land Blank Gaze, this guy is a big baby. The only remotely dangerous thing this guy will do is Sleepga II, and even then that's only really dangerous if he's already at very low HP and in his "spam Memento Mori every three seconds" phase. Amchuchu is the best tank to use here, although August is fine too and August will actually wake your WHM up if you do run into Sleepga. Subjob and spell set don't require anything specific outside of Blank Gaze.

Selket - This guy is kind of a jerk, and I have yet to find a consistent way to beat him, instead usually winning about 75-80% of the time. Wiki says that you can lock him into a specific TP move by spamming WS, but SE must have changed his behavior at some point because that totally isn't the case in my experience. Subbing /NIN for shadows is necessary here, as is most likely using August to tank. Outside of August and a WHM, I like to bring two Stunning trusts and a BRD for Marches. He has a heavy AoE damage move, AoE poison for very high HP/tick damage, and a TP move that puts up a Slow aura. The Stunning trusts are in my set up to try and avoid that Slow aura, as it will totally screw with your damage, and more importantly, your Utsusemi recast time. Apururu is suggested for your WHM trust since she's the only one with Curaga. This guy has a hate reset move, and uses Mighty Strikes, so you will be tanking for a good portion of the fight and its very important to keep shadows up to avoid getting killed by a Mighty Strikes enhanced double attack. My success rate on this guy is way higher with Mighty Guard up than without.

Taelmoth - Now is the perfect time to solo Taelmoth thanks to the trust campaign that saves them from dying once per fight. You'll want /NIN and Blank Gaze set, otherwise your normal melee set up should be fine. Pack two (or more) tanks to this one, I use August and Amchuchu. Under normal circumstances, you would expect one of your tanks to die every time Taelmoth does his Azure Lore SC+MB, but with the campaign active its possible to get through the entire fight without losing any trusts. Keep your shadows up, keep his MAB buff off of him, and kill him as quickly as you can. You should be aiming to kill him before he gets his third Azure Lore off.

I'd be interested in anyone else's strats for the Dullahan. I always hear about mages soloing him. I've never soloed the Bugard, but I imagine he's pretty easy to deal with, just super annoying and slow with all the stuns he throws out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-03-10 08:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The bugard is by far the easiest of all T1. Once you get the hang of it, you wouldn't want to bother with any of the rest to farm stones.

You just need to make sure your hp doesn't stay near 50% for long while you have hate because Tyrant Tusk will kill you if its damage is enough to drop your hp below 50%. Also, it is able to cast breakga and your healer trust will be hit. For those reasons, you would want 2 tank trusts to share the hate just to be safe (but 1 should be enough). It doesn't last very long but trusts aren't that tough either so time to time, you are likely to see them owned by Tyrant Tusk while they are petrified.

You should be fine as long as you bring some DT gear to turtle up while petrified (shouldn't need too much unless you are super unlucky). Just bring along some cure spells for emergencies. Restoral does wonders (but fruit should be fine with some potency gear). Other than that, it has a defense up move called Scutum which you should dispel to make quick work of him.
[+]
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2016-03-10 08:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding to Parshias' post, these 3 are the ones I rotate through on BLU.
The only thing I'd add on Belphegor is that when he gets to low % (under 15 iirc) he uses chainspell and starts to spam Memento Mori. You can play defensively and keep spamming gaze at him, but I prefer to just sudden lunge him as soon as he does CS. Generally he dies before stun wears at that point and it speeds things up a bit.

For selkit my trust setup is yoran-oran, nashmeira 2 (she casts curaga), gessho, arciela 1, sehl'tehus, and teodor. Teodor is the key here. Since his melee hits count as TP moves, it forces hell scissors. Blank gaze attack/evasion boost if you happen to see them, or even better stun them if you're fast enough. Aside from that it's just keeping shadows up and zerging.

For Taelmoth I prefer gessho outside of this event, just make sure he has capped magic haste from other trusts. He can usually blink the nm's skillchains. Also I like to MB my 1st SC. If you can drop his shield, you can stunlock him and it makes the fight trivial.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-10 08:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For Talemoth, you can disengage and run around in a circle until his Azure Lore wears off. He'll try to cast his spells and MB, but you can out of range most of the spells before he can finish casting. This will keep your tank trust alive. Some things like Barbed Crescent have a bit longer range and can still hit though. He usually doesn't use that the first Azure Lore.
[+]
 Sylph.Parshias
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2016-03-10 09:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I should mention since the title of this topic is stone farming, that different NMs seem to favor different stone drops.

Belphegor and Taelmoth favor Fern Stones.
Sang Buaya favors Taupe Stones.
I didn't pay enough attention to Selkit's drops the last time I farmed him, so I don't know what he favors. I think I'll be trying him again soon, though.

So go after whatever you're most interested in. For example, my last farming run I did 4 Belphegor and 4 Taelmoth and ended up with about 140 Fern Stones after I used all the sacks. The Pellucid and Taupe Stone amounts from that run were significantly lower, like 2-4 sacks each.
[+]
 Odin.Vuq
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-10 09:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way to farm them on any class would be to buy them in singles and sell them as stacks.

If your server is anything like mine 12 singles will be a third of the price as one stack. Same goes for skirmish stones!
[+]
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-03-10 10:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Padisharcreel said: »
Adding to Parshias' post, these 3 are the ones I rotate through on BLU.
The only thing I'd add on Belphegor is that when he gets to low % (under 15 iirc) he uses chainspell and starts to spam Memento Mori. You can play defensively and keep spamming gaze at him, but I prefer to just sudden lunge him as soon as he does CS. Generally he dies before stun wears at that point and it speeds things up a bit.

For selkit my trust setup is yoran-oran, nashmeira 2 (she casts curaga), gessho, arciela 1, sehl'tehus, and teodor. Teodor is the key here. Since his melee hits count as TP moves, it forces hell scissors. Blank gaze attack/evasion boost if you happen to see them, or even better stun them if you're fast enough. Aside from that it's just keeping shadows up and zerging.

For Taelmoth I prefer gessho outside of this event, just make sure he has capped magic haste from other trusts. He can usually blink the nm's skillchains. Also I like to MB my 1st SC. If you can drop his shield, you can stunlock him and it makes the fight trivial.

For Selkit, you mentioned 6 trusts. Do I choose between Arciela 1 and Selh'teus? Also, Teodor is in the login campaign this month so I will make it a point to grab him. Do you use Occulation or go /nin for Selkit?
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2016-03-10 11:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Woops, sorry about that. Was supposed to read seltehus *or* teodor.
I use /nin for all of them. Not needed for belphegor, but no reason to go change.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2016-03-10 12:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're feeling impatient and cant wait for your login points to build up, Balamor also works for making Selkit go crazy.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-03-14 18:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried this NM with Gessho, Apururu, Koru-Moru, Joachim and Ulmia. I sc and MB him 3 times and his shield was still intact. How often do you manage to break his shield?
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2016-03-14 18:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not common solo. Maybe once in 2-3 fights. Its more of a bonus than a vital part of the kill strategy for sure... just keep your eye on it and when the shield drops throw a sudden lunge on him.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-03-14 18:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just save sudden lunge until Belphegor uses chainspell, should die before stun is even off
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-03-19 12:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It's not common solo. Maybe once in 2-3 fights. Its more of a bonus than a vital part of the kill strategy for sure... just keep your eye on it and when the shield drops throw a sudden lunge on him.

I was able to get his shield down and sudden lunge still had no effect. I have almost perfect macc on blu also so idk..Was able to get him 2% before getting killed. Going to try again with 2 tanks this time.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2016-03-20 13:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Quote:

I was able to get his shield down and sudden lunge still had no effect. I have almost perfect macc on blu also so idk..Was able to get him 2% before getting killed. Going to try again with 2 tanks this time.

Try riding Occultation. I'm always /WAR for these fights and Occultation shadows should be enough to keep you safe. As long as you have them up when it uses Azure Lore you should be fine, just when it goes to "MB" switch into M.Eva to avoid Terror and get shadows back up. And of course if you're not the one with hate, don't stand next to the tank since most of the spells he uses are Conal.
By Clement 2016-03-22 18:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How feasible is Crom Dubh solo? Anyone have any advice for that guy? I tried a couple fights but his huge AoE move that he starts doing sub 50% wrecked me.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-03-22 18:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a whole lot to do except hope Sudden Lunge doesn't miss/you don't get intimidated/you don't currently have hate (shield blocks would prevent the Stun effect, though Temporal Shift could replace SL in this case). From my experience, trusts with access to Stun will focus on Niohanto as well, but I wouldn't rely on that due to their high recast. Not really worth mixing in to your T1 rotation.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2016-03-22 18:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »

Just tried this NM with Gessho, Apururu, Koru-Moru, Joachim and Ulmia. I sc and MB him 3 times and his shield was still intact. How often do you manage to break his shield?

August, Amchuchu, Qultada, King, Yoran. Tenebral Crush, Nat. Med, Zerk, Wacry. 3ktp Savage Blade for 30k into a 3 step with cdc and Sinker Drill (magic shield should evaporate. if not a Spectral Floe MB will do the trick) CDC barrage till dead. Should be a 3 minute fight. No shadows, no running away when Azure Lore is up. The two tanks keep him off you even if you're spamming 25k+ CDC's.

You don't even really need to do it with any style either. CDC spam works just fine. Should be 100% win.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2016-03-22 19:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU can easily kill the bugard also. Yes he can be a douche but if you can usually catch with a 3 step darkness (Savage>CDC>Sinker Drill) which normally takes him down to 30-40% in the 1st 2 minutes of the fight. If he doesn't stun you after 3 stepping, a MB with Spectral floe should put him into single digits.

Can also just Req>CDC for darkness the whole way.

CDC spam works too, but not as effective as the 1st 2 strategies.

Trusts Amchu/ August, Qultada, King, Joachim, Yoran
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2016-03-22 20:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Not a whole lot to do except hope Sudden Lunge doesn't miss/you don't get intimidated/you don't currently have hate (shield blocks would prevent the Stun effect, though Temporal Shift could replace SL in this case). From my experience, trusts with access to Stun will focus on Niohanto as well, but I wouldn't rely on that due to their high recast. Not really worth mixing in to your T1 rotation.

Also worth noting that if you want a reliable Sudden Lunge-tier stun to do some rushing down (like if you have constant hate), you could use Blitzstrahl. It's not fast, but it's super effective if you need to keep at a range.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-03-24 10:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If tonberry hate is low, how about Gomberry?

Seems like if you Spectral Floe the adds and have tank/support trusts, you should be able to CDC spam him down pretty effectively? Go /nin for shadows, or ride occultation and /war?

This stuff is very fun by the way. I can regularly beat Belphegor and Selkit (although that Selkit fight is pretty hair-raising with all the yellow/red HP you get throughout that fight), but sometimes Taelmoth cheats and one-shots me or my tanks :) I will try the two-step skill chain that Lykinia mentioned.

Man, I really need to find time to spam SR so I can at least get August. That, and SE c'mon give us another shot at Amchuchu.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-03-24 12:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gomberry is an easy target as well, yes, but most BLUs do have Tonberry hate for their Rancorous Mantles. You'd just have to make sure you don't pull hate from your tank trust(s).
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-03-24 12:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The strat mentioned for Bugard works fine if he isnt being a giant *** and spamming sleepga/breakga lol, sometimes mobs just like to be *** like that though.
By fillerbunny9 2016-03-24 13:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oryx is also feasible if you need the helm from him (which I did after accidentally getting Refresh +2 when trying to get good MAB augments....), though it might help to make sure you are well stocked on Temps. he will spam AoE moves that can inflict silence, and if your Trust WHM isn't far enough out of range, things can get dicey. I went 1/1 for the helm, so have not done him again since, and took August, Amchuchu, Yoran Oran (U), Arciela II, and Selh'teus. I had been hoping Selh'teus would help with AoE curing, but was next to useless, so maybe King or another WHM would be a better choice for him. I did not bother with trying to break the horn on him, as he recovers a fair amount of HP when he regrows it. the fight was definitely a little risky, by the time Mighty Guard had worn off, he was getting a bit spam happy, and he ended up taking out one of my tanks, and I was in red HP when I popped off a final CDC for the kill. it might not be a bad idea to bring along a Super Revitalizer to redo Diffusion MG, both for its benefits to the tanks as extended duration.
By Zeak 2016-03-25 01:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
If tonberry hate is low, how about Gomberry?

Seems like if you Spectral Floe the adds and have tank/support trusts, you should be able to CDC spam him down pretty effectively? Go /nin for shadows, or ride occultation and /war?

As far as stone farming goes, he's probably the easiest to farm for Pell, yeah. I imagine any subjob is fine, as I don't recall he has anything that wipes shadows, so you can ride Occulation pretty easily. And yes, do clear your Tonberry hate before you fight him; Trust automatically have 0 Tonberry hate, but since this fight is full of hate resets/ignores, he can turn around at any given second and 1-shot you with Rancor. In fact, I could probably write a whole essay on all the ways this guy can make you dead in seconds, partially because
sometimes mobs just like to be *** like that though.
is 100% true. However, if things go alright, it's a 2-4 minute fight solo, making it a viable option if you're hurting for Pell stones.

fillerbunny9 said: »
I had been hoping Selh'teus would help with AoE curing, but was next to useless

I'm kind of surprised, Selh is usually on point with his heals. Now that I think about it, though, BLU may be at a disadvantage with Selh due to CDCs SC properties. He's always gonna want to close Light with Revelation, so he's probably blowing all his TP on that. I've only attempted Oryx solo with COR, and Selh would always Rejuvenate after every Meteor/Wrath, but that's probably because he can't close Fusion/Light off of Leaden (Oryx has massive dark resist for some reason, though) or Wildfire. Have you tried Arciela I for the fight? I usually use her for AoE heals as well, and I would definitely agree you need some type of large AoE healing for the fight, especially ones that aren't shut down by silence. Like a lot of modern NMs, there are certain "Winning Combinations" a mob can do to just put you down, and in his case, it's usually AoE silence > Meteor > Wrath of Zeus.

Speaking of Wrath of Zeus, I might be going crazy, but I think it has a chance to cause Mute. For whatever reason, Healing Waltz and Cleric Drinks sometimes won't get rid of it from my WHM trusts, saying they have "No effect", while they continue to sit there not casting any spells on allies in Red HP. Maybe someone could clear that up, but if that IS the case, it makes Arciela/Selh that much more desirable.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-25 02:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue with using Selh'teus on Oryx is probably less one of skillchain issues (he prioritizes Rejuvenation below a certain HP% iirc, might have an MP trigger too) than whichever conal attack it is that inflicts amnesia. Need to position him behind Oryx or he'll be worthless for most of the fight.

Never seen Oryx mute me for what it's worth.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-03-25 03:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lykinia said: »

August, Amchuchu, Qultada, King, Yoran. Tenebral Crush, Nat. Med, Zerk, Wacry. 3ktp Savage Blade for 30k into a 3 step with cdc and Sinker Drill (magic shield should evaporate. if not a Spectral Floe MB will do the trick) CDC barrage till dead. Should be a 3 minute fight. No shadows, no running away when Azure Lore is up. The two tanks keep him off you even if you're spamming 25k+ CDC's.

You don't even really need to do it with any style either. CDC spam works just fine. Should be 100% win.

I would love to see a spam of 25k+ cdc even with crush and meditation... Anyway, I do this with Gessho, Amchuchu, Apururu, Selh'teus and Arciela I. I can't spam 25k+ cdc but I still pull hate, so I just pop gnostic drink at start and spam cdc (crush/meditation/occultation up). It usually dies before I start pulling some serious hate again (or shortly after due to randomness of cdc) but kiting him is very easy if necessary.

As for others;
I tried the horse once, wasn't fun. I tried breaking the horn, doesn't help at all.

I wiped to dullahan many times, only killed several times and gave up. I just can't react fast enough to not miss a stun on nohiohohoh or w/e and trust stunners arent reliable even with crazy fast cast and haste on them.

For bugard; /dnc to waltz apururu (silence) + amchuchu, august, king, qultada, apururu + blank gaze for scutum + cdc spam

For lich; any sub + august, apururu, arciela I, selh'teus, king + blank gaze... lots of blank gaze (especially at low hp) + cdc spam (and hope it doesn't charm but it is safe to recover, just VERY annoying

For selkit; hate this one, it is no good for my heart. /nin + gessho, amchuchu, teodor, king, apururu + cdc spam

opening with 3k savage > cdc > sinker > floe is too strong, cant deny that but I am usually too lazy to do all that :( so cdc button mesh ftw!
By Ruaumoko 2016-03-25 05:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Selkit is actually extremely easy as he is pretty easy to predict.

Key to Selkit is to use Ulmia as a trust, because she will use Scherzo on you and your tank when you get hit with Hell Scissors. Do not use any trust that will Dispel as you want to use Osmosis and take his Sharp Strike, which is a 100% Attack Bonus for 5:00 or longer. I also set Diamondhide and White Wind to support the trusts if he gets nasty. Sudden Lunge spam during Mighty Strikes and keep Occultation up at all times.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-03-25 07:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried Gomberry this morning and...I was still missing a fair amount with 1357 accuracy. I was doing well with plenty of time but I mistimed a spectral floe and ended up on the ground thanks to the adds. Had him at 30%.

I mostly want to kill him for the clear, but also for the valorous mitts for my pld.

Gonna switch my Nibiru to acc path and perhaps try and get more acc on some of my herc pieces before I try him again.
First Page 2 3 4