Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Love Halberd plz
Love Halberd plz
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-07 01:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As the subject says :( yes, I know Bazaar/Wanted sections and all of that, but it's unlikely someone will bother looking up this drop since it commonly gets trashed.

I am interested in acquiring, free through the goodness of your hearts or otherwise, a Love Halberd. This drop is very commonly trashed but now I have 75DRG, I would like to obtain one.

Why? Simply put, I have a good feeling that it'll outperform Thallassocrat as long as I'm willing to spend the stones, and it just looks damn fun. And shiny!

Why don't you just get one the "proper way", I hear you cry? Well, it is very unlikely my LS will be partaking in any Jailer of Love fun for a long time, and even if we do there will be a lot of competition for the Halberd.

I just posted here because it'll get more attention than just on my page (though you never know, I seem to top lists for most viewed very often for some reason... I'm probably just too damn loud).

If payment is involved, please let me know in advance so that I may evaluate the offer and if necessary ensure I have the appropriate funds.

My apologies for wasting most of your time in reading this very boring topic :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-07 01:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shut up Raen! :p Or I think Fatee does jailer ***, try to ask him maybe.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-07 01:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes love pole is awesome dont know why people would trash it. Id lvl drg if I got it
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-07 01:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's mainly trashed simply because of the large number of them which gets produced; 100% drop is wonderful in that way.

And cheers, I'll have to do that :O am want shiny poking stick!
 Asura.Xed
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Xed 2009-09-07 02:07:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Someone get this guy a Love Halberd... Never seen someone ask for something so damn nicely O.o I believe I may have just been raped by the English language.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-07 02:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Being raped is nice? :o
 Asura.Xed
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Xed 2009-09-07 02:24:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Well no, but thats the problem here =O
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-07 04:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave your mom my love halberd last night. Lolololololol.

/ontopic, to be completely honest, Love Halberd is really a SAM weapon, since SAM doesn't get the option of using really good polearms.

That being said, Fay Lance can get some really good augments, some even better than V Fork, so that would be a really good alternative.

Virtue weapons just use stones way too fast, and really aren't even worth using unless you have a high base DA rate or otherwise, to get reaaaally fast attacks, i.e. Faith Baghnakhs /DRK with Hundred Fists.

Otherwise, you can augment Thalassocrat with ACC+5, fairly commonly. I think that would outdo Love Halberd also.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-07 04:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll never get a Fay Lance to beat Valkyrie's Fork I don't think... would take obscene augments.

I know about the Virtue Stones but I have a load rotting anyway. I just think Love Halberd might be the best nonrelic polearm for DRG (Valkyrie's Fork pulling ahead depending) provided you supply the stones, similar to how Fortitude Axe is beastly on WAR.

Love Halberd lacks 34DMG but has 50% DA. It is 8hit, but with low delay and 50% DA rate, meaning in reality it accumulates TP at an incredibly rapid speed - and outdoes any other polearm by miles in the TP phase.

7DEX on the Polearm provides both accuracy and a large crit rate boost on Drakesbane, helping to bridge the DMG gap, and the DMG gap is less significant on weaponskill anyway. It won't be as good for epeen, but the sheer quantity of the WS should outdo the quality, and Love Halberd already decimates in the TP phase.

Now the question is; can Love Halberd's DA proc on Jump/High Jump? :o
 Seraph.Corleonis
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Corleonis 2009-09-07 04:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe it can proc on jumps, nor on WS sadly. However unlike other "occasionaly attacks X times" it DOES stack with other forms of double attack.

But it gets better! Not only do they stack, they can both proc on a single attack round, giving a low "triple attack" to them.

While it's fun to mess around with, this thing is just a blur in zergs and such.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-09-07 04:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey on the topic of the Love Halberd.

If anyone is willing to let me get one of these (Free if possible since such a common trash drop D: ) I would really be very appreciative as I could use this weapon on both SAM and DRG and that would be quite nice to actually have a decent weapon.

Send me a /tell ingame or on here let me know.
 Bahamut.Bercus
user: Bercus
By Bahamut.Bercus 2009-09-07 05:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This or more likely next weekend we do JoL(s).
I will contact you to check if you still need one Rae!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-07 08:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, cheers :) would be most appreciated.

I intend to parse Love vs Thallassocrat to see whether the reality of the situation is in line with the theory, we shall see...
 Lakshmi.Septroth
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2009-09-07 08:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
I gave your mom my love halberd last night. Lolololololol.

/ontopic, to be completely honest, Love Halberd is really a SAM weapon, since SAM doesn't get the option of using really good polearms.

That being said, Fay Lance can get some really good augments, some even better than V Fork, so that would be a really good alternative.

Virtue weapons just use stones way too fast, and really aren't even worth using unless you have a high base DA rate or otherwise, to get reaaaally fast attacks, i.e. Faith Baghnakhs /DRK with Hundred Fists.

Otherwise, you can augment Thalassocrat with ACC+5, fairly commonly. I think that would outdo Love Halberd also.

uaaaaa {Tomoe} {Please check it.} thanks
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-09-07 09:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

XD Tomoe is defiantly a good Polearm for SAM.

I need to work on getting one.
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-09-07 22:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Love halberd is crap like all sea weapons that aren't temp axe, but feel free to come along if you see us in sea raen
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-07 22:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it have hearts on it and look all cute? If so I'd like one for my Tarutaru too :D
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-07 22:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Soboro can proc on Jumps so I don't see why Love Halberd wouldn't? I have one for SAM and wasn't a fan of it compared to Tomoe, personally. Your points on DRG may make a difference, though.
 Bahamut.Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-09-07 22:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i'll cover your taru in hearts for free

crotch hearts

User submitted image
 Bahamut.Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-09-07 23:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

seriously though, i have friends who parsed it and they say it's only really good for zergs with SV that last longer than 20 seconds or so, nice to have around for that IF you don't lag and have some ballin WS gear in order to get some crit ws to make up for it being D60 to thal's D94. for most stuff thalassocrat or a really good fey weapon will outperform it, also thal's add effect of eva -20 should be taken into consideration as it'll affect everyone else's damage too should it proc (lol).

also tomoe is better for sam according to some people in ls who've parsed it, and DA proccing on jumps isn't a decision maker due to their long timers, yeurgh.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-07 23:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Love pole can proc on double attack too.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-07 23:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Show me a Fay Lance that beats VFork. Preferably not shooped, k? ACC+5 augments on any FOV augment is as common as any other strong augment, which is to say it isn't common at all.
 Seraph.Corleonis
By Seraph.Corleonis 2009-09-07 23:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If FoV or Fay augments could beat VFork I'd cry. I'm next up for one, we do Odin's Chamber every other week, and it has been over 5 months since one has dropped.

Something about that much effort being put to waste by a quick NM fight just doesn't sit right with me ._.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-07 23:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Corleonis said:
If FoV or Fay augments could beat VFork I'd cry. I'm next up for one, we do Odin's Chamber every other week, and it has been over 5 months since one has dropped.

Something about that much effort being put to waste by a quick NM fight just doesn't sit right with me ._.

Well yeah but I mean look at all the posibilities that can be on it. Might be a 1% chance