Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2015-11-20 21:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope this got lost in translation.

it's potentially Accuracy+15 Haste +6.25% Attack+48 Ranged Accuracy+40

I was expecting a combined effect but I thought it would be stronger.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-11-20 21:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that haste make it so low as to not be worth using? What about with haste 2?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-20 22:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

well unless they natively get the same level of bonus as an instrument boosted song, they'll be weaker than the base songs no matter what since you would need to perform Honor March with an instrument that has no +song on it.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2015-11-20 22:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It potentially can't be boosted in the same way as other songs.

Can't equip Gjallarhorn and Marsyas at the same time.
No +acc from Madrigal merits
No +atk from Minuet merits and job points
The only modifiers might be (reforged) empyrean hands with march+1 and Marcato or Soul voice.

With gear/merits/job points the songs listed would give
Acc+33 Haste +14% Attack+90 Ranged accuracy+50
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2015-11-20 22:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Does that haste make it so low as to not be worth using? What about with haste 2?

It's not that great because you wouldn't cap magic haste unless you used all 3 marches. (This is assuming the only other form of Magic Haste you have is Haste1). You can already cap Magic Haste with the 2 current marches and haste 1. Generally with my experience in endgame rdms aren't really used and geos have better stuff to use than geo-haste, and embrava has a pretty short duration.

You would cap magic haste if you had haste2 on (or something else with magic haste like embrava, geo haste, etc).

Verda said: »
I'm guessing that's base and potency can be boosted as other songs?

No, because you (assumingly, unless you can unlock "honor march" like you would emp weaponskills) would be casting it in a weapon with no +song on it. +4 song is what makes gjallarhorn so good (and what boosts songs by so much).
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-11-21 14:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
For anyone wondering, considering the instrument (so far) has no + songs on it, if the value from the "advancing march" it gets is close to the original, (64/1024), you won't be able to cap magic haste with honor march + victory march + haste(1).

How disappointing!
Marcato covers it if it is going to be a fight that isn't dispel heavy.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-23 03:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if I completely agree with the disappointment I see around for Marsyas and Honor March.

First: I can understand the sentiment about which BRD is a hardly relevant job atm (even with all 3 legendary weapons, i.e. a lot more work than most other jobs require, the best we can say atm is "BRD is not that bad", which is quite the euphemism)

Second: Honor March is bound behind a weapon that will require a lot of dedication and work to be completed. Well, not as much as oldtime Mythic maybe, but still a lot of dedication.

Aside from that, I see potential in the song in itself, and it could become a fixed song in every rotation, aside from mage songs of course. Most notably, it allows you to give more accuracy than you can normally give (since there are only 2 madrigal songs), and this is particularly good in an age where DDs need every little ounce of acc you can get. Can't say the same about Attack maybe given how there are 5 different minuet songs already.
There are still many unanswered question that may decree this song's failure or success:

1) Does this song cap at native skill? Or does it require more to cap? And if so, does this allow the song to reach interesting values? (maybe it STARTS at the same values as Advancing March, Sword Madrigal etc, but you can reach HIGHER values thanks to the song capping at higher amounts of combined sing/wind skill)
2) Will +Madrigal/+Minuet Merits and Job Points affect this song?
3) Will song auments on Empyrean armor affect this song at all? Only march? All of them? None?
4) Will the haste part of this song allow you to break the magic cap? (high doubt it, but still we can't know it for sure)

With song duration +50% Any Carnwenhan user* will be able to fulltime Marcato this Song, thanks to NiTro. That's supposing no dispel... which is quite a big premise, I know.
Carn BRD with the best duration gear atm can already fulltime One Marcato song, with NiTro. Sadly the same can't be said for non-marcato songs :P
Song+4, in terms of duration, is more or less 30% more duration? Which is the amount of +Duration found on Daurdabla.
Marsyas has +50% so yeah, super easy to fulltime it with Marcato (again: supposing Marcato even has an effect on it lol)

Edit:
* Supposing there is no cap to Song Duration +! No known cap as of now.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-15 03:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I know this is a necro, but now that the song is out have we confirmed that you can get "All Songs +1" on the Chironic gear? How rare is it and does it stack with G Horn or is +5 the highest possible?

Now that we know the base and how much Honor March gets with each +1 upgrade, it seems like an incredibly powerful buff for melee's.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-15 04:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Big part of me would suggest the All Songs +1 augment is going to be a myth just like the All Songs +3 thing with Linos.

I only suggest that as it feels someone would have got an All Songs +1 augment by now and had it confirmed, if it is possible then, considering how poorly documented it is, the rarity must be ridiculous, you'd be talking about hundreds of millions of gil to get +1 song on all 5 pieces.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-15 04:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth asked about that a few weeks ago on BG but nothing came out.
Original screenshot of the JP text Song+1 augment was on Valorous feet too.

I'm a bit skeptic about it existing, just like I was with the Song+3 on Linos (which never got proved anyway iir).
It's not even a matter of good photoshopping.
If you're good at manipulating packets you can manipulate the data you view in your client, just client-side.
That won't affect the real augments you get on the item, but it will affect the augments you get displayed on your screen when the NPCs gives you back the item.
That way you can make perfectly legit screenshots without resorting to photoshop.

At this point even if that were real, it's clear it's so rare it's not a realistic option to consider, imho.

Anyway, Honor March is an awesome song. The problem is not in the song itself but in the job, at this very moment in time.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-15 04:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, did anyone find out if Honor March is boosted by empy hands?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-15 04:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it is, gear with +March affect Honor March and that's the only thing augmenting Honor March that we know so far.
Even if it gives a set of very different bonuses, it's considered as a "march" by the game and is hence affected by March enhancing gear.

Numbers with and without are on the BG thread, think the Aeonic weapons thread.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-15 10:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Byrth asked about that a few weeks ago on BG but nothing came out.
Original screenshot of the JP text Song+1 augment was on Valorous feet too.

I'm a bit skeptic about it existing, just like I was with the Song+3 on Linos (which never got proved anyway iir).
It's not even a matter of good photoshopping.
If you're good at manipulating packets you can manipulate the data you view in your client, just client-side.
That won't affect the real augments you get on the item, but it will affect the augments you get displayed on your screen when the NPCs gives you back the item.
That way you can make perfectly legit screenshots without resorting to photoshop.

At this point even if that were real, it's clear it's so rare it's not a realistic option to consider, imho.

Anyway, Honor March is an awesome song. The problem is not in the song itself but in the job, at this very moment in time.

Yeah just read that thread and it seems bogus in general. Means HM is stuck at +1 which kinda sucks comparatively. Would love to see it at +4 or +5.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-15 10:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SE named QA and TH as two dark matter specific augments. Every other augment available through dark matter is also available on an armor or weapon with a stone.

It just feels really unlikely that Song+ is the one unnamed exception.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [427 days between previous and next post]
By OmniKroe 2017-04-17 12:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Here comes another necro bump.

This forum ends before the release of this notorious moonbow whistle/+1

So how is honor march fairing with the +2/+3 effect from that and is it now more sought after?
By Davorin 2017-04-17 12:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35597/you-spoony-guide-a-troubadours-libretto/36/#3248070