Nosoi Low Man Strategy?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Nosoi low man strategy?
Nosoi low man strategy?
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-19 11:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a low man nosoi strategy. His stupid poison aura is the thing that's making a short fight into a drawn out fight. Would a party of blue blue 1 support 1 healer work? Or is a paladin necessary? Just keep in mind we don't have a scholar to do the magic burst method.

I think if doing blue blue we can set magic fruit white wind diamond-hide to heal and mitigate some damage instead of letting white Mage curaging and take hate?

Trying to keep the group low so we can all get a damn nibiru blade and doing it quick. Thanks for response.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-10-19 12:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU can work, you WILL want White Wind and you will be using it. :P

You don't require a paladin; I tanked it on NIN (and wished I were a paladin at times lol)

He's weak to earth, somewhat, and I think I remember seeing a stagger from a spell/MB (My San nuke maybe?)

It may not be the Poisonga spell that's getting you (I don't think it's an aura); it enpoisons and it's fairly potent. Antidotes are cheaper than Ayapec shells. Could try /RUN for Pflug but that may not do much good; shadows (Utsusemi or Occultation) would probably work better.

Enfeebling it helped some also, I threw the ninjutsu kitchen sink toward it a few times with few resists.

Good luck getting your Nibiru Blade. ^.^
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-19 12:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Should we throw out some entomb or something? Antidotes work for removing the aura from poison?

Thanks.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-10-19 12:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not waste the MP on Entomb unless you're BA'ing, and even then, I'd save it for healing or buffs. That's just me, though. Embalming Earth's slow (I think slow, I haven't had my coffee yet) would probably land, while petrify likely will not.

The regen from MG might offset some of the DoT, as well as its other benefits.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-10-19 12:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally did it with WHM, GEO, DNC, PLD (Trust), WHM (Trust), something else (Trust). Practically, the "real" WHM wasn't needed and could've been another DD, buffer, or whatever. So BLU, BLU, random mage should work. A tank NPC should easily keep hate against a WHM's cure, as long as the WHM isn't completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Aside: Rumours are something like THF, DNC, whatever works, too: Evisceration (THF) > double CF Rudra's Storm supposedly kills it on the spot.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-10-19 12:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am also going to be trying for the blade at some point, and I am curious: Is it resistant to magic damage? I fought it maybe 2 times like 4 months ago so I have no idea.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-10-19 12:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Montaeg said: »
Is it resistant to magic damage?
No. Stone works fine. Haven't tried other elements.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-10-19 12:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Fenrir.Montaeg said: »
Is it resistant to magic damage?
No. Stone works fine. Haven't tried other elements.
Awesome thanks! I had planned on stone for the stagger.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-10-19 13:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Seiryu's hate mechanic, it seems to have been "patched" or something. I've done it a couple nights ago with the LS doing the same SCH SC + MB method and the only time the PLD lost hate was after Dread Dive which is a hate reset.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2015-10-19 13:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Poison aura goes up when it uses Mighty Strikes, which it seems to do at least once every 25%. I can't remember if you can sleep/bind/grav/break it, but it's not an issue if you just have everyone but a tank run away for 45 seconds. You can use antidotes and Poisona, but like all auras, the poison comes back very quickly.

Other things of note:
-- It gets super evasion when it's readying WS just like Hakawai from Marjami Delve. Combined with the poison aura, it's a lot easier to nuke than to melee, but doable either way.
-- From The Skies is a conal WS with a long wind-up that adds a fairly long encumbrance effect. If you're tanking, you should have enough time to run out of range (10'? I forget). Trust tanks are nice for this reason.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-19 16:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all for advice. I now have a better idea on how to do this fast.