Vagary Palloritus Low Man Strat?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Vagary Palloritus Low Man Strat?
Vagary Palloritus Low Man Strat?
By lhova 2015-09-18 14:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a strat to kill this low man? Ideally 6 or less (not top of the line gear but decent gear. I need ***tons of defiant sweat and they are becoming more costly and more rare on my server so I'm hoping to form a group and consistently take this down. Thanks!
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-09-18 14:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We've killed him with PLD, SAM, THF, BRD, GEO, WHM pre-May. Think we had less than 5 mins left, though, and GEO had Idris. Replacing the SAM with a different DD like BLU now would definitely make it go a bit faster.
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-09-18 14:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD, GEO, WHM, COR, BSTx2 AOE all the things. Your beasts will need decent reward/dt sets and COR's random deal might be needed to reset their pet timers. Your PLD just needs to know how to gather up everything.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-09-18 14:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Have gone as PLD WHM GEO COR BST BST with fast clear time a few times.
By lhova 2015-09-18 14:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
We've killed him with PLD, SAM, THF, BRD, GEO, WHM pre-May. Think we had less than 5 mins left, though, and GEO had Idris. Replacing the SAM with a different DD like BLU now would definitely make it go a bit faster.

Why would BLU make it go faster? I have a very decent BLU (never get to bring to to vagary events) Just wondering what gives BLU the edge in there? Thanks!
By lhova 2015-09-18 14:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

And can you give me an actual strat for the fight, roles, buffs to focus on etc? I know I'm needy but thank you in advance!
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-18 14:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What gives BLU the edge is that it's the strongest melee DD at the moment. It also provides far more utility than SAM, so that's always a huge plus for low-man content.

A good few BSTs will make the trash mob waves go by much quicker, but for bosses, a BLU will provide the quickest kills. All depends on what you have access to.

Buffs will be just the same as practically any other melee-oriented fight out there. Cap attack speed and accuracy, then add as much raw power as possible. Also suggest vex, attunement, or both for the bosses, as their AoEs can hurt.
By lhova 2015-09-18 14:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So with Blu am I just capping as much dw crit atk, atk, spells with a few 116 spells (tenbral, spectrul, etc) and not worrying so much about magic aoe? I love my Blu but I guess I never realized it's true potential.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-18 14:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
So with Blu am I just capping as much dw crit atk, atk, spells with a few 116 spells (tenbral, spectrul, etc) and not worrying so much about magic aoe? I love my Blu but I guess I never realized it's true potential.

You don't want to as much DW as you can get, you want as much as you need. Which means you need to do math or leech off of someone else who has already done the math.
By lhova 2015-09-18 14:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
What gives BLU the edge is that it's the strongest melee DD at the moment. It also provides far more utility than SAM, so that's always a huge plus for low-man content.

A good few BSTs will make the trash mob waves go by much quicker, but for bosses, a BLU will provide the quickest kills. All depends on what you have access to.

Buffs will be just the same as practically any other melee-oriented fight out there. Cap attack speed and accuracy, then add as much raw power as possible. Also suggest vex, attunement, or both for the bosses, as their AoEs can hurt.

Mind sharing spell lists? And is the mega boss weak to any specific spells or is it a straight melee with self skill chaining when possible. I never figured Blu could out melee Sam or "heavy" DD on anything lol.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-18 14:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My best suggestion to you, as biased as I am, is to read the guide on the BLU forum and ask all your questions there. The guide will help you figure out what spells to set, gear to use, and how to play the job. I'll add in a DW calculator by the end of the day for people to figure out their needed levels based on buffs.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-18 15:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, and Floppy's link, too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.