Amalric (HQ) - Vs. - Helios For Magic Bursting

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Amalric (HQ) - Vs. - Helios For Magic Bursting
Amalric (HQ) - Vs. - Helios For Magic Bursting
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-16 00:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
With all do respect, I know only you even have such, but I think you are mistaken.

Losing Amalric+1 feet is minus 19 MAB 5 INT which includes the Set Bonus.

So that vs MBD+10% and no way Almaric+1 boots wins vs Helios.

You're forgetting the magic damage +11 on amalric+1. Also I would think that the difference would be 24 MAB as most people would put +20/20 magic acc/mab over the 25 mab augment on helios.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-09-16 00:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
So that vs MBD+10% and no way Almaric+1 boots vs Helios wins.

It'd actually only be 4%. You can get 36% MBD while maintaining 4/5 amalric +1.

ItemSet 338001

Yeah.... that I'm not as possitive about but I still think this ( unless no weather ) 51% MBD
ItemSet 338002
will beat that set but idk for certain. I cannot personally do such math.
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Also I would think that the difference would be 24 MAB as most people would put +20/20 magic acc/mab over the 25 mab augment on helios.
It's not a given that everyone chose such when doing MB increases Macc on it's own w/o such an aug.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-09-16 01:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be close and, if I was in your shoes Ejiin, I'd probly stick w/ what you're suggesting win or lose regardless. Just cuz +1 doesn't exist.....

Original point tho is we still need that 4~5% more to cap ><
By Dsuza 2015-09-17 19:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't checked the thread in a while but I appreciate every ones replies (And no, it wasn't meant to be a troll post as the first reply somewhat questions)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-09-18 06:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
So that vs MBD+10% and no way Almaric+1 boots vs Helios wins.

It'd actually only be 4%. You can get 36% MBD while maintaining 4/5 amalric +1.

ItemSet 338001

Yeah.... that I'm not as possitive about but I still think this ( unless no weather ) 51% MBD
ItemSet 338002
will beat that set but idk for certain. I cannot personally do such math.
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Also I would think that the difference would be 24 MAB as most people would put +20/20 magic acc/mab over the 25 mab augment on helios.
It's not a given that everyone chose such when doing MB increases Macc on it's own w/o such an aug.

At least on my SCH, both theoretical testing via the nuking spreadsheet with max gear, and with the standard, non-Amalric gear I have available, which is all but Amalric Gages, I have never gotten Twilight/Static to overcome Seshaw/2nd MAB earring. That's both with single and double weather active.
 Asura.Zaffre
Server: Asura
user: cocl
By Asura.Zaffre 2015-09-30 02:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not meaning to piggyback but would this theoretically be the most optimal for MB minus insanely rare gear like HQ Amalric or would there be a more optimal setup? Helios feet is MB +10%.

ItemSet 338378
 Asura.Spearus
user: spearbx
By Asura.Spearus 2015-10-15 04:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

hello,

I have 1200 JP on BLM and was curious, BLM gets MBD JP gifts. How should I gear for MBn with JP gifts and gear? If I'm not mistaken BLM gets 31% from gifts(15) and MBD JP category(16%), should I still try to stack 40% from gear? Need some input if anyone can help.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-10-15 05:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Things that don't count into the gearcap are:
- Gifts
- Jobpoints
- Amalric Gloves
- Mujin Band

Rest of the gear you stack up to 40%.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-10-15 05:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zaffre said: »
Not meaning to piggyback but would this theoretically be the most optimal for MB minus insanely rare gear like HQ Amalric or would there be a more optimal setup? Helios feet is MB +10%.

ItemSet 338378

Helios Head with MB +10%. Then use a better body and Friomisi Earring.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-10-15 07:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 338378

ItemSet 338583

With Lathi, this set has 194 INT, 284 MAB, 102 M. Acc vs your 182 INT, 294 MAB, 88 M. Acc.

This is assuming perfect augments on all Hagondes and all Helios. Helios is a lot more reasonable to get 20 MAB/20 Macc on than for Hagondes to Reach >25 MAB, so adjusting for that, it's more like 284 MAB vs 284 MAB. Even if Helios wasn't to have 20 MAB/Macc, 17 is still common so it's still 278 vs 284 MAB, and the INT will make up the difference in lost MAB.

Now, taking into consideration M. Acc differences between the 2 sets, not to mention that you can give up 10 MAB for an additionall 30 M. Acc, it's easy to see why using NQ amalric wins quite easily. Your set also requires a 10 MB dmg Helios Boots whereas my set only requires 15 between the head and feet.

If we take into account Lyramion's suggestions, your set becomes 294 MAB, 107 M. Acc, 186 INT, which is certainly a lot closer. I would say either set works about equally well and go with whichever you have easier access to, assuming you can easily get a hold of 10 MB dmg helios head/feet.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-10-15 10:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm missing something, I believe Amalric Gages bypass magic burst damage cap, so you'd still want 10% on both. Do the gifts count toward cap?

Edit: Nvm, keep thinking Locus breaks cap. Still curious about gifts, though.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-10-15 11:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Things that don't count into the gearcap are:
- Gifts
- Jobpoints
- Amalric Gloves
- Mujin Band

Rest of the gear you stack up to 40%.

Literally 4 posts up. >_>
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-10-15 12:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The base job trait also doesn't count towards the cap, I think. It seems likely to me that they're just implementing it in two different ways (either adding to trait, which doesn't count towards the cap, or adding to another term). It's entirely possible they would see this as an unintended feature.
 Asura.Zaffre
user: cocl
By Asura.Zaffre 2015-10-16 12:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

ItemSet 338378

ItemSet 338583

With Lathi, this set has 194 INT, 284 MAB, 102 M. Acc vs your 182 INT, 294 MAB, 88 M. Acc.

This is assuming perfect augments on all Hagondes and all Helios. Helios is a lot more reasonable to get 20 MAB/20 Macc on than for Hagondes to Reach >25 MAB, so adjusting for that, it's more like 284 MAB vs 284 MAB. Even if Helios wasn't to have 20 MAB/Macc, 17 is still common so it's still 278 vs 284 MAB, and the INT will make up the difference in lost MAB.

Now, taking into consideration M. Acc differences between the 2 sets, not to mention that you can give up 10 MAB for an additionall 30 M. Acc, it's easy to see why using NQ amalric wins quite easily. Your set also requires a 10 MB dmg Helios Boots whereas my set only requires 15 between the head and feet.

If we take into account Lyramion's suggestions, your set becomes 294 MAB, 107 M. Acc, 186 INT, which is certainly a lot closer. I would say either set works about equally well and go with whichever you have easier access to, assuming you can easily get a hold of 10 MB dmg helios head/feet.

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

ItemSet 338378

Helios Head with MB +10%. Then use a better body and Friomisi Earring.

Thanks for the info guys. I think i'll have to go with Tychefm's suggestion until I can get some more amalric pieces.