Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Inundation spell
Inundation spell
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2015-05-14 16:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

A new white magic spell, Inundation, has been added

Inundation (RDM Lv.64, casting delay: 20 seconds, effect duration: 5 minutes)
Increases skillchain damage received based on the number of different weapon type weapon skills used.

anyone know where this can be found at?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-16 18:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Creepstix in lower Jueno.
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2015-05-16 19:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you the one place I didn't look
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [264 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-05 00:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'm suddenly thinking that Inundation might actually be pretty good:

This was a 3 step skillchain: Last Stand > Blade: Hi > Rudra's (unstacked). No SC bonus gear or buffs were used, no Malaise. While it is known that Cailimh takes extra Earth-based damage, my usual setup has been THF DRG GEO BRD Koru Kupipi, with frequent SCing and I've never had that much of a jump in SC damage.

Didn't get the NIN's SC damage since he blinked it out. Earlier I did hear that a random Blade: Hi > Exudiation did 1k with 2.5k Darkness (also on Cailimh). Going by this, it would seem that it can really crank up a multi-step SC. I'll probably try this out on a more elemental-neutral enemy and see how it does.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-05 01:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Night Matt!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [490 days between previous and next post]
By Notacka 2017-06-09 04:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The big thing I wanna know is does it wear off after a skillchain or does it stay on for a set time?
By Yandaime 2017-06-09 05:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a couple of friends you can test it in Diorama.
RDM puts Inundation on someone wearing MDT Gear
Other guy is either SCH or SAM and pops a SC on the test subject (obviously not wearing MAB; not trying to kill)and see how long it lasts.

1 SC?
2 or 3 SCs?

Edit

NEVERMIND

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Inundation

It definitely lasts for multiple SCs,
But only works for different weapon types.
+20% for each new Weapon Type used it looks like
 Odin.Horu
Server: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-06-09 07:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

inundation lands on the mob like any other spell with its element being non element like distract or frazzle meaning it can't be immunobreaked but has higher than normal landing accuracy, and it doesn't wear off after one WS or SC or SC set. it'll wear off only when its erased (Thru w/e mob ability/spell) or the duration runs thru fully.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-06-09 11:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone with a sound mind for the game mechanics and math in general get on BG inundation talk page and do the math
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Inundation
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-06-09 11:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

DO THE BATH, I mean MATH people!!!!
By clearlyamule 2017-06-09 12:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The dev note was clearly wrong and people pointed it out when they made it but no responses to that yet. Saw a little testing back when it came out and the bonus from inundation was 1.2 on the first skillchain but then 1.333 for second while the dev note would make it 1.2 for first 1.44 for 2nd

What I could gather from the new discussion stuff is it is definitely missing some information needed to do any math. Like do you have any magic dmg stat? Day weather? what was the mob? what about that weird ilvl/weakness factor. Or even better just test and give dmg data without the inundation to compare to

Also it could use to be rewritten to be clearly what the heck is being said lol. Like those numbers are they several examples of closing ws dmg and corresponding skillchain dmg for that step or were you showing the dmgs for each step?
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-06-09 12:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Horu said: »
inundation lands on the mob like any other spell with its element being non element like distract or frazzle meaning it can't be immunobreaked but has higher than normal landing accuracy, and it doesn't wear off after one WS or SC or SC set. it'll wear off only when its erased (Thru w/e mob ability/spell) or the duration runs thru fully.
Um, what? Inundation, Frazzle, and Distract all have elementa.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-06-09 13:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
The dev note was clearly wrong and people pointed it out when they made it but no responses to that yet. Saw a little testing back when it came out and the bonus from inundation was 1.2 on the first skillchain but then 1.333 for second while the dev note would make it 1.2 for first 1.44 for 2nd

What I could gather from the new discussion stuff is it is definitely missing some information needed to do any math. Like do you have any magic dmg stat? Day weather? what was the mob? what about that weird ilvl/weakness factor. Or even better just test and give dmg data without the inundation to compare to

Also it could use to be rewritten to be clearly what the heck is being said lol. Like those numbers are they several examples of closing ws dmg and corresponding skillchain dmg for that step or were you showing the dmgs for each step?
I am the one who posted on BG wiki, i know what information is put there and placed all neccacary info with directions on how to use it there (I compacted it is all), please contribute productively, theres a small variable there (Like everything in this game there is always a small variable) What i am asking is my math correct in confirming the 1.2x value in the 4 step and 5 step variables?
I'll try and edit BG wiki to reflect clearer info
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-09 14:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It was stated to be a 20% increase per WS type being used, we can confirm that there is a large increase when combining different types but the difference between 1.33, 1.4 and 1.44 is rather annoying to test during actual gameplay. Our preferred SC is SCH Fusion + RNG Trueflight for light.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-06-09 14:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I am the one who posted on BG wiki, i know what information is put there and placed all neccacary info with directions on how to use it there (I compacted it is all), please contribute productively, theres a small variable there (Like everything in this game there is always a small variable) What i am asking is my math correct in confirming the 1.2x value in the 4 step and 5 step variables?
Stop being so defensive. Pointed out what you missed is contribution. But I'll make it simpler your math was wrong because you were missing variables/information or it was just unclear to even really check. I'll check what you've edited but keep in mind all the variables in https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Skillchain. Like magic dmg that is on most ilvl weapons, was it wind earth or ice day/weather? I see you added mob so that handles level though not sure about element weakness. That one is kind of weird especially going back to the original testing on it but I'd guess erucas are neutral. Or much easier do a sample with the same situation without innudation
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-06-09 19:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just reread what Camate said in that Dev post talking about Inundation. My assumption is that he sucks at math, but is it possible that the effect of Inundation persists through each chain? Like over the duration, if you hit a mob with enough weapon types(I thought it was WS from those weapons) that Inundation is continuously boosted over the duration? I've never tested that nor do I know anyone that has. I'm fairly certain that it doesn't work that way, but I've never bothered to see.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-06-09 23:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop being so defensive. Pointed out what you missed is contribution. But I'll make it simpler your math was wrong because you were missing variables/information or it was just unclear to even really check. I'll check what you've edited but keep in mind all the variables in https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Skillchain. Like magic dmg that is on most ilvl weapons, was it wind earth or ice day/weather? I see you added mob so that handles level though not sure about element weakness. That one is kind of weird especially going back to the original testing on it but I'd guess erucas are neutral. Or much easier do a sample with the same situation without innudation

I'll try and fill that information here if that helps.

(Below is quote from BG wiki
Skillchain damage is determined by eight factors at the moment:
Skillchain Bonus = 0
Magic Damage = <--- this could be the problem for the 4th step WS, however the 5th step doesn't have magic dmg
Skillchain Damage +% equipment. = 0
Day/Weather Bonuses (can be forced using Obis) = (Didn't check weather but no obi's used)
Staff Affinity = 0
iLevel/Resistance Damage Bonus = 0 (Because its a adoulin zone)
Magic Damage reduction/bonuses of the target = 0 (Its a eruca, its defence is move is cocoon, physical defence)

/sigh looking at it again, i'm gonna have to retest this ~Bangs head against table~
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2017-06-10 02:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, done further testing, placed results in BG wiki https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Inundation
Can someone do the math?

If you need further details, please let me know and i'll answer if i remember or have it writen down.

If there is further testing that needs to be done, forget it, already given about 5+hrs towards this