Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)
Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)
First Page 2 ... 16 17 18
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-09 02:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Node 244
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-09 02:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mewgoat
Server: Fenrir
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2015-04-10 02:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the updated set man
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-04-10 04:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly certain Izuna Dmg+17, acc/att+15, crit dmg+5 would be best possible augs mainhand w/ OAT
Could do WSD to cover all WS but honestly Blade:Hi is still best by alot majority of the time.
 Fenrir.Inkydo
user: inkydo
By Fenrir.Inkydo 2015-04-10 06:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, very cool choices thanks for putting them up!
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-13 06:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So today I learned to use spreadsheet (and yeah, Triple Attack pulls ahead VS Critical for TP).
By Kaerin 2015-04-13 16:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just coming back and collecting gear, but for blade; hi, I get better results with WSD 3% on every piece of taeon, using taeon body over Hattori+1, a 9 AGI ring, and 8 AGI in the ear slots, (but 4 AGI and 5 DA might be better, I havent checked it yet, mainly because I forgot brutal exists until I saw this post, I also concede windbuffet+1 could be better, I dont really know how to count the extra WS youd get every 100 or the conserve tp).

This;
ItemSet 334054
with ACC/ATT 20, CC 3%, WSD 3% on every Taeon piece. I'm curious to see your math as to why CD pulls ahead of WSD. I assume I'm doing something wrong and crit chance is higher than I think it is, which would probably make switching a few pieces to TA 2% better?

EDIT:::
This is probably a good place to ask this;
Does the 4% crit chance augemented on Taikogane carry over to main hand hits? How about the 2% that it starts with. Way back in the day we all used Senjuiriko over Fudo in the main hand even with it's lower damage because we thought crit chance didn't carry over, and 3% CC was better than 1 base damage for Blade; Jin. And if it doesn't carry over, how about the STP+5 you can get augemented, will that carry over to main hand hits?
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-13 18:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this before applying it to a spreadsheet.

I haven't had the time to play around with the spreadsheet (learned to use it this morning). But when i do, i will try it with WS DMG and various other augments

And yeah, Critical does affect mainhand+WS as well.
By Kaerin 2015-04-13 20:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Spread sheets make baby Jesus cry. Where's the math? Half the fun of this forum was trying to prove each other wrong all the time :( where's my austar!?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2015-04-14 08:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back Kaerin. Spreadsheet is god. :D
By Kaerin 2015-04-14 14:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It took me a minute, but I figured out how to hit 98% crit rate without counting taikogane.
Atma of the Razed Ruins (30%) Atma of the Gnarled Horn (20%)Atma of the Scorpion Queen (10%) Hattori Ningi +1 (6%), Nefarious Collar +1 (3%), Iga Dochapu (3%), Happo Shuriken (1%).

30+20+10+6+3+3+1=73
Add 20% for DEX and 5% for merits and you hit 98%, so if I get any none-crits I will know that Taikonganes 2% base doesn't apply.

Currently using STP+5 in case the 4% carries over and the 2% does not.

So after spending 30 minutes acquiring atma (new characters), I started hitting things for a bit and got this;

A none-crit on a ranged attack.

I never got a none-crit on my main hand, but did manage 3 none-crits on ranged after about 5 minutes, so this will probably need tested later to figure out which slot isn't applying there, but it's kind of ruining what Im doing, so Im going to remove my ranged and neck and add 4% crit from augments to Taikogane and go back to hitting things.

------------EDIT-------------
After switching my Taikogane to 4% Crit chance augment, removing my happo shuriken and nefarious collar +1, I attacked things for about 50 minutes in abyssea and got off around 3000 attacks and they were all critical hits. So Im 99.9% certain Taikoganes crit chance does carry over to the main hand when offhanded, but I dont care enough about daken right now to try and figure out why I got none-crit ranged attacks.

Also it was originally STP because I wanted to see if the STP would carry over, and it does.
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2015-04-15 14:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

think the stp would pull more ahead on the sheets?
By Kaerin 2015-04-15 19:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mewgoat said: »
think the stp would pull more ahead on the sheets?

I'm sure there's extreme places where STP would be better, but most of the time, no.

Depending on what you mostly do, I'd go with accuracy or crit rate. Personally, I'm starting to lean towards accuracy, because if the accuracy isn't useful, do I really care about killing things 2%~3% faster? And I'm starting to think I always want to offhand Taikogane.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-04-15 19:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaerin said: »
Spread sheets make baby Jesus cry. Where's the math? Half the fun of this forum was trying to prove each other wrong all the time :( where's my austar!?
I don't play past 75 cap since it isn't as fun, so I don't care about any of the new equipment.
By Kaerin 2015-04-15 19:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I don't play past 75 cap since it isn't as fun, so I don't care about any of the new equipment.

But I miss you ; ;
Come tell me I'm wrong.

EDIT:
ItemSet 334700

This is what I've decided to claim as best (except the Katanas, those are just what I use and own, and what I will be using to compare)
ACC and ATT 18+, Crit Rate +3%, Weapon Skill Damage 3% on all Taeon Pieces.
WSD 5% on the cape (and no other stats, BC fffffkkkkkkkkk)
Crit Rate 4% and Occasionally attacks twice on Taikogane.

Coming soon! : Me buying a Yetshila, trying to determine what a better offhand weapon would be when I need more accuracy, and math as I compare random things! (but this is where I'm starting) I'll also get a different weapon when I figure out what I want. When I came back I made a Kikoku because it's easy and I always wanted one, I don't really care if it's good, I just wanted it.
By inkydo 2015-04-17 14:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

But I miss you ; ;
Come tell me I'm wrong.

EDIT:
ItemSet 334700

This is what I've decided to claim as best (except the Katanas, those are just what I use and own, and what I will be using to compare)
ACC and ATT 18+, Crit Rate +3%, Weapon Skill Damage 3% on all Taeon Pieces.
WSD 5% on the cape (and no other stats, BC fffffkkkkkkkkk)
Crit Rate 4% and Occasionally attacks twice on Taikogane.

Coming soon! : Me buying a Yetshila, trying to determine what a better offhand weapon would be when I need more accuracy, and math as I compare random things! (but this is where I'm starting) I'll also get a different weapon when I figure out what I want. When I came back I made a Kikoku because it's easy and I always wanted one, I don't really care if it's good, I just wanted it.

what were you going For with the pic of the sets you posted Kaerin? Also nice work btw very hard to get all that.
So are they Just weapon skill sets? I am just trying to understand the logic and Cost, and no i don't do math so dumb it down please lol >.>
By Kaerin 2015-04-18 21:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The picture in this thread was to show my base stats with the set on for reference. If you mean the picture of my taeon sets on my profile, it's to document my sets for myself.

For serious though. When augmenting sets, if you get crit damage 3 before wsd 3, keep the CD. I think I forgot to say that. Shits to expensive to care that much.

And if you mean why did I make the taeon sets... The crit rate set is for blade hi, the triple attack set is for tping in and blade metsu, kamu if I make a mythic, and thf when I eventually lvl it.

When the updates end if taaen is still best, I'll probably make an acc/att ta2 str/dex7 set for tping.
By Chyula 2015-04-18 23:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The picture in this thread was to show my base stats with the set on for reference. If you mean the picture of my taeon sets on my profile, it's to document my sets for myself.

For serious though. When augmenting sets, if you get crit damage 3 before wsd 3, keep the CD. I think I forgot to say that. Shits to expensive to care that much.

And if you mean why did I make the taeon sets... The crit rate set is for blade hi, the triple attack set is for tping in and blade metsu, kamu if I make a mythic, and thf when I eventually lvl it.

When the updates end if taaen is still best, I'll probably make an acc/att ta2 str/dex7 set for tping.

why str/dex7 for tping?, if you looking for max acc then you should want 10 dex single augment?.
By Kaerin 2015-04-19 01:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »

why str/dex7 for tping?, if you looking for max acc then you should want 10 dex single augment?.

Because 7 str is probably better than 3 dex. But really whichever I hit first is what I'd use. But I use acc and att over max acc too.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-19 01:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

With Nagi AM3 up, which set would I want up, Triple Attack or Crit Rate/DMG
By Kaerin 2015-04-19 01:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

With nagi and taikogane, I wouldn't be surprised if crit rate beat triple attack, unless the loss of ta made you miss self skill chains, since that's really the only way nagi is worth it at all, is if you're just spamming skillchains. I'm at work right now so I can't do any math, but I'd be happy to help you figure it out later if you want.

Edit; without taikogane ta will defiantly be better
 Odin.Colway
Server: Odin
user: colway
By Odin.Colway 2015-04-19 09:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It took me a minute, but I figured out how to hit 98% crit rate without counting taikogane.
Atma of the Razed Ruins (30%) Atma of the Gnarled Horn (20%)Atma of the Scorpion Queen (10%) Hattori Ningi +1 (6%), Nefarious Collar +1 (3%), Iga Dochapu (3%), Happo Shuriken (1%).

30+20+10+6+3+3+1=73
Add 20% for DEX and 5% for merits and you hit 98%, so if I get any none-crits I will know that Taikonganes 2% base doesn't apply.

Currently using STP+5 in case the 4% carries over and the 2% does not.

So after spending 30 minutes acquiring atma (new characters), I started hitting things for a bit and got this;

A none-crit on a ranged attack.

I never got a none-crit on my main hand, but did manage 3 none-crits on ranged after about 5 minutes, so this will probably need tested later to figure out which slot isn't applying there, but it's kind of ruining what Im doing, so Im going to remove my ranged and neck and add 4% crit from augments to Taikogane and go back to hitting things.

------------EDIT-------------
After switching my Taikogane to 4% Crit chance augment, removing my happo shuriken and nefarious collar +1, I attacked things for about 50 minutes in abyssea and got off around 3000 attacks and they were all critical hits. So Im 99.9% certain Taikoganes crit chance does carry over to the main hand when offhanded, but I dont care enough about daken right now to try and figure out why I got none-crit ranged attacks.

Also it was originally STP because I wanted to see if the STP would carry over, and it does.

This is just a random though on the ranged attacks that didn't crit, wouldn't this technically indicate that the crit rate in the weapon slots DO NOT apply to ranged? That's what I'm reading from this.
Also is the 4% crit rate augment applicable to main or nay, was it tested? I'm very curious because I keep changing back and fourth from dmg to rate. The evidence is pretty compelling to me that crit rate applies to main (non augemnt). how ever, due to the manner that i play nin, I'm inclined to to go with stp. Due to the fact i always have a BRD with me and capped haste i found (eyeballing) that in situations where i do not need much ACC that STP blows away TA augments and started using a lot of otronif peices (purely to skillchain, pretty much 100% of the time). i use a tancho +1 and taigogan.

Also baring the BiS sets posted. the augemnts for taeon set for TP'in in totally depend on the mob your poking. overall i found that ACC/ATT str/dex and TA are best. however in situations where the mob has low defence crit DMG pulled ahead of str/dex, same for the blade: hi set. the lower the defence the more the crit dmg augment was better (obviously switch TA for CR on WS) but since everyone these days loves having GEO's for events id say Crit DMG may be the better option. But id always say anyway: spreadsheets are a good way to look at gear overall, but you shouldnt be afraid to try different things that the sheet may say isnt best.

In party/alliance situations where i have enough haste, and ACC is a non issue, i can almost keep up with a koga sam on tp generation and therefor contribute to opening / closing skillchains, and btw hi -> fudo -> hi, can do some pretty SIC double dark dmg especially if the SAM uses his JA to buff the next SC. That's how i like to have fun and there's no way a spreadsheet is going to tell you your real DPS in party situations or any situation for that matter, so take results with a pinch of salt. (Also spreadsheets cant calculate Fun ^^).
I do understand that increasing STP in gear may drop your personal DPS but in party situations, the groups overall DPS is more important then your personal DPS, and when running with mages, being able to constantly create SC's for MB's will impact the party's whole DPS much more. that's just my 2 cents (as the american saying goes i believe ^^).
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-19 10:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You could still use the DPS sheets to measure whether or not the STP you're adding makes a difference in your hit build. It wouldn't be unheard of for the sheets to report lower DPS, yet still shave a hit off.

Still, if you're not shaving a hit off your avg rounds with STP+5 taikogane, or at least using it in a build that does so, then it's not helping much. Still, no doubt helping you ws faster though, so there is that.

It doesn't really matter now that there's Achiuchikapu though.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-04-19 11:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cuz STR/DEX+7 carries over into best WS aug for WS that are not Blade:Hi and also best DPS for TP as well. DEX+10 idea only offers 12 more acc if 5/5 over STR/DEX+7 but ya'll gimp your DPS significantly for both WS and TP sets.
99.99% possitive - Triple Attack. I can double check unless someone else does 1st.
By Kaerin 2015-04-19 16:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Colway said: »
After switching my Taikogane to 4% Crit chance augment, removing my happo shuriken and nefarious collar +1, I attacked things for about 50 minutes in abyssea and got off around 3000 attacks and they were all critical hits. So Im 99.9% certain Taikoganes crit chance does carry over to the main hand when offhanded

Also is the 4% crit rate augment applicable to main or nay, was it tested?
Also;
My Izuna is getting there! soon maybe... But Im going broke buying this stuff, time to go make some gil =[
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-19 16:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol i need to update this thread again, I need it to make it more simplistic like I've done for RNG and SAM. Issue with Ninja is that its not just Melee and WS sets ><.
  • I'm considering removing the critical set.

Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-19 16:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »

Cuz STR/DEX+7 carries over into best WS aug for WS that are not Blade:Hi and also best DPS for TP as well. DEX+10 idea only offers 12 more acc if 5/5 over STR/DEX+7 but ya'll gimp your DPS significantly for both WS and TP sets.
99.99% possitive - Triple Attack. I can double check unless someone else does 1st.

Thanks for the replies. I had read somewhere that with Mythic AM3 up, you want to drop multi-attack gear, so it wouldn't rob the weapon from proccing.
By Kaerin 2015-04-19 16:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »
Lol i need to update this thread again, I need it to make it more simplistic like I've done for RNG and SAM. Issue with Ninja is that its not just Melee and WS sets ><.
  • I'm considering removing the critical set.

Focus on sets for a different range of haste buffs and accuracy requirements.
Like "just haste 1" or "haste 2 and Ulmia marches" for when youre playing with trusts or "Max magical haste when you need 1k accuracy" That sort of stuff would be a lot more helpful.

Siren.Akson said: »

Thanks for the replies. I had read somewhere that with Mythic AM3 up, you want to drop multi-attack gear, so it wouldn't rob the weapon from proccing.

That's not true for dual wielding because the AM3 doesn't apply to your offhand. That's why I mentioned Taikogane specifically as maybe changing the answer between TA and CR
By fillerbunny9 2015-04-19 16:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

the other thing with Mythic aftermath that you need to consider, if a Triple Attack proc occurs, it's the same as getting an Occasionally Attacks Thrice proc, so it breaks even with the best your mythic can do for you, whereas a Double Attack proc "robs" you of your chance for Occasionally Attacks Thrice proc. since it seems that QA/TA/DA are calculated prior to Aftermath, that is why people stray from multi-attack gear when AM is up, because Double Attack is so common these days and "damages" your ~20% chance of a Triple Attack.
By Kaerin 2015-04-19 17:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A conversation in the warrior forum contained new information for me;
Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Voren said: »
Torcleaver is a 1 hit ws which, unless it's changed, has a higher acc bonus than multi-hit ws. On higher content where acc may be an issue, torcleaver may win out against reso, but if you manage to land all 5 hits of reso, torc is going to fall behind.

On the other side, being reso 5 hits, it has also 5 chances to proc multi attack, while a single hit ws just will have one chance.

When was it changed so that more than the first two hits of a WS could process extra attacks? Was this lumped into the WS rework they did awhile ago?

No it's still the first two hits get a dice roll on DA procs and only the first hit gets a roll for QA/TA. Single hit WS's only get one roll though and the proc doesn't get any fTP bonus's.

When dual wielding, does the offhand hit get QA and TA proc chances also? or still just the first hit? BC if that's true Ive been calculating windbuffet belt +1 during WS wrong since I came back.

Only the first hit gets a TA/QA proc roll, and first two hits get DA procs. If a QA or TA proc then no other MA can proc.

Back to fotia belt over windbuffet+1 for WS. Since with 20% WSD you're basically getting .12 ftp off it, and windbuffet+1 only gives like .1ftp apparently. (these are rough numbers, both values are actually slightly lower than advertised)
[+]
First Page 2 ... 16 17 18