New Ninja (what To Expect?)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » New Ninja (what to expect?)
New Ninja (what to expect?)
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2015-04-07 16:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
If only Innin/Yonin didn't degrade...

If only Innin/Yonin didn't require positioning yourself*

I didn't wanna be greedy. ;)
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-07 16:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Subpar? Did you update spreadsheet on MNK for Taeon and Impetus 119 emp body or parse any Koga vs Glanz lately? Koga is very beatable nowadays and tho I admit I'm mainly stuck on mage [geo/rdm/sch/blm] too often, NIN was right along side MNK on spreads. I'm talking 1500 Set DPS for both MNK and NIN while SAM was around 1100 with same exact buffs. Which should mean something even if you don't use or believe in spreadsheets. Acro didn't significantly boost 2handers, including SAM itself, as much as Taeon has done for 1handers. Until SE offers something beyond "Oh boy, you have found my THUNDER weakness! Please help me help you kill me!!" as it stands, the best DD in game as of atm is actually BLM. Which would be interesting to see how BLM would parse now vs older content like Delve.

The only thing that separates SAM and MNK dps from NIN is that they can flat out DD solo while NIN still heavily relies on other DD in pt to pull/hold hate so NIN can then utilize Innin /ja 30% crit rate boost. Other than that DPS is altered by other intangible variables making one DD > the other depending on target.
I think you are likely doing something wrong if you have Monk anywhere near Sam or Blu these days. Your DPS numbers are extremely low for what you usually get spreadsheeting, I'm not sure what buffs/targets you are using but generally speaking it takes a lot to get down into the 1100 DPS range. Using pretty normal buffs on the harder targets the spreadsheets allow (Tojil generally) you should see Koga Sam in the 2k+ range at least with Monk around the 1800 range with all the other subpar DPS. Taeon was just as much a buff to Blu as it was to Mnk and they also got Job Trait, CDC, and all sorts of cool stuff lately and they are far and beyond better than current Monk. Sam has better WSes, TP gain, SC ability, just about everything, in a game that is entirely based around WS and SC damage a job based on white damage does not do well. Monk isn't even in the top 5 of DDs even with Taeon.

You have to consider that Monk has barely been touched balance wise while most jobs have seen huge changes such as the Rudras buff, the addition of Daken, Gifts that absolutely break jobs (Blu), new spells, revamped abilities, ect. Just adding a new set of gear that benefited a large group of jobs doesn't do much compared to that.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-04-07 16:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Same buffs every job mnk, drk, sam, nin, run, drg using spreadsheets. Ain't low it's just updated with Taeon and I didn't update Acro which ain't nearly as useful for Mythics since DA defeats AM3 and also pretty possitive most WS pieces are also not Acro so it's just more STP.
Quote:
I think you are likely doing something wrong if you have Monk anywhere near Sam or Blu these days.
Wrong.
Quote:
Monk isn't even in the top 5 of DDs even with Taeon.
Again.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-07 16:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Same buffs every job mnk, drk, sam, nin, run, drg using spreadsheets. Ain't low it's just updated with Taeon and I didn't update Acro which ain't nearly as useful for Mythics since DA defeats AM3 and also pretty possitive most WS pieces are also not Acro so it's just more STP.
Acro is actually pretty huge for a lot of jobs that use it because of Store TP values and WSD. The reason I said it is low is that even 6+ months ago, maybe even a year ago, you had multiple jobs that could break the 2k value on spreadsheet DPS pretty easily. With all the new updates I just don't see how you are getting 1100 unless you are making custom mobs with insane eva/defense or not using proper buffs.

To put this in perspective my old Pre-Taeon spreadsheets for Thf DPS had Thf in dynamis settings, absolutely no magic haste or attack buffs, at nearly 1100 DPS. Throw in proper buffs and it was nearly 2300, 2600+ with mythic. This was of course before the Rudras nerf.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-04-07 16:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I used max buffs all jobs cept GEO which wasn't on all spreads. Other than that idk how 2k DPS range is possible. Acro boosted other 2handers towards SAM stp values but did very little for SAM itself in comparison who already had plenty STP equip.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-07 16:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I used max buffs all jobs cept GEO which wasn't on all spreads. Other than that idk how 2k DPS range is possible.
So you are using flawed spreadsheets, you can't just download and plug things in now that they have become so oudated. The current ones don't even have proper hit rate for 1 handers, changed fTP values, new spells, new JAs, most don't have Dunna or Barataria Ring for the buffs so they are almost half as effective as normal (or like you said don't have Geo at all). I can see how you would get Monk as a good DPS if you are using spreadsheets that haven't been updated since.......well Monk was a good DPS.