Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 110 111 112
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-10-22 14:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: Impulse Drive with Shining One, BGwiki job guide suggests using JSE neck (NQ/+1/+2) over Fotia regardless of pDif. Does that still hold up with the most recent job updates?

FWIW, I have no plans to get a R25 neck+2, as DRG is a lower priority job for me.
By SimonSes 2019-10-22 14:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Most recent update hasnt changed anything for gearing.
By Ozaii 2019-10-23 11:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Ozaii said: »
If you want a video i think ruaomoko has a video on neak solo as drg. I can share sets in a second.
It's now possible to wipe out Neak in a single mutli-step skillchain even without Hunter's Roll from Qultada, you do need at least R10 on Trishula for the Accuracy though.

YouTube Video Placeholder

(2:35)
Set it to 780 or 1080p HD so you can better see the damage in the log. Full screen will also help since it was recorded in a higher resolution. Mute the audio if you want.

ItemSet 343482

ItemSet 369257

This is amazing to see. I am glad its doable with these sort of sets i thought i was under acc myself still but since those sets work i guess i am way over acc required. And this looks as if it will push more damage as well. Also holy hell i did not realize the fighters drink being that crazy. Just searched it up and that +100 acc def is goanna make a difference.
By Ozaii 2019-10-24 00:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko the temps were a wonderful idea. Hitting greater numbers with the temp items on and am able to use different sets with less acc more ma/stp and such.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-10-26 10:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So I went back to update and could not find a reference.

Is there a restoring breath set that is build-able?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-26 10:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure I quite understand your question as it is phrased, but if you're just looking for current breath sets, the BGwiki DRG guide has up to date sets.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-10-26 12:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

For restoring breath ability. Would that be the the same set as healing breath. To restore HP to myself and pet.
By Ozaii 2019-10-26 14:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes however the healing your pet is only when you have up spirit bond and use the healing breath.
By Ozaii 2019-10-29 16:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone. Whats my best option for physical weapon skill damage on a staff. If I had to push blunt damage. What would be my best option.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-29 17:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

su2 or malignancy are the first two i think of. there is also the reisen drop one with double and triple attack cant recall the name
By valdeyn 2019-11-04 13:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
So I re-worked my spreadsheet to include the Critical Hit Rate bonus from Shining One and for the trait/bonus calculations to be correct on the info Veikur put together.

The results are interesting to say the least and are pending verification. I've scheduled some solo DD WoCs to test as closely as possible.

The real-world tests will be slightly skewed because of the -DT that WoC gets as the fight goes on, but should be within a 8% margin of error...

DRG/SAM
Mob: Warder of Courage
Vorseals: Max
Length: 3min
Cycle all Jumps?: Yes
Use Fly High?: No

Trishula - Stardiver @ 1,250 w/ TP Bonus 750
Avg DPS: 8,422.19

Ryunohige - Drakesbane @ 1,000
Avg DPS: 8,014.59
Differential: -4.8% from BiS

Rhongomiant - Camlann’s Torment @ 1,000
Avg DPS: 7,911.03
Differential: -6% from BiS

The Shining One - Impulse Drive @ 1,750 w/ TP Bonus 250
Avg DPS: 7,419.68
Differential: -11.9% from BiS

Gungnir - Geirskogul @ 1,000
Avg DPS: 7,399.01
Differential: -12.1% from BiS

Interesting Observation: Using Stardiver instead of the augmented weapon skill seemingly results in very little change / sometimes worse DPS. I.E. Spamming Stardiver with Rhongomiant isn’t going to be better than Camlann’s Torment @ R15.
@ R0, every weapon performs best while spamming Stardiver after activating any relevant aftermath.

Second Interesting Observation: @ R0, Rhongomiant is putting in work and is right on Trishula's ***.

would you or anyone else be able to share an updated dps spreadsheet with some of the latest drg changes?
 Asura.Airoh
Server: Asura
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2019-11-05 21:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, coming back to the game for nostalgia sake. How is Ryunohige for drg nowadays? It's something I never accomplished back in the day and would like to jump in and finish it. Is it still a viable weapon vs trish?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-05 21:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

it's competitive in most scenarios, but in general trish is still the best.
[+]
By Ozaii 2019-11-11 09:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Exalted staff is a fine source of blunt damage for drg. But which will wind up pushing more damage for moves like retribution. Rhe malignant pole or the exalted staff? Both seem nice but does the flat stat boost malignance offer beat the wsd +3 on exalted? If anyone knows the answer.
By Spaitin 2019-11-11 12:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

no guarantee. but just eyeballing it, malignance staff should win with that extra 17 base damage.

the 15 strength is like 4.5 dmg.

On retribution it seems to be 12-13 base dmg vs 3 wsd. I would go with malignance for sure. More acc and defensive stats on malignance pole as well.

Gonna be a small difference, but malignance probably wins in all scenario.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-11 13:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Airoh said: »
Hi, coming back to the game for nostalgia sake. How is Ryunohige for drg nowadays? It's something I never accomplished back in the day and would like to jump in and finish it. Is it still a viable weapon vs trish?

It's competitive but Trish usually wins. Of course Ryunohige is a better lockstyle piece, so you should definitely build it!

Another point towards Ryunohige, and this is just my opinion, but the mythic weapon playstyle on dragoon is very fun. It's similar to how it was on mythic SAM back in the day, you can instantly have 3k TP when you need it, so AM3 maintenance is a non-issue.
[+]
By Foxfire 2019-11-11 13:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
su2 or malignancy are the first two i think of. there is also the reisen drop one with double and triple attack cant recall the name
gozuki mezuki
By Ozaii 2019-11-14 14:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any tricks for being able to deal ranged damage at all. For like caturea bubbles and such. Or are we not able to deal range damage?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-11-14 15:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The only ranged type DMG DRG is capable of dealing would be... throwing pebbles at the mob. *plick* *plick* maybe we can annoy them to death. There are some various all jobs throwing weapons. But DRG has 0 Throwing skill. I think there was also a /BLU spell that counted as ranged dmg and did absolutely crap dmg... I forget the name.

Probably better off calling a ranged trust.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-11-14 15:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, it's not ranged DMG but the add effect on ptero slaver mail+2/3 is a type of breath dmg, so that could help with Some types of caturae shields. But won't help if the shield in question specifically requires ranged dmg.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-11-14 17:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Airoh said: »

Since all Trishula costs is time, make Ryu as well – you won't regret it. I have both rank 15 and use my Ryu for anything where I have capped attack, or lower tier content like ambuscade and omen.

Should be as good or better than Trishula with capped attack and no fighter's roll. While this doesn't happen often.. it does happen.

Changes, buffs, and additional gear come out all the time – so who knows what it will be like in the future. If Empyrean +3 armor comes out and it's similar to what it used to be, Ryu should see a big boost again.

That being said.. if there is another job that you want to gear and their best weapon costs money, spend it there first. Trishula is the overall king of polearms for DRG right now. (if only by a little)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-11-14 18:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Trish gets kinda ridiculous whenever you can self SC uninterrupted though.

Stardiver>Stardiver into Darkness. And SD>Sonic>SD>SD into darkness then Umbra is really powerful. While Ryu can still do SD>Sonic>SD for darkness, it can't add the extra SD for umbra.

That said there are downsides to this. The self SC on stardiver spam can be a pain on things like Kin, where you don't want to SC a lot of the time due to absorption.
By Ozaii 2019-11-14 23:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That is unfortunate that we have no ranged weapons. I know drg never really did use range in any of the ff games but would be cool if we could get like a weak gun referencing irl dragoons.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-11-14 23:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as we can get the TP Bonus gun, I'm all for it.
By Ozaii 2019-11-14 23:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be broke as heck. Tp bonus over flow to the max! 1250 stardivers as if they were 3k. Could we impulse at 3k non stop then?
By Ozaii 2019-11-14 23:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

More important. If we could use that gun would using stardiver or impulse win out with trishula. And then if we consider shining one impulse vs trish stardiver both going at 1250 tp tops. Which wins? A 3k impulse without the shining one bonus or a 2500 with shining one bonus?
 Phoenix.Luxxord
Server: Phoenix
user: luxxord
By Phoenix.Luxxord 2019-11-25 01:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone crunched the numbers to figure out where we could put Quadruple attack augmented pieces into the BIS TP/Stardiver sets to improve them further? Also is there a cap to QA? I've been able to pick up QA +3 on the valorous helmet, hands, and legs
By SimonSes 2019-11-25 02:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Luxxord said: »
Also is there a cap to QA?

On gear or total?
On gear from DM augment it's 3%
Total is most likely 100%, tho none will confirm that, but there is 0 reasons to think it's different than DA.
By Ozaii 2019-11-25 18:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Luxxord said: »
Has anyone crunched the numbers to figure out where we could put Quadruple attack augmented pieces into the BIS TP/Stardiver sets to improve them further? Also is there a cap to QA? I've been able to pick up QA +3 on the valorous helmet, hands, and legs

I would think if you can body and legs with qa +3 and str acc and atk at proper levels would be the best spot to put that in at.
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2019-11-26 08:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello there,
Thinking to start gearing my DRG, was checking the BG guide for the gearset, tp and acc set seems not capped haste, can someone share his tp set, and which is the best rema for DRG?
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 110 111 112