Break WS
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-06-12 14:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just recently back into Warrior after a long hideous:

Do the additional affects from Shield break, Armor Break, Full Break actually land on anything worthwhile?
I haven't seen any WARs using and am assuming that the macc from these are broken for current content, but thought I would inquire.
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-06-12 14:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

should just wait till next week when the WS update comes in, w/e is broken now might be fixed then.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-06-12 15:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Warrior would kill if these worked again. Here's hoping.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-12 15:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Warrior would kill if these worked again. Here's hoping.

They have listed magic accuracy changes on their list of WS, and I don't see the breaks, MT, or Ageha on the list. Safe to assume if they didn't want them broken, they would have them on that list.
 Phoenix.Cliamain
Server: Phoenix
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2014-06-12 15:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've been seeing from the DRK's and WAR's in my ls they seem to work just fine and have a pretty potent effect on the mobs attack (Infernal Scythe) and defense (Shield break and other war weapons skills).

Their not being on the list must mean that they are working the way they are intended to work.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-06-12 19:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrmm I'm going to have to test this out. If people have been inviting DRG to delves for -25% angon for 50% of the time when they could have had war doing -25% down (armor break), 100% of the time; the whole population of ffxi has been failing pretty hard.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-12 19:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ageha already works just fine on Delve 1 NMs at least (excluding bosses). Don't think I've gotten it to land on any Delve 2 NMs; would be neat to see if WAR could.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-13 21:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Hrmm I'm going to have to test this out. If people have been inviting DRG to delves for -25% angon for 50% of the time when they could have had war doing -25% down (armor break), 100% of the time; the whole population of ffxi has been failing pretty hard.

The Break WS's work just fine. Each effect is checked against a different element and can be fully resisted. Melee's don't usually WS in magic accuracy so there is a good chance it'll be resisted on a high level target, while Agnon can't be resisted.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-06-13 21:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. Its defense down has the same problem as a lot of the other sources of defense down. I can't even land it on the EP-- rabbits in Abyssea - La Theine with MAcc atmas on.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2014-06-13 22:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda interesting, because I've had little issue landing Shockwave sleep on lots of things. Did they fix everything but the defense-down WSes?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-14 00:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Kinda interesting, because I've had little issue landing Shockwave sleep on lots of things. Did they fix everything but the defense-down WSes?

Possibly. I love shock wave, I can sleep hordes of monsters now. The evasion down and attack down components on Full Break always seems to land. So it may very well be some glitch with the defense down component of Armor Break / Full Break though the Defense Down from Typhoon and BilgeStorm have no problems landing.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-14 01:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok just tested Armor Break on RUN vs mobs in Circus caverns. Armor break landed frequently and generally lasted the full duration. I was using the 117 Eminent Great Axe for the testing.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-06-14 01:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Possibly. I love shock wave, I can sleep hordes of monsters now. The evasion down and attack down components on Full Break always seems to land. So it may very well be some glitch with the defense down component of Armor Break / Full Break though the Defense Down from Typhoon and BilgeStorm have no problems landing.
Kinda related, is there a general rule for which Def Down effects stack with others, and which don't? Or do you have to test for everything individually? For example, does Benthic Typhoon stack with Bligestorm?

Also, what's the cap on Def Down?
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-14 01:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Ageha already works just fine on Delve 1 NMs at least (excluding bosses). Don't think I've gotten it to land on any Delve 2 NMs; would be neat to see if WAR could.

Might have been that 5% proc rate but we landed it on T2 yorcia once and it was mad fun lol
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-14 13:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Kinda related, is there a general rule for which Def Down effects stack with others, and which don't? Or do you have to test for everything individually? For example, does Benthic Typhoon stack with Bligestorm?

Also, what's the cap on Def Down?

Defense down is it's own debuff slot but it's shared across many debuffs. Acid Bolts, BT, BS, Angon, Gugnir's Add effect, Armor Break and Ageha all apply the same debuff and don't stack. Dia is it's own separate category as are daze effects. Dia can go to 20% with light shots, Daze goes to 13%, and Angon is 25% defense down. The reason we use angon over the rest is that it's unresistable and lasts full duration.
[+]