Soooooo Why People Job Coach??

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Kujata » soooooo why people job coach??
soooooo why people job coach??
First Page 2 3 4
 Kujata.Cyberninja
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
By Kujata.Cyberninja 2009-08-03 12:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

what has happened to the game? Nowdays people would rather sit and tell you how to do job then focus on having fun and doing there own damn job. I get it if someone are doing stupid stuff pulling multiple links time after time,not curing and whole pt dies, nuking too much pulling hate dying etc where they are messing up party flow or xp/hr and just doing dumb stuff yes they need advice on how not to mess up there and everyones xp but jesus this is crazy!
So I had a pt the other day on my WHM with a blu brd pld drk and a war. I take my xtra char out to do haste rotation and cure while I rest we go good for over 30min then all of a sudden the dark wants to start complaining they want haste. Unknown to me at the time the drk pld and war are all is same shell so it makes since later when they wanna sit there and triple team me.Fighting eruca yes slow is a pain but so is incinerate I'm doing barfira auspice curing the drk after souleater (NO they didn't turn it off after ws) and since the drk is TA the pld yes they got hit with incinerate from time to time and slowed. PLD says well stop hasting me and just haste the drk then. Now I have nothing against taru PLDS but..Waiting till hp is close or under half to cure yourself when mob doing a move like incinerate is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Especially when you keep going close to dying when it lands.WE were getting more than decent xp with no rests no stops so I don't see what the hell the problem was the drk wasn't stunning rarely using absorb spells didn't see too many drains after hit with incinerate but did I sit there and tell them what to do NO.
I just laughed at how stupid they were to my self..

With 2 chars out there healing I still run low on MP. So I rest with main while extra heals pt so i can recoup MP there is no way in hell we woulda did as well as we did with any whm out there alone so why can't people just be happy with what they get. So instead I'm called emo for saying I didn't have mp at the time and pld needs more than drk then of course it goes to what gimpy gear cause my main whm has electrum earrings and egg ammo while my extra char whm 75 has ether serket hedgehog bomb for ammo but yet omg my main didn't have serket... no wonder you suck omg nooo not an mp egg in ammo slot nooo. People need to focus more on being a party and thinking of the party rather than there damn e-peen ohh noez I'm falling behind on my parser. If you get a party and things are going good STFU!! enjoy the pt enjoy the XP
if people dying, getting others killed or ask then by all means say something give advice but omg that is crazy to dog someone else out because 1 pt member isn't getting haste. If you were in this party you are free to leave your 2 cents you know who u are but bottom line is there are different perspectives to each side my job as whm is to keep tank alive keep pt members cured, barspell like i did, auspice, and manage my damn MP so we can keep chaining not use all before we hit chain3 IF you can't understand that then you should go play WOW or some other game. PLD job is to keep mob on him as much as he can cure himself and manage mp see a trend here? MP management is key I'm sure alot of you have pt with plds who cure themselves more than needed and then is outta mp or doesn't cure themselves often enough and becomes an MP sponge bottom line is you need to work together to maximize xp/hr
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-03 12:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

wall o text

people coach to pass on their biased knowledge of a job to a gullible, easily impressed mind.
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-08-03 12:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyberninja said:
what has happened to the game? Nowdays people would rather sit and tell you how to do job then focus on having fun and doing there own damn job. I get it if someone are doing stupid stuff pulling multiple links time after time,not curing and whole pt dies, nuking too much pulling hate dying etc where they are messing up party flow or xp/hr and just doing dumb stuff yes they need advice on how not to mess up there and everyones xp but jesus this is crazy!
So I had a pt the other day on my WHM with a blu brd pld drk and a war. I take my xtra char out to do haste rotation and cure while I rest we go good for over 30min then all of a sudden the dark wants to start complaining they want haste. Unknown to me at the time the drk pld and war are all is same shell so it makes since later when they wanna sit there and triple team me.Fighting eruca yes slow is a pain but so is incinerate I'm doing barfira auspice curing the drk after souleater (NO they didn't turn it off after ws) and since the drk is TA the pld yes they got hit with incinerate from time to time and slowed. PLD says well stop hasting me and just haste the drk then. Now I have nothing against taru PLDS but..Waiting till hp is close or under half to cure yourself when mob doing a move like incinerate is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Especially when you keep going close to dying when it lands.WE were getting more than decent xp with no rests no stops so I don't see what the hell the problem was the drk wasn't stunning rarely using absorb spells didn't see too many drains after hit with incinerate but did I sit there and tell them what to do NO.
I just laughed at how stupid they were to my self..

With 2 chars out there healing I still run low on MP. So I rest with main while extra heals pt so i can recoup MP there is no way in hell we woulda did as well as we did with any whm out there alone so why can't people just be happy with what they get. So instead I'm called emo for saying I didn't have mp at the time and pld needs more than drk then of course it goes to what gimpy gear cause my main whm has electrum earrings and egg ammo while my extra char whm 75 has ether serket hedgehog bomb for ammo but yet omg my main didn't have serket... no wonder you suck omg nooo not an mp egg in ammo slot nooo. People need to focus more on being a party and thinking of the party rather than there damn e-peen ohh noez I'm falling behind on my parser. If you get a party and things are going good STFU!! enjoy the pt enjoy the XP
if people dying, getting others killed or ask then by all means say something give advice but omg that is crazy to dog someone else out because 1 pt member isn't getting haste. If you were in this party you are free to leave your 2 cents you know who u are but bottom line is there are different perspectives to each side my job as whm is to keep tank alive keep pt members cured, barspell like i did, auspice, and manage my damn MP so we can keep chaining not use all before we hit chain3 IF you can't understand that then you should go play WOW or some other game. PLD job is to keep mob on him as much as he can cure himself and manage mp see a trend here? MP management is key I'm sure alot of you have pt with plds who cure themselves more than needed and then is outta mp or doesn't cure themselves often enough and becomes an MP sponge bottom line is you need to work together to maximize xp/hr

Life Lesson 1: Some people, if not most, are ***, and will continue to be no matter how much YOU *** about it.

Life Lesson 2: No one wants to hear you ***
[+]
 Kujata.Cyberninja
By Kujata.Cyberninja 2009-08-03 12:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes wall of text but like anyone else has something to do during server downtime lol... yes ok nobody wants to hear me *** ok but take out this exact situation still forgot that incident still the original post was meant to be what happened to the game not a wall of text but hey i had to get that off my chest. So sorry for wasting your time
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-08-03 12:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

that sounds like a poor party tbh, each of those jobs, except the war maybe are easily self suffient. if that had been me, i'd of just replaced them.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-03 12:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr.

I coach to an extend.

For example, I tell THFs who make a SATA-WS macro to set it up like so

Quote:
/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Weapon skill" <t>

The TA animation isn't as harsh as the SA one, so the macro runs smoother and goes off a little quicker (or at least it seems like it to me).
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-08-03 12:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
tl;dr.

I coach to an extend.

Quote:
/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Weapon skill" <t>

The TA animation isn't as harsh as the SA one, so the macro runs smoother and goes off a little quicker (or at least it seems like it to me).

processing speed is the same no matter how long it looks to you
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-03 12:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SA animation looks a bit longer than TA.
[+]
 Odin.Kraytos
Server: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2009-08-03 12:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

didn't feel like reading that huge wall of text but if people are telling you how to do your job just take it as advice. sometimes they are wrong sometimes they are right, just like real life. if they are being rude about it, just ignore the rudeness and try to focus on what they are saying, it might make you a better player
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-08-03 12:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kraytos said:
didn't feel like reading that huge wall of text but if people are telling you how to do your job just take it as advice. sometimes they are wrong sometimes they are right, just like real life. if they are being rude about it, just ignore the rudeness and try to focus on what they are saying, it might make you a better player

just dont give a ***. its a game! AHYAAASHHSFADFJFDJHAA
 Kujata.Cyberninja
By Kujata.Cyberninja 2009-08-03 13:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah your right Houshisama its just annoying sometimes when people wanna sit and lie on your or put you down to make themselves feel superior I just think its kinda a shame how now xp/hr is the only thing people go by hell yeah I love a good pt and enjoy great xp/hr also but every party trying to pull like a meritpo or going balls to the wall 24/7 just seems like alot has changed in the last year as far as party/game dynamics. Don't matter how you get there just get there?
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-08-03 13:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyberninja said:
yeah your right Houshisama its just annoying sometimes when people wanna sit and lie on your or put you down to make themselves feel superior I just think its kinda a shame how now xp/hr is the only thing people go by hell yeah I love a good pt and enjoy great xp/hr also but every party trying to pull like a meritpo or going balls to the wall 24/7 just seems like alot has changed in the last year as far as party/game dynamics. Don't matter how you get there just get there?

actually i said that in hopes to piss someone off. because personally its not just a game. its more like work. serious business. to most people. when youve spent SOOOOO much time invested its not really fun to *** around and have other people ruin your time. progress is fun.

then other people REALLY dont care and just want to have fun.

but to me. progress is fun. and if you *** up my fun..... ill kill you.
[+]
 Titan.Verdell
Server: Titan
user: Ardalus
By Titan.Verdell 2009-08-03 13:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

People love having that tiny taste of authority because they must compensate for a smaller problem in their life.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-03 13:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

my toilet teaches my poop where it needs to go
[+]
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-08-03 13:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the selfish player who thinks there job is priority over others. They think they Know more because they are rank 10 and done a couple sky events.
Just ignore the A holes, if ur leader then kick them or leave.
I get verbal and drop the F bomb a few times and attempt to make them look dumb to everyone else. w/e
Just have fun and avoid the *** and absorb advice from friendly veterans.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-03 13:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
Excesspain said:
tl;dr.

I coach to an extend.

Quote:
/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Weapon skill" <t>

If you have THF leveled to at least 30, try it. I know I am not the only one who says it feels faster then SA-TA-WS
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-03 13:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to be happy and more than willing to help others and give advice without hesitation and with arms wide open. However, more often than not, everyone gets uppity and bitchy when you give friendly suggestions or advice on how to do better. This usually shys me away from even bothering anymore.

"Hey, you should try getting some acc rings sometime and save those STR rings for your weapon skill, that way you won't miss so much and get TP alot faster for more damage ^^"

"*** YOU! DON'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY MY JOB!! ARRRRRGGHHHHH /RAGE"

"....."
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-03 13:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

"I HAVE RANK 10 AND I PLAY IN THE SKY, I HAVE 15 PIECES OF GEAR YOU'LL NEVER SEE..IMBETTERTHANYOUANDMYE-PENISISBIGGERTHANYOURS!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-03 13:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Houshisama said:
Excesspain said:
tl;dr.

I coach to an extend.

Quote:
/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Weapon skill" <t>

If you have THF leveled to at least 30, try it. I know I am not the only one who says it feels faster then SA-TA-WS

yea i actually have seperate TA and SA macros, and seperate WS macros, SA and TA are on Ctrl and WS are on Alt, so i just hit them all, lets you control it more and ive never *** up
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-08-03 13:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Houshisama said:
Excesspain said:
tl;dr.

I coach to an extend.

Quote:
/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Weapon skill" <t>

thf75. if you looked. and no. i dont notice a difference. because there is none. it just looks different. big woop.

the macros have the same result
[+]
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-08-03 13:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
Excesspain said:
Houshisama said:
Excesspain said:
tl;dr.

I coach to an extend.

Quote:
/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Weapon skill" <t>

thf75. if you looked. and no. i dont notice a difference. because there is none. it just looks different. big woop.

the macros have the same result

I agree there is no difference. however i never ever SATA anymore. Assasin do you need it?
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2009-08-03 13:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

First off as a general rule of thumb I don't xp with drk unless I know that they're competent players. Drk tend to be emo brainless hate magnets who q.q in almost every situation. You were right not to haste the drk if mp was tight... erase should have been good enough. I also wonder why the drk was doing TA at leisure instead of waiting for a mob TP move to go off before using TA. Also you mention you have a blu, why wasn't the blu helping you to cure when mp was tight? Overall it sounds like you had a pretty crappy party, especially the taru pld bit on a mob known for having tp moves that do more damage than max taru hp. (The only thing that might be worse would be a taru nin :P )
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-08-03 13:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoshiku said:
First off as a general rule of thumb I don't xp with drk unless I know that they're competent players. Drk tend to be emo brainless hate magnets who q.q in almost every situation. You were right not to haste the drk if mp was tight... erase should have been good enough. I also wonder why the drk was doing TA at leisure instead of waiting for a mob TP move to go off before using TA. Also you mention you have a blu, why wasn't the blu helping you to cure when mp was tight? Overall it sounds like you had a pretty crappy party, especially the taru pld bit on a mob known for having tp moves that do more damage than max taru hp. (The only thing that might be worse would be a taru nin :P )

<--- 75drk.. I agree a shitty DRK can ruin a pty experience. This job takes more skill to play than people realize. Managing to avoid and manage hate can be a task but can be done. I always give DRKs a shot in pty, when they open with a WS i immediatly bring to there attention that is a nono.
I am Elvaan so i focus mainly on ACC first and foremost. That way i can hit consistantly without pissing the mob off or the healer.
Save all ur unleashed hell for the endof a fight and learn how to steal agro when a fragile pty member isin trouble.
Parties appreciate an unselfish DRK
[+]
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-08-03 13:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

But i agree the DRKs action in the writers text is inexcusable. When u have a high level DRK it is easy to get pissed off at what other DRKs do wrong that hurts the party experience.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-08-03 13:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Far as Haste on DRK. A pattern i have learned is that once a healer recognizes that it is safe and I am being efficient and smart. I will start getting haste cast on me.
The support buffs are earned by DRKs not freely given at times
 Kujata.Cyberninja
By Kujata.Cyberninja 2009-08-03 13:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I have come to the conclusion majority of drks are asshats that just worry about e-peen damage and not the effect or drawbacks to there actions but most at least stun absorb and use magic yeah I was probably slowga on the erase but with everything going on drk only got slowed while behind pld for t/a so it wasn't like they were slowed 24x7 I'm guessing the drk would reply they weren't waiting for tp move cause that would slow down xp lol...
Juggling all that I'm sure I could/should have tossed more erase to the drk but was kinda busy focusing on the pld who was main concern keeping alive not to mention after the emo haste me crys kinda hard to pay attention to them at all.Dunno if incinerate is too fast to stun or not but eruca's a pain anyway now that I think about it I wonder if brd was doing haste song or accur and attack songs.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-08-03 13:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree Dark Magic is essential for DRKs. My Dark is skilled at 230 and i dont have a BLM job to accomodate it.
Trust me, when ur DRK magic is high it really pays off at higher levels.
Drain 2 on Campaign mobs for 230hp is really nice
 Kujata.Cyberninja
By Kujata.Cyberninja 2009-08-03 13:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

exactly Aravol we weren't there a loong time I'd say maybe 2-3 chains If I had mp oozing hell why not but when I saw my mp where it was there is no way I would choose to add someone else to haste cycle and then tell them to wait because I didn't have enough mp or just not say anything then not have enough mp when pld and drk got hit with incinerate or when drk souleater'd
but hey I guess that would teach them to stop doing it Like I told my friend vass on our server no all drks aren't idiots but a majority wanna just do epeen damage then talk about how crappy the tank is for not holding hate or lol pull hate then stun drain ws and cry get it off me...
 Hades.Savlian
Server: Hades
user: Savlian
By Hades.Savlian 2009-08-03 13:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Try this guy's method : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS5xOZ7Rq8&translated=1
[+]
 Fairy.Ignignot
Server: Fairy
user: ignignot
By Fairy.Ignignot 2009-08-03 14:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I take things like that as advice typically, but like in RL its HOW ppl say it to you. If they're being crotch goblins about it i use the tried and true stand up comic retort to hecklers:

"Hey, I dont come to your job and slap the *** out of your mouth"!!!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4