Dyna - Tav, Why Is It So Hard To /search First?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dyna - Tav, why is it so hard to /search first?
Dyna - Tav, why is it so hard to /search first?
First Page 2
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Otsego 2014-02-15 23:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure if this has been said anywhere in the forums, and I am not usually one to complain about something of this nature, but it has been happening for far too long.
More often than not when it comes to Dynamis - Tavnazia, I have been noticing a trend on Sylph at least, that there are a bunch of ignorant people who do not have the common curtsey to search the zone before they pop in for "exp trials", or to step on someone else's toes while they want to farm the zone. I realize the zone is small, and it really only supports 1 player if you are there for JA farming, which I am every time I go, or a duo if you choose to run that way. I also realize that people are on time limits as to when they can do dynamis, as it does take 2 hours, and all of the other stuff that goes with dynamis. What I do not get is why people are so ignorant that they think camping on top of a THF upstairs is somehow going to help them get more currency, or not aggrivate the player that was in the zone first. I would not be ranting about this if people just had the common curtsey to just send a tell to the person in the zone, and ask how much time they have left. I do this all the time, because I do not wish to screw anyone out of currecny, and I feel that if I am willing to do this, so should other people. Is this just a Sylph thing, or does this stuff happen on other servers, because I am really curious about this. Also open to opinions on this, and criticism about it too, because I want to know if it would be ignorant of me to go into a zone and hold all the JA proc mobs on sch for 20 min, for the full 2 hours, to someone that has done this stuff to me before.

Thoughts/Opinions GO!
By Jurant 2014-02-15 23:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Holding them wouldnt work if you can not keep them all claimed.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-02-15 23:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

To put it quite simply, it's not your zone.
You are no better than anyone else that wants to do dynamis, regardless of whether or not you happened to be there first. You don't get a zone for 2 hours because you feel you should for whatever reason.

If ANYTHING, YOU should leave. People continually go there for exp trials, meanwhile you go for currency. There are plenty of zones that drop currency (ie. all) and only a few that people can do specific trials in.

People only have certain times where they can play a game, and don't want to wait two whole hours just because one person feels he is better than the rest of the server just because he happened to zone in first.

Maybe you should check the definition for "ignorant" again. While you're at it, try searching the definition for "arrogant" too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2014-02-15 23:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm agreeing on xenhas on this one you can't limit the zone to just fit your needs. There are other dreamland zones you could do for currency. How you said about people sending a tell before entering why would they, if I were to just see one person in the zone I wouldn't hesitate to enter. There are more then enough mobs.
By volkom 2014-02-16 00:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
"ignorant" "arrogant"
no reason to be a douche about it~

Anywho~still doesn't change the fact that its an incredibly small zone. Having someone do a /search and message the people that are inside with something like "hey how much longer are you in for, or asking what floor they're focusing" would help alleviate many of the problems. No one likes people overcamping them in anything ingame or irl. Just being courteous to others goes a long way.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-02-16 00:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »
There are more then enough mobs.
If you stay away from clusters and leeches, sure. 2 people on top floor, though? No.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-02-16 00:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had so many people camping on me in the past, and no matter what you want to say it's just plain silly. Sometimes, I've gotten half the amount of currency as normal when people are camping on me, and considering I generally kill faster than most people they can't be doing any better than me. Why would you intentionally gimp your gil reward unless for some other reason you absolutely can't go at another time or do another zone? I know I at least /sea the zone first and wait till later if I see names I recognize that usually camp in my areas.

I haven't even stepped foot in Dyna-Tav outside doing bosses in ages, even before SoA if another party/person came in you were pretty much ***. Also started intentionally going to crappy mobs that people usually don't fight just to avoid competition.

They need to make WS and Magic procs more viable so not everyone is cluster-*** to ja mobs :(
[+]
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-02-16 00:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't make much sense for someone to camp on top of another person/group and limit their coin. It's pretty rude to camp on someone as well, especially when that person cannot move to another area to farm, as is the case with Dynamis.

At least it's not usually BST now. Worthless Job.
[+]
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2014-02-16 00:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually ask anyone inside before going in. I don't usually have an issue on Bismarck with it.

I don't enjoy camping on other people but Xenhas is sorta right. They have just as much right being in there as you do even if they're going to be a total *** about it and camp over you :/

Hell, I only started going in there because there were other players that would camp over me in Buburimu / Qufim and send abusive /tells like "F**k off this is my zone"

Fenrir.Acey said: »
There are more then enough mobs.

Please tell me you're kidding right?

There is no point going in there with someone else inside. Granted, they're demons and other mobs but anything "Easy Prey" to a 99 player especially with item level weapons will destroy all of the low level mobs inside (Bees, Makara , Tauri)

I'm pretty sure they're people like me that hate having to turn around because you can't proc a Easy Prey mob but end up taking 90% of it's HP down too quickly.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-02-16 00:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Only move I consider being dickish is to steal staggered mobs, aside from that it's fair game.

Grow up, go where you want.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-02-16 00:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
I don't usually have an issue on Bismarck with it.
Yeah, from my experience Bismarck is pretty good about asking those in zone how much time they have left instead of camping on top.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2014-02-16 00:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Only move I consider being dickish is to steal staggered mobs, aside from that it's fair game.

If it's not purple, open season :3
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-02-16 00:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
Jetackuu said: »

If it's not purple, open season :3
If it's all white, it's alright. (unless you consider that yellow, depends).

But it just doesn't work without the comedic reference.

Honestly today was the first time I've had trouble with other people in weeks, one dude got really pissed at me because I was dual boxing and killing the easy prey...

I'm like hey, the one's on follow, suck it, but I just ignored the guy.

On another note: I'd personally say this thread resembles a lot like a player warning thread, even though no names are mentioned, I don't see any good coming of it.
[+]
By volkom 2014-02-16 01:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

well if you're on thief, and someone is overcamping you. just pull a bunch of sight aggro mobs, cfh them all and use hide >:D
[+]
 wup
By wup 2014-02-16 01:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I had someone come at me in /tell rude and vulgar pretty much as soon as I entered tav. I do search and avoid anything more than 1 other player. Courteousness goes both ways, if you are rude I will not go out of my way budge. If you ask politely, sure np. Good luck with the rude though.
By Jetackuu 2014-02-16 01:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
well if you're on thief, and someone is overcamping you. just pull a bunch of sight aggro mobs, cfh them all and use hide >:D
pretty sure that can land your *** in jail right quick, I've gotten thrown in/others thrown in for less.

wup said: »
I had someone come at me in /tell rude and vulgar pretty much as soon as I entered tav. I do search and avoid anything more than 1 other player. Courteousness goes both ways, if you are rude I will not go out of my way budge. If you ask politely, sure np. Good luck with the rude though.

I'm not telling people to be blatantly rude, but there's nothing "rude" about killing unclaimed mobs that nobody's touching, regardless if somebody else is in that area.

If you want to perceive it as such that's your prerogative, but good luck convincing everyone else to agree.

Interestingly enough I just had a pick up group applaud several people for asking before armor lots while doing a clear...
By Pantafernando 2014-02-16 02:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Otsego said: »
I am not sure if this has been said anywhere in the forums, and I am not usually one to complain about something of this nature, but it has been happening for far too long.
More often than not when it comes to Dynamis - Tavnazia, I have been noticing a trend on Sylph at least, that there are a bunch of ignorant people who do not have the common curtsey to search the zone before they pop in for "exp trials", or to step on someone else's toes while they want to farm the zone. I realize the zone is small, and it really only supports 1 player if you are there for JA farming, which I am every time I go, or a duo if you choose to run that way. I also realize that people are on time limits as to when they can do dynamis, as it does take 2 hours, and all of the other stuff that goes with dynamis. What I do not get is why people are so ignorant that they think camping on top of a THF upstairs is somehow going to help them get more currency, or not aggrivate the player that was in the zone first. I would not be ranting about this if people just had the common curtsey to just send a tell to the person in the zone, and ask how much time they have left. I do this all the time, because I do not wish to screw anyone out of currecny, and I feel that if I am willing to do this, so should other people. Is this just a Sylph thing, or does this stuff happen on other servers, because I am really curious about this. Also open to opinions on this, and criticism about it too, because I want to know if it would be ignorant of me to go into a zone and hold all the JA proc mobs on sch for 20 min, for the full 2 hours, to someone that has done this stuff to me before.

Thoughts/Opinions GO!

Well, if this bother you, dont even think about camping vnm for souls. Im afraid that can force you to quit the game.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Duvelamilla
By Fenrir.Duvelamilla 2014-04-28 18:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
To put it quite simply, it's not your zone.
You are no better than anyone else that wants to do dynamis, regardless of whether or not you happened to be there first. You don't get a zone for 2 hours because you feel you should for whatever reason.

If ANYTHING, YOU should leave. People continually go there for exp trials, meanwhile you go for currency. There are plenty of zones that drop currency (ie. all) and only a few that people can do specific trials in.

People only have certain times where they can play a game, and don't want to wait two whole hours just because one person feels he is better than the rest of the server just because he happened to zone in first.

Maybe you should check the definition for "ignorant" again. While you're at it, try searching the definition for "arrogant" too.

You are right in the the fact that is is not any one persons zone. However it is in my opinion, like the OP's, redundant to go into Tav for Dynamis if there is already someone in there, because rather you are there for currency or xp, you are cutting your currency/xp by half, and the person who was in there before you. Therefore, it does you no good or the person who was there, and more than likely that person did /sea dynamistav to see if it was free. Not to mention that unlike all the other zones city & Dream, there are WAY fewer mobs.

But as you point out there is more that 1 zone to farm currancy in
(IE all). And there is also 2 zones for each relic upgrade you can farm XP in. All zones have EP & DC mobs, and when you are farming XP it does not matter if you stagger a mob or not, where as it does when you are farming currency. With it being easier to stagger nightmare mobs by time than city mobs by job type, it would seem to me at least, easier to farm XP in the city zones where people that are farming currency are not.

However after stating that the zone is not any one persons, isn't it safe to say you are being hypocritical in saying someone that was already there should leave for someone who just entered, knowing there was someone in the zone already? And a little ignorant as well considering you failed to see or to point out that you can get xp in more than 1 zone as well.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-28 18:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When I used to do dyna tav, there will always been people who sends you a tell asking how much time I had left in zone, and I would always do a search on the zone and ask how much time other people had left inside.

And then there are people who just show up and camp against you anyways without saying anything even though there are only 8 mobs to farm at a time. Needless to say, I highly sympathize with OP's frustration.

And there is no excuse to use XP as an argument. There are always demons in the back that provide far more exp/hr simply because you don't have to wait for repop.
[+]
 Sylph.Talon
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2014-04-28 18:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know its just not a Sylph thing. @otsego, it did not look like you got the responses you were aiming for.

I am interested, however, in your oceanfin soup. 500k Let's do this.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-28 18:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started going in and fighting the Nightmare Taurus as nobody else kills them, don't get as many that way, but I was mostly in there for armor/-1 pieces so meh.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-28 18:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You can make pretty decent money focusing solely on Diabolos NQs.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-28 19:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a fan of Tav due to the lack of mobs but it's my choice zone when I need souls/thoughts so I just try to go in when it's empty.

As for exp trials, I just stick to WS mobs and focus on killspeed, I generally don't mix farming and exp so WS mobs work out because I may get the occasional proc from my WS, probably pull about 100 currency on an exp trial run.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-28 20:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You're lucky. Come to Ragnarok and try to farm ADL or anything in Dynamis - Xarcabard. I don't even farm ADL or use that zone very often, but when I do it's always swarming with RMT warping around grouping up the NM's and making them all run to ADL for boss pops. Mule's at every NM Tome pop and spamming of ADL all day.
 Sylph.Shipp
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-05-04 15:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also on sylph and the only reason I go to tav is for trials or af due to this reason. Too many rude players who just camp right on top of you will take mobs you have proc'd if you happen to get links Usually I just move camps, but that's really only viable for worms since people don't want to touch them or fish since you have to clear tauri. Zone sucks for currency farming.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-04 15:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't go to tav for anything related to currency. Only for AF/trial xp.

If I want currency, there are a ton of JA proc locations, or i'll do Qufim during dead playtime
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [111 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Comment: Homophobia.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-23 16:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So much hate, so much late.
[+]
 Fenrir.Duvelamilla
By Fenrir.Duvelamilla 2014-08-23 16:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack,

Ill Tell you the same thing I said to Xenhas on his little rant.

You are right in the the fact that is is not any one persons zone. However it is in my opinion, like the OP's, redundant to go into Tav for Dynamis if there is already someone in there, because rather you are there for currency or xp, you are cutting your currency/xp by half, and the person who was in there before you. Therefore, it does you no good or the person who was there, and more than likely that person did /sea dynamistav to see if it was free. Not to mention that unlike all the other zones city & Dream, there are WAY fewer mobs.

But as you point out there is more that 1 zone to farm currency in
(IE all). And there is also 2 zones for each relic upgrade you can farm XP in. All zones have EP & DC mobs, and when you are farming XP it does not matter if you stagger a mob or not, where as it does when you are farming currency. With it being easier to stagger nightmare mobs by time than city mobs by job type, it would seem to me at least, easier to farm XP in the city zones where people that are farming currency are not.

So while you may think the OP is being "a crying, self-entitled feeling, self-centered brat" You are being a douche.
First Page 2