Forum » FFXIV » General » What is considered "good DPS"
What is considered "good DPS"
 Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2014-01-05 15:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't run a parser but I've had some things quoted back to me after fights and I honestly don't know how to interpenetrate what "good DPS" is.

As a Bard before I got my relic I was averaging 115~120 in Titan HM
Yesterday at il85 I was at 150~ for Garuda Ex. (I was also second behind a Blm who was at 170~ ... the other Blm and Smn were closer to 130~)

I have no idea how well this is tracking actual damage however. I've seen things saying that Smn dmg from DoT's is "averaged" and anything from Bane is accounted... For those of you who do run a parse though what do you consider a good number to have in an actual fight, compared to against a test dummy.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-06 00:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Teleniel said: »
I don't run a parser but I've had some things quoted back to me after fights and I honestly don't know how to interpenetrate what "good DPS" is.

As a Bard before I got my relic I was averaging 115~120 in Titan HM
Yesterday at il85 I was at 150~ for Garuda Ex. (I was also second behind a Blm who was at 170~ ... the other Blm and Smn were closer to 130~)

I have no idea how well this is tracking actual damage however. I've seen things saying that Smn dmg from DoT's is "averaged" and anything from Bane is accounted... For those of you who do run a parse though what do you consider a good number to have in an actual fight, compared to against a test dummy.

I haven't play XIV forever so idk the standard now, before I left very good melee DD can hit 300+ DPS on dummy, my friend's MRD can hit 150 on Titan HM.

So I suppose 200+ in an event is good?
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXIV
By Dalmonn Highwind 2014-01-06 09:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Darklight DPS jobs using their proper rotations should be doing around 250 dps in events.
Tanks do dps in the neighborhood of 140-170.
By Crevox 2014-01-08 03:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind it's still broken in a lot of ways, especially for Bards and Summoners. Yes, this applies to all parsers.

-Flame Arrow is not tracked
-Shadow Flare is not tracked
-ALL DoT crits are not tracked, for all classes
-Bio, Bio II and Demolish, being zero based DoTs, are highly inaccurate. This is because they are forced to "estimate" the damage, and their methods are not concrete and the damage numbers are never 100% accurate (sometimes being very far off). There are also reports of other DoTs (Miasma II) coming up wrong (saying it does 1 damage, etc).
-For anyone but yourself, there is a chance that their damage is mixed up with someone else's.

I could go on
Server: Excalibur
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-01-08 04:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend runs one on our coils runs its not too bad but it does slip up with dots now and again. My smn got 252 and garuda egi got 64 I think that one was on turn 4 the brds and other smn were like 20-50 behind. Im more on drg these days I came second on turn 2 to a brd and i beat a brd though I didnt have B4B on ADS not sure on dps for that one.
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2014-01-08 20:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIVAPP is pretty ***at tracking dps if that's what you're using. As long as you're pressing buttons it's not hard to do "good" dps.
Server: Excalibur
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-01-22 17:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw this on GW.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1vopgf/banning_for_ffxivapp/

ToS

2. LICENSE LIMITATIONS

2.5 Data Mining. You may not intercept, mine or otherwise collect information from the Game using unauthorized third party software.
Server: Ultros
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-01-22 18:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fear mongering. Dude got a warning and not even a temp ban and all of a sudden everyone on reddit is freaking out that every single person who uses a parser will get banned. Guy was also being an *** in party and also lied to the GM.

GM was probably an asshat, but the amount of *** everyone is saying over this is amazing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-23 06:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Euclids Cfinder said: »
Fear mongering. Dude got a warning and not even a temp ban and all of a sudden everyone on reddit is freaking out that every single person who uses a parser will get banned. Guy was also being an *** in party and also lied to the GM.

GM was probably an asshat, but the amount of *** everyone is saying over this is amazing.

More like "why now"? Ppl been talking about parser and DPS on official forum all day long since launch. They'd have ban everyone on OF already if that's their policy.
Server: Sargatanas
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-01-23 08:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Saw this on GW.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1vopgf/banning_for_ffxivapp/

ToS

2. LICENSE LIMITATIONS

2.5 Data Mining. You may not intercept, mine or otherwise collect information from the Game using unauthorized third party software.
Read the thread and noticed he said "PS...don't want to get more violations on my in-game account (first one). "

I bet the GMs were keeping an eye on him, cuz he had so many violations (I wonder what he did. buy RMT? Take advantages of bugs?) and thought the guy was trying to hack to make his character do more damage or something.
---

In reguards to good DPS, I consider good DPS as someone who doesn't try to take agro off of a good tank and, for melee, if healer or caster gets agro, they'll try taking the agro off alongside the tank. As a WHM main, I know I'll grab agro with my cures and not having much Defense and HP, I tend to get hit for lots of damage.

Of course, I don't really care for the 10-20 dmg more cuz I see it as more of teamwork. Plus there are times where tank and/or healer need to rest for a sec to get MP/TP back so that extra 1-2 seconds to kill the mob honestly seems to go to waste.

Basically, for me, good DPS are people who know their jobs and can react to certain situations fast.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
By starfish 2014-03-13 06:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

depends on what ur hitting i noticed i can do 300 dps on lvl 49 mobs and only 140 on xtreme battles.

i would say if ur on the 150 to 180 range in xtremes ur doing ok. if u can pull 250 to 300 ur above average ( thats totals in fight not burst ). i use act.