users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Maps?
Maps?
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-12 21:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel stupid asking but, anyone know if you can just buy the Uleg Map? I remember last update they made some of them possible to buy which were previously quested, such as Crawler's Nest, hoping to quest dodge this one too if possible, but noticed neither Wiki or BG seem to have an updated list of purchasable maps.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-13 00:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess no one knows? : /
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
Server: Leviathan
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-13 00:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Uleg? Can you be a little more specific, might be able to help.

If you mean the normal Uleguerand Range, the map acquisition is listed right here as a quest: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Uleguerand_Range
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-13 01:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that map, but like I said above, SE made a change to allow us to buy certain quested maps that could not be bought before, for instance, I bought the Crawler's Nest map earlier today in Sandy. More or less seeing if I can avoid that quest(if I ever bother with the map) or if anyone knows if it can be bought somewhere. :x
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-13 01:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Yes, that map, but like I said above, SE made a change to allow us to buy certain quested maps that could not be bought before, for instance, I bought the Crawler's Nest map earlier today in Sandy. More or less seeing if I can avoid that quest(if I ever bother with the map) or if anyone knows if it can be bought somewhere. :x

IF this change happened within the last couple of days, then your guess is as good as mine.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-13 01:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Last month if I remember correctly.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-13 01:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok nvm. The thing I was thinking about was this...

Quote:
The following adjustments have been made to magic maps.
Rewards have been added to quests that grant magic maps.
The following NPCs will now sell magic maps for non-expansion areas formerly obtainable only by quests.
Violitte – Southern San d’Oria (G-1) / Elesca – Northern San d’Oria (I-8) / Karine – Bastok Mines (H-9) / Rex – Port Bastok (J-7) / Mhoji Roccoruh – Port Windurst (G-9) / Pehki Machumaht – Windurst Woods (H-11)

But I had missed the 'non-expansion areas' part of it! ;;

Guess no Uleg map for me.
By Fasaga 2013-12-13 01:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok nvm. The thing I was thinking about was this...

Quote:
The following adjustments have been made to magic maps.
Rewards have been added to quests that grant magic maps.
The following NPCs will now sell magic maps for non-expansion areas formerly obtainable only by quests.
Violitte – Southern San d’Oria (G-1) / Elesca – Northern San d’Oria (I-8) / Karine – Bastok Mines (H-9) / Rex – Port Bastok (J-7) / Mhoji Roccoruh – Port Windurst (G-9) / Pehki Machumaht – Windurst Woods (H-11)

But I had missed the 'non-expansion areas' part of it! ;;

Guess no Uleg map for me.
Or you could do the quest.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-13 02:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but hate quests, and would have to do it on 3 different characters, only reason I wanted it is because it would help my GF with getting around, I personally know where everything in the zone is from having been in Abyssea Uleg enough to have learnt the layout so I know where I am.

Figured if I could quickly buy it I would do that real quick, but if I have to quest it, probably just do it on her character and skip the others.
 Fenrir.Lileviltaru
Server: Fenrir
user: Dannie
By Fenrir.Lileviltaru 2013-12-13 04:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

From what i was told as long as the quest is open u should be able to buy the map.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-13 05:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but hate quests, and would have to do it on 3 different characters, only reason I wanted it is because it would help my GF with getting around, I personally know where everything in the zone is from having been in Abyssea Uleg enough to have learnt the layout so I know where I am.

Figured if I could quickly buy it I would do that real quick, but if I have to quest it, probably just do it on her character and skip the others.

:P But course if we could simply buy everything, we'd probably still be lost despite having a map to aid us. (I feel like many quests are designed in such a way that you get familiar with the areas linked to the goal you're trying to accomplish).

Edit: Of course there are some quests I wonder how the hell they were accomplished without the aid of other players or wiki's telling us where to start, since the clues seem way too obscure at times.