Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 20 21 22
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2013-09-24 20:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to upload/download macros/hotbars/gearsets across platforms?

For example my GF plays on my PS3 when she visits, plays on PC at home. When she got home, none of her gearsets showing up.

Wondering if it is one of those local and server version dealies like macros were in FFXI.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-24 21:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sophie Tilgung said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
Do damage/crit buff abilities work on DoT tics? and if so do they need to be active when the DoT is applied or will the take effect mid way though?
they do, and seem to be when applied. fracture without maim damage bonus won't overwrite fracture with.
I was under the impression buffs didn't actually increase the DoT ticks, but did stop an overwrite from happening.
I just went and tested it between garudas using Circle of Scorn and Fight or Flight. The buff applied to the dot when the buff was active when it was applied. Did not apply if the dot had already been applied and buff was activated mid way through.
Server: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2013-09-24 21:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I did too. I think I was thinking critical hits.

Ah well, glad to be corrected.
 Fenrir.Gilus
Server: Fenrir
user: Gilus
By Fenrir.Gilus 2013-09-25 01:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've played this throughout the beta, early access and a few times this month. But I've recently built a new computer, and thus needed to re-download the client. Though, while trying to set it up, the client is asking me for a registration code. I bought this game back at 1.0 release and, obviously, when I try to put in my code from that it says it's already registered. I only use one SE account, so that's not the problem. Am just wondering if anyone else has run into this or heard anything about it. (I haven't back read, sorry if this was already asked x-^;)
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2013-09-25 04:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I was wondering from a healers stand point, does determination actually increase cure potency? the way the description is stated ("Increases the amount of damage dealt by all attacks and the amount of HP recovered by spells.") it sounds as if that determination increases amount received, but looking at the Darklight healing gear there seems to be a lot of determination stacked up on it. Could it possibly mean increased curing potency?
By Quiznor 2013-09-25 06:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been wrecking my head so I'll ask here. I forgot to check the stats before I logged to make an exact comparison.

What is a better upgrade for PLD?

Relic hands/hoplite + DL ring

Or

DL hands/hero + DL ring

I got the tomes for both but forgot to check stats before I logged.
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-09-25 07:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Since valor will add more defense and magic defense as well as stats id go with those first.

Edit: so valor + DL/hoplite vs DL + hero/DL is.

def/mdef+4
str+6
vit-1
parry+7
crit rate+15
acc-21

So obviously if you arent capping acc the ring is the way to go though you should be capped atm on everything but Bahamuts anyway. Though I was doing turn 1 last night on smn and I had no acc issues with I think I have 434 acc might be a bit more now.

Stats for valor + hero + DL is.

Str+18
Vit+45
Parry+44
Crit rate+15
Acc+25
By Quiznor 2013-09-25 08:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Since valor will add more defense and magic defense as well as stats id go with those first.

Edit: so valor + DL/hoplite vs DL + hero/DL is.

def/mdef+4
str+6
vit-1
parry+7
crit rate+15
acc-21

So obviously if you arent capping acc the ring is the way to go though you should be capped atm on everything but Bahamuts anyway. Though I was doing turn 1 last night on smn and I had no acc issues with I think I have 434 acc might be a bit more now.

Stats for valor + hero + DL is.

Str+18
Vit+45
Parry+44
Crit rate+15
Acc+25

I had a feeling it'd be better going with the valor hands,simply because of the level differences between the items,without even looking at stats to confirm it.

Ofc I plan on getting the hero ring to go with the DL anyways,so that is just sorting this week's upgrade out :D

edit: Went ahead and picked up relic hands. So now I've got Ifrit sword,DL head/body,relic hands,DL legs/feet,DL shield,DL neck,DL ears,hero bracelets,hoplite and DL rings. :D Titan,you're next! Relic time :>
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-25 13:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using the crossbar with my controller on pc and im trying to add some horizontal hotbars to avoid having to flip through pages in the crossbar to use abilities. When you set the horizontal hotbars to display I know alt + # will use the abilities set to the first hotbar but how do you use any abilities set on the 2nd 3rd etc hotbar?

Edit: Actually really only need to know how to use the second horizontal hotbar. Adding more than two horizontal hotbars would take up way too much space for my tastes anyway.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-25 14:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Crits also affect DoTs
By Alpheus 2013-09-25 14:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Anyone know how to upload/download macros/hotbars/gearsets across platforms?
For example my GF plays on my PS3 when she visits, plays on PC at home. When she got home, none of her gearsets showing up.
Wondering if it is one of those local and server version dealies like macros were in FFXI.
Server side backups of local settings is not supported yet but they did say they're working on it. Apparently they wanna see how much server strain it'd cause or some crap.
Server: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2013-09-25 16:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Crits also affect DoTs
And so it does. Not in the way I meant (critical hit on initial causing your DoT ticks to auto-crit), but I didn't notice the DoT ticks critting at all last night.

Glad to be proven wrong. Again.
 Cerberus.Keeo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Keeo 2013-09-26 04:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Knivesz said: »
I've been using the crossbar with my controller on pc and im trying to add some horizontal hotbars to avoid having to flip through pages in the crossbar to use abilities. When you set the horizontal hotbars to display I know alt + # will use the abilities set to the first hotbar but how do you use any abilities set on the 2nd 3rd etc hotbar? Edit: Actually really only need to know how to use the second horizontal hotbar. Adding more than two horizontal hotbars would take up way too much space for my tastes anyway.

I think bar 2 is CTRL + (1-0 -+) you can change it to whatever you like under the keybind section
user: Dawnn
By Dawn Charis 2013-09-26 09:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Littleanimal said: »
Hello, I was wondering from a healers stand point, does determination actually increase cure potency? the way the description is stated ("Increases the amount of damage dealt by all attacks and the amount of HP recovered by spells.") it sounds as if that determination increases amount received, but looking at the Darklight healing gear there seems to be a lot of determination stacked up on it. Could it possibly mean increased curing potency?

I think it's something like potency of cure received, could be wrong though

on another note SOMEONE should start a FFXIV pumpkin carving contest! I really enjoyed some of the last ones for FFXI
Server: Leviathan
user: Rebo
By Rebo Stormborn 2013-09-26 14:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know why characters info (stats crafts etc) aren't updating? It's been over a week now I've logged in and out numerous times to no avail. Was/is there a queue for update link?
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-09-26 16:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Littleanimal said: »

I've only ever seen it stated as increasing hp recovered from healing magic (as well as affecting all offensive actions). I suppose with that darklight gear you can heal yourself better and toss out better stones?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-27 03:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Does xivdb.com only know VIT as an attribute? I'm looking through Culinarian recipes for EXP, but I'm also trying to make food that me and my friends can make use of. The problem is, everything's showing up as VIT/Acc/Skill Speed, Vit/Acc/Crit Hit, CP+, GP+, Control and Craftsmanship.

Can't find anything with STR+, INT+, MND+ on it.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-09-27 04:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Does xivdb.com only know VIT as an attribute? I'm looking through Culinarian recipes for EXP, but I'm also trying to make food that me and my friends can make use of. The problem is, everything's showing up as VIT/Acc/Skill Speed, Vit/Acc/Crit Hit, CP+, GP+, Control and Craftsmanship.

I haven't seen any food with these stats. I've seen determination added, I think.

I was looking at ffxiv.gamerscape.com and it mentioned that certain attributes affect hq rates on different crafts (e.g. INT affects alchemy). Has this been tested or confirmed anywhere?
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-27 07:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know this is because they wanted to keep food a bit more limited in strength than it was in 1.0. STR, INT and MND all make huge contributions compared to determination, crit etc and since VIT only give HP its not doing too much for you either.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-27 10:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, so I'll never find food with those attribute bonuses, only the potions?

That's fair enough then I guess XD Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something simple. Much appreciated guys :D
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-09-27 18:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

I haven't seen any food with these stats. I've seen determination added, I think.

I was looking at ffxiv.gamerscape.com and it mentioned that certain attributes affect hq rates on different crafts (e.g. INT affects alchemy). Has this been tested or confirmed anywhere?

Should be easy to test; pop a potion and see if the quality increase for the first touch changes from without the potion, with other factors controlled for (good/excellent/poor). If it is a fractional change, it should be even more evident if you use double-up prior to the touch.
One could test progress in the same manner.
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-09-27 18:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of potions am I the only one who thinks 15 seconds on a potion is a bit stupid? I mean 30 seconds or a minute seems small. At least they would be worth more if they lasted a decent amount of time. Now if their primary use is for Crafting in which case... even then 15 seconds is like.. 1 maybe 2 quality upgrades with buffs. it would have to make a big difference to even bother using them.
 Asura.Teleniel
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2013-09-27 23:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Speaking of potions am I the only one who thinks 15 seconds on a potion is a bit stupid? I mean 30 seconds or a minute seems small. At least they would be worth more if they lasted a decent amount of time. Now if their primary use is for Crafting in which case... even then 15 seconds is like.. 1 maybe 2 quality upgrades with buffs. it would have to make a big difference to even bother using them.

I suppose Gathering Node bonus' (extra attempt, HQ rate, or success rate) if your general stat isn't high enough? I think that only checks once per event.... but still I don't know if it's worthwhile given the cost of the potion vs. the effect.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-09-28 15:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody know what npc you talk to to obtain the chronicler's crown? about to finish my final quest to get the achievement. but cant find what npc to talk to. wish they would just mail it to you or something xD or have a achievement npc that gives you the rewards
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-09-28 21:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jonathas I think his name is, at Apkallu Falls in Old Gridania
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-09-30 01:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Jonathas I think his name is, at Apkallu Falls in Old Gridania

Ah, so it was. Now I got all crowns except butcher's D: I guess in time I shall have them all.
 Asura.Ryndo
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-09-30 04:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

With the fantasia potion for signing up for 30 days do u get one for every 30 days or is it one time? Thinking of possibly changing to elezen but wanna know if I can change back to hyur if I dont like it.

And if it is a onetime thing im guessing it wont be sellable?
Server: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-30 04:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1 time change and I believe it is not sellable.
 Asura.Ryndo
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-09-30 05:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah that sucks.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 20 21 22