Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-23 10:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Does anyone know if the enmity generated by flash scales with anything?
as far as i know, no. just shield oath
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-23 16:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

uh. so I guess SE wont charge my CC until mid october since thats when my free subscription ends. but i didnt read anywhere that paying for more days at once would cost less. for 180 days its only 47.98ish. which is 12 bucks cheaper than what it should be. so is that a reward for paying for 180 days up front? if so then sweet.

Also I still need help linking my ffxiv character to ffxivpro.

Never mind I figured it out. There was an extra couple of steps that I had to do that wasn't in the little guide.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-09-23 17:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
uh. so I guess SE wont charge my CC until mid october since thats when my free subscription ends. but i didnt read anywhere that paying for more days at once would cost less. for 180 days its only 47.98ish. which is 12 bucks cheaper than what it should be. so is that a reward for paying for 180 days up front? if so then sweet.

Never mind I figured it out. There was an extra couple of steps that I had to do that wasn't in the little guide.

Yeah, I thought it was spelled out when you selected how many days you wanted to pay for, but I may have just seen it elsewhere. Basically save by buying in bulk. I think with legacy and 180 days at a time it's $7.99/ month. Actually I'm not sure if having the legacy account makes it lower or not when buying 180 days at a time.
By Quiznor 2013-09-23 17:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you look at the payment page on the main XIV site,the different priced plans are all there. The longer you buy,the more you save per month
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-23 17:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

If you look at the payment page on the main XIV site,the different priced plans are all there. The longer you buy,the more you save per month

Lol ya at first I thought I was being overcharged because for some reason my brain died on me and i thought 180 days was 3 months >.> mainly because i thought your 3 choices were 30,60,90 instead of 30,90,180. so ya. figured i bought 3 months until i was like.. why am i being charged 50 dollars... *lightbulb* >.>
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-09-23 19:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason for ARC/BRD to be constantly running circles around enemies or is there no benefit at all and those people just have ants in their pants? It really pisses me off in FATEs when an ARC/BRD has hate on something and I'm trying to do my abilities on certain sides of the monster and it's constantly moving around and turning.
By Quiznor 2013-09-23 19:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Is there a reason for ARC/BRD to be constantly running circles around enemies or is there no benefit at all and those people just have ants in their pants? It really pisses me off in FATEs when an ARC/BRD has hate on something and I'm trying to do my abilities on certain sides of the monster and it's constantly moving around and turning.

I was wondering this too. About 80% of the BRDs I get for AK just run and jump in circles around the mob that is facing me spamming everything. I just put it down to them being part of the retard crew (aka those people that jump 24/7 when going any and everywhere)
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2013-09-23 19:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know, it only has any utility before dungeons where you can easily outrun enemies. I haven't seen damage taken decrease on kiting brds. I've sure seen enemies stay alive far too long while being kited though.

I was actually called a noob by someone yesterday for not being able to land Melee LB when the idiot kept kiting the enemy away from me.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-23 19:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Other DD get to move around when repositioning for combos and crap. BRD doesn't have combos, no positioning requirements, and all moves are instant so rather than stand rooted in one spot, I run and jump around. Suck it.
By Quiznor 2013-09-23 19:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Other DD get to move around when repositioning for combos and crap. BRD doesn't have combos, no positioning requirements, and all moves are instant so rather than stand rooted in one spot, I run and jump around. Suck it.

You are now off my "do anything other than ask for a raise" list
Server: Excalibur
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-09-23 21:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you supposed to get exp from supply delivery missions from your grand company? it says like 26k exp but when i turn it in i get nothing. what is that exp?
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-09-23 21:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Are you supposed to get exp from supply delivery missions from your grand company? it says like 26k exp but when i turn it in i get nothing. what is that exp?

Believe the exp only goes to the class that can make/gather the item.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-09-24 00:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This ***enfuriates me.... However it's never an arc/brd, it's some jack *** half naked thm/blm. I assume they can't manage hate and don't want to die so they screw us all by running in circles, stand still so I can get hate you idiot!!!! /rage
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2013-09-24 02:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
This ***enfuriates me.... However it's never an arc/brd, it's some jack *** half naked thm/blm. I assume they can't manage hate and don't want to die so they screw us all by running in circles, stand still so I can get hate you idiot!!!! /rage

This is very annoying, most of these people circling or jumping around in town are from WOW
Server: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-24 04:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said: »

This is very annoying, most of these people circling or jumping around in town are from WOW

lol CM final boss. Adds randomly agro the WHM who wasn't paying attention to me saying to run in to us DPS so we can burn them down and then decides to run around in wide circles so none of our skills go off. Good Times!
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-24 07:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Do damage/crit buff abilities work on DoT tics? and if so do they need to be active when the DoT is applied or will the take effect mid way though?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-09-24 08:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravant Lehnsherr said: »

lol CM final boss. Adds randomly agro the WHM who wasn't paying attention to me saying to run in to us DPS so we can burn them down and then decides to run around in wide circles so none of our skills go off. Good Times!
You would think people would understand by now that running around like a headless chicken when you have hate will just get you killed faster.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-09-24 11:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »

You would think people would understand by now that running around like a headless chicken when you have hate will just get you killed faster.

I ran around as sch in story mission dungeons >.> but thats because pld/war rarely kept hate (sprint you my only friend). Seriously idk if its my gear or what but Until like mid 30s I've always had more hp than anyone in my pt as a sch. and my fairy pet would tank better than most tanks that the duty finder gave me xD though im sure at 50 tanks should know to keep hate on all mobs -.-
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-24 11:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do damage/crit buff abilities work on DoT tics? and if so do they need to be active when the DoT is applied or will the take effect mid way though?
they do, and seem to be when applied. fracture without maim damage bonus won't overwrite fracture with.
[+]
Server: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-24 12:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

and my fairy pet would tank better than most tanks that the duty finder gave me xD though im sure at 50 tanks should know to keep hate on all mobs -.-

My very first dungeon (sastasha or w/e) I went as a complete noob MRD and a Carbuncle helped me tank a lot that dungeon. I had no idea about AoEs to grab mobs nor did I have flash back then.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-09-24 12:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

and my fairy pet would tank better than most tanks that the duty finder gave me xD though im sure at 50 tanks should know to keep hate on all mobs -.-

My very first dungeon (sastasha or w/e) I went as a complete noob MRD and a Carbuncle helped me tank a lot that dungeon. I had no idea about AoEs to grab mobs nor did I have flash back then.

Ya When I was doing the starting dungeons i forgot flash was like lvl 22. Too high a lvl in my opinion. me and my fairy did a lot of tanking in those first 3 dungeons.

I did not think my fairy would be such a good tank. but it had a good amount of evasion and also took less dmg than the tank. Since i haven't done much research on it do sch fairies take less dmg than a normal person? I didn't know if SE gave them a little defense buff since all they do is heal and if they die sch get a bit of a healing nerf.
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-09-24 12:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you would think that tanks at 50 would ve able to hold hate but ive been with loads that cant. One tank opened with nothing just ran in didnt shield lob and didnt do anything to generate any hate. A single Physick took hate off him and he was adamant it was the healers fault. Wiped twice right at the start of the fight. Told him he should provoke when healers took hate and he said "it wont do any good it only takes you up one spot on the hate list" I told him what it actually does and he replied with "I know what my job does you should read up on yours. I had another tank using circle of scorn only another only using rage of halone. I had a tank, with relics, keeping sword oath up and not holding any hate and my Eos was able to solo heal the run, apart for bosses, while I DD. Some people are acting like they are abyssea burned infact its probably because people are fate burning.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-09-24 13:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Man. So only have 2 crowns left to get. Butchers (A little over halfway there) and chronicler's crown. which should be quick because i have most craft/gather jobs past at 50. just got to do the lvl 30 quests. Anyways I have botany at lvl 6. so need to speed that beast to 30 so i can get my crown. Anyone have any advice to power lvl it? or best place to lvl. or should i just do leves?
 Asura.Ryndo
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-09-24 14:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the best selling mining material u can farm?
Server: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2013-09-24 15:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
they do, and seem to be when applied. fracture without maim damage bonus won't overwrite fracture with.
I was under the impression buffs didn't actually increase the DoT ticks, but did stop an overwrite from happening.
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-09-24 16:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »

Actually....i duoed all the monster of the third part of Copperbell mine as Archer....
The other archer didn't thought it was possible to kill group of monster by running away around the corners to mess with the AI path XD Shadow bind + potion + cure at low lvl = invincible

Other dungeon that i played Hatalia? or w/e is typed.... I had a loltank that never used Flash and only spammed Riot Blade for no reason....
What i did was.....take one monster away and kill it on my own

I kite FATE monster IF i am alone with the monster....

I hate Conjurer that spam Water and stone 2 on dungeon when I GLD/MRD......especially water....pushing our monster away for no reason...... and somehow running out of MP on small group of monster(not counting my HP reaching the 2 digit almost everytime)
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-09-24 16:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
I've just had bad luck with AK so far, everyone judges you before even casting buffs or anything like that.

I just did AK once on the first week of the game,...I wasn't able to clear Demon Wall......I haven't try ever since, At least the people that was pair up with me on duty finder were nice.

Duty Finder in end game is a pain almost everytime, because there is too many "wannabe elite" or trolls. @.@;
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-24 17:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I no longer have the issue, it was only my first 2 groups and after that never again.

D and I have demon wall down very well now, really makes a huge difference when you're in sync.
[+]
By Alpheus 2013-09-24 17:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryndo said: »
Whats the best selling mining material u can farm?

Crystal shards from the looks of it.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22