How The Hell Do You Make Money?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How the hell do you make money?
How the hell do you make money?
By Alkaseltzer 2013-06-15 16:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

WoTG or Abyssea just isn't doable solo on WHM though,
--------------------

Yes it's hard to heal, but my point is that it's still doable with more support from COR BRD, and since OP desperately needs gil, so why not?

Yeah, WoTG and Abbysea aren't soloable on whm, but delve also isn't soloable and making gil isn't easy on whm so what? It isn't as though there aren't a hundred other people on each server that likely need to do Abbysea or will help with WoTG missions if you shout for help.

Also I feel like if you really need gil you at some point need to break down and decide to level something to make gil with, and hoping for more support to let you tag along in delve just isn't going to happen due to how delve groups generally work. I actually was complaining a bit in a past thread on the very subject that it seemed kinda annoying that this was the case, since it seemed like if people used some defensive moves or something that it would make things easy just playing it like a meripo.

But the reason that those old colibri merit parties worked so well was that people did generally use a lot of shadows, and people just aren't into doing that now.
 Ragnarok.Granis
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-06-15 18:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Regaurding Sobek, I just did close to 5 pops, WITH Grellow, 2/4 of those with a full TH THF and I'm still only 4/6 on pants.

Sobek just doesn't work for the cards because the droprate is so freaking bad! I should have had my pants given how many pops we built! But, because me and the NIN LSmate culdn't duo Trisitia (it requires a stunner) I still don't have my pants. a shout BLM will come to freaking Sobek but they won't stay to help out with that VNM after they get their skins. :(

Other people seem to get their items super freaking quick, Even after someone dings 99 on a new job, I have no idea how they get kitted out with their +2 pieces and other good gear so quickly.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-15 21:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Granis said: »
Other people seem to get their items super freaking quick, Even after someone dings 99 on a new job, I have no idea how they get kitted out with their +2 pieces and other good gear so quickly.

Connections, mules and having right jobs. You need to have close friend or mules to do stuff with if you want faster progress, 2~3 characters can finish Abyssea.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-06-16 00:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Drops don't happen as frequently as you would like them to. I finished whm pants+2 on Chloris when my husband was upgrading his h2h. Pain in the *** at the time to get all the KI's (annoying, not hard) but we duo'd with brd and thf or trio'd with a drk added.

Persistence. Pretty much what ffxi is.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-16 01:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine most of you are going to say "Dynamis." but.... I've tried it and even bringing my DRK friend with me with /DNC sub to hit JA proc, all we get when we go there is lost XP. we can't even get all of our TEs without dying. We go to Dyna-Qufim, we do our first TE mob, I cure my DRK friend, I get Snoll aggro and die in 3 hits. friend finishes the TE mob, I reraise and die to a random Orc that was nearby to where i died. which means I have to release and can't reenter Dyna for 24 hours.

my LS told me to never expect anything out of Dyna unless you are a mainjob DNC, THF, or BST. and even with those jobs, doing TE mobs without dying and getting your JA mobs takes months of practice, you need to have great gear for those 3 jobs, and even then sometimes you just won't get enough currency to make a decent profit anyway. And our best THF even disagrees and says THF is just as bad at it as DRK and WHM.
thought id share, my wife and i duo dynamis thf/dnc and drk/dnc, pulled 441 coins this last run at that (our gear is up there though), sometimes you just get bad luck just pick up and try again till you get a system that works for you
By Alkaseltzer 2013-06-16 06:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
I imagine most of you are going to say "Dynamis." but.... I've tried it and even bringing my DRK friend with me with /DNC sub to hit JA proc, all we get when we go there is lost XP. we can't even get all of our TEs without dying. We go to Dyna-Qufim, we do our first TE mob, I cure my DRK friend, I get Snoll aggro and die in 3 hits. friend finishes the TE mob, I reraise and die to a random Orc that was nearby to where i died. which means I have to release and can't reenter Dyna for 24 hours.

my LS told me to never expect anything out of Dyna unless you are a mainjob DNC, THF, or BST. and even with those jobs, doing TE mobs without dying and getting your JA mobs takes months of practice, you need to have great gear for those 3 jobs, and even then sometimes you just won't get enough currency to make a decent profit anyway. And our best THF even disagrees and says THF is just as bad at it as DRK and WHM.
thought id share, my wife and i duo dynamis thf/dnc and drk/dnc, pulled 441 coins this last run at that (our gear is up there though), sometimes you just get bad luck just pick up and try again till you get a system that works for you

I'm not sure it's really bad luck so much as Dynamis Qufim really stinking. Those mobs there seem god awful in comparison to what's in Buburium or Valkurm. I mean playing around mobs that can aggro magic as a whm, that has to kinda stink.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-16 09:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ours was in qufim lol, just start from one end and be aware of whats around you. they wont magic agro if your mage stays 20+ yalms away

weapons are a btch