How The Hell Do You Make Money?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How the hell do you make money?
How the hell do you make money?
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-06-13 14:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jykia said: »
alc is still a good money maker, there's never any s/i pots on the ah when i go looking and the price keeps going up for such a basic needed item. and status bolts are always a good seller, ww is stupid easy to lvl if you have an hour or 2 to burn a day (there is some really good guides on the wiki for both, i use xarcangles personally). stick in the ww guild till you can get the boltmaker ki and your golden. take a lil gil to get going but its easy nuff to get it all back with some extra. alc can also make cor cards, with cor being used alot more those should sell fast.

There aren't any issues with the supply of silent oil and prism powder on Ragnarok (where Granis is). A number of alchemists make them daily, and so they aren't a very solid money maker for someone newly entering the market.

When it comes to COR cards, Alchemy can't make the only card people actually buy (trumps), and even if it could, chances are it would be smarter to buy them from the vendor and list them on the AH.

I can't comment on the bolt market, though, as it's not something I've paid much attention to.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Granis
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-06-13 14:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I need gear from abyssea, other than AH gear, that's part of the reason I need to make gil. Maybe I could convince a NIN to tank or a BLM to come for grellow if I gave them a 800k-1 mil incentive since nobody needs aby anymore, feels like that's what I'd need to do to get a NIN to tank Tristia and get a BLM to grellow it.

Whenever I shout for Sobek or Tristia or for a clear I need or whatever, I might get a tank OR a BLM, never both, and sometimes, neither. :(
By Himsaa 2013-06-13 14:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

go to cirdas caverns with 500 pickaxes and empty inventory and take 2 days farming orichalcum/luminium ore and scholar stones. I'm on ragnarok and last I checked, stones were back up to 70k. Sub blm and warp when you are fatigued, it's a pain in the *** but it's the easiest way to make money it would seem in your position. beats sitting in town waiting for something to happen.
By Alkaseltzer 2013-06-13 14:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Granis said: »
I know I need gear from abyssea, other than AH gear, that's part of the reason I need to make gil. Maybe I could convince a NIN to tank or a BLM to come for grellow if I gave them a 800k-1 mil incentive since nobody needs aby anymore, feels like that's what I'd need to do to get a NIN to tank Tristia and get a BLM to grellow it.

Whenever I shout for Sobek or Tristia or for a clear I need or whatever, I might get a tank OR a BLM, never both, and sometimes, neither. :(

Yeah I found it to be such an incredible pain to get a party going for the +2 pants that I just ignored it for a while and went about just taking out zone bosses and then tagging along with some guys doing Shinryu farming to get that clear. That way I could get the abbysite that lowers the cost of primeval brews and just solo Tristy. It could a while to get all the cruor needed, but really it just meant going along with some voidwatch parties that were clearing sandy or windy climbs, and doing merits (cause honestly there seems to always be something I could still merit) and getting some cruor that way in la theine.

Something you may want to consider though is just leveling up beastmaster and a dancer sub to solo up some dynamis, or farm ruszor meat with. It may sound like a lot to do to just get some gil, but really it ends up not taking much time at all to level a job to 99 in comparison to how long it takes to make 10 million gil, and since you then solo farm dynamis (after getting the hang of it after a couple days trying) you can make 600k-1,00k a day, making EVERYTHING seem affordable. At that point you wouldn't have to farm little cruddy things or pray for a plasm party to accept you so you could get airlixirs, you could just put on some music and farm some easy mobs (that really die pretty easily due to how pets scale when fighting lower level mobs) and just have a much more relaxing time about making gil.
By baronton 2013-06-13 15:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I grew up a BLM in the old FFXI. I could make a lot of gil soloing Despot or duoing so many things with a friend. As the game progressed, my friends quit and BLM became sort of a joke (both solo and in a party, in a way).

I didn't like the changes, obviously. I was raking in gil and then all of a sudden I just couldn't anymore.

The game has always been situational. I found a niche based on a job I loved (thus, a situation I loved). I capitalized on it for years. But then the situation changed.

The last poster (at least at the time of my typing this) mentioned leveling BST. That is what I did. I knew NOTHING of the job, and I had played for years. But I faced the fact that if I wanted to progress (at least in terms of gil- and many other things), I had to make a change. I did level BST. I am not saying that was my only possible path of making gil (in fact there were other/better routes). But as someone who wanted to keep focusing on my BLM in terms of gear/dmg/etc., I had to find a balance.

The balance I found was that instead of gearing my THF to an elite level to do dynamis, I could gear my BST (which took maybe a week or two at most to get to par for Dynamis and most anything) to ultimately keep funding my BLM.

No, it wasn't as enjoyable doing it all on BST as on BLM. But at that point in the game, I could do SO much more on BST. I pretty much soloed all of my +1 seals on BST, and other than a few annoying +2s, I did those as well.

I am to the point now that I can 2box, but even before that, a lot of abyssea was feasible solo (based on atmas and gear).

I am not suggesting you abandoned what you love in the game. But at some point, even I decided to take a small break (ended up being a pretty huge break) from the one job I loved in order to progress.

These days, experience points are easy. Even skilling is very easy. I feel ever since Abyssea, they had an idea to make this game more solo/low-man friendly. But if you wish to do it solo or low-man, just understand that you may have to give in to the current trends in order to get you there. Level BST, or THF, or BRD (for pickups), or SCH (NNI comes to mind) in order to move forward. This doesn't mean you ever have to abandoned what you love in the game.

I am sorry I rambled on so much... the bottom line is, understand that some jobs, some ranks, some whatever simply allow you to make gil a lot easier. You need to understand that you can't assume you can be the most efficient at making gil while staying in the state of the game that you love most. You may have to finish a few more missions to get Salvage access, or get those -pdt axes for your BST to last as long as your reward timer... then do those things. When the gil comes flooding in after that, fund the job you love and enjoy the benefits of the work involved.

Of course, it is always possible that midway through building up to the point to really make gil that SE may nerf it, and change the situation. I am sure some have been there. Rage then, and I would understand.

But even then... things comes full circle. My BLM can 2-shot Umbrils. Their drop sells for 200-300k each. This is the job I had on the back burner for years because SE changed its ability to make gil. Also that Taru sash with TH for mages... that is now worth more than it was when it was first released.

Not sure if I made a point or not with that last section, but I hope so. Make yourself more well-rounded, and you will be in a better position of making the most gil you can when the next big change comes about...
 Cerberus.Meatster
Server: Cerberus
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2013-06-13 15:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fish botting is way common in this game. Gms seem to never check for it and its a common way alot of people make money. Not saying you should do this but heres how it works.

People spend about 1 1/2 months leveling up fishing overnight. Once they get around 88 or so they buy fish that other fish botters fish up for them to get Ebisu. Then they go and fish Hakuryu up in Beaucedine Glacier overnight. Hakuryu npc for 10k gil each and a good night can get like 1m worth of fish.

Honestly you could probably make pretty decent money off of them. They fish up haks with minnows that are on all the major boat rides in the game. So if you want you could park a mule maybe by the fishing guilds so when they open you grab all the minnows you can. Then just bazaar them for a higher price. Im sure plenty of fishers would pay 2 or 3 times the amount you bought them for right by the guild. Easiest way to do this. Make a mule in windurst and send it gil. Take it to the fishing guild. Take your main to au fishing guild it opens up at 1. Buy all the minnows at 1 then log out and head to your mule in windurst at 3. Buy them all and just bazaar overnight.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-06-13 15:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Forsaking your favorite jobs to get things done/be efficient is my e-life story. Dreaming of the day SMN can compete with jobs on any level... I feel your pain brotha-man.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-06-13 16:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you can lead a group yourself.
 Ragnarok.Granis
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-06-13 16:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to abby, I do try to start my own shouts. problem is getting people interested in actually going, that have the jobs needed (NIN for tanking and red, BLM for grellow.)

Feel like I need a lot of money just to pay people for their time to actually go out of their way to go out to Abby.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-13 16:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Another option is to sell convenience items. Buy stuff from guilds or vendors that sell for more on AH and then list em... do your homework first to make sure the thing sells with some frequency.
 Cerberus.Quintow
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2013-06-13 16:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch can occasionally payout decent if you are lucky and is basically free to do. Also, I do salvage daily, usually version 1 and yes it can vary but last night I brought home over 500k worth in alexandrite and you are gearing up at the same time as well as gaining good job experience imo. My 2 cents.
By Dannie 2013-06-13 17:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

want easy Gil go to the boyahda tree to the top. kill the goobbue up there they drop moss which sell good + lumber that NPC for 6k each and they stack to 12. 12x6=72k a stack and usually for a thief *Pink armor* (if that's one of the other job you leveled) that's about 4-6 stacks an hour depending on how well you are geared.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ryndo
Server: Asura
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-06-14 05:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kresaera said: »
I'm a whm and nobody has ever checked my pants >.>

..........I have o.o
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-06-14 10:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of where/what you farm, its good to have multiple options to avoid frustration and burnout. I dyna+salvage+goldbox cleave etc but doing the same one thing over and over isn't a good idea.

Pretty much everyone levels a job thats oriented to farming which may not be their favorite, thats just the ways things are.

If clusterfarming is your idea of a good time:
[+]
By Alkaseltzer 2013-06-14 11:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Pretty much everyone levels a job thats oriented to farming which may not be their favorite, thats just the ways things are.

This seems like the best thing to keep in mind. Because things in this game aren't really balanced in such a way that you can do everything with every job, some jobs are better at some things than others, and that's why we all have the ability to switch jobs around.
By cervelo84 2013-06-14 20:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

/rare items used for nm spawns in abyssea / Salvage - Doing the Treasures storyline takes 3 days (jpm causes you to wait) to get to 17 (salvage access) Lots of fun^^ Alexandrite sells for a good chunk of gil.

gl ~
 Kujata.Sirus
Server: Kujata
user: xial
By Kujata.Sirus 2013-06-14 21:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Meatster said: »
Fish botting is way common in this game. Gms seem to never check for it and its a common way alot of people make money. Not saying you should do this but heres how it works.

People spend about 1 1/2 months leveling up fishing overnight. Once they get around 88 or so they buy fish that other fish botters fish up for them to get Ebisu. Then they go and fish Hakuryu up in Beaucedine Glacier overnight. Hakuryu npc for 10k gil each and a good night can get like 1m worth of fish.

Honestly you could probably make pretty decent money off of them. They fish up haks with minnows that are on all the major boat rides in the game. So if you want you could park a mule maybe by the fishing guilds so when they open you grab all the minnows you can. Then just bazaar them for a higher price. Im sure plenty of fishers would pay 2 or 3 times the amount you bought them for right by the guild. Easiest way to do this. Make a mule in windurst and send it gil. Take it to the fishing guild. Take your main to au fishing guild it opens up at 1. Buy all the minnows at 1 then log out and head to your mule in windurst at 3. Buy them all and just bazaar overnight.

And the simple fact that you (and others) have been posting this in every "how do I make money" thread is why haks will soon be patched the same way blinkers were.
By kingfischer 2013-06-14 21:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not as fast but you can go to Onzozo and kill Manticores and toramas. Go whm/dnc, pack 2 clubs, get a book page, and start tearing it up. Ose, Narashima, and Gob NM are right there with Mysticmaker being within easy distance to check too. Farm the Nms when they pop, otherwise ceourl meat sells good for stacks and the hides sell for about 800 a pop. Takes longer but not as much effort to do.
By Alkaseltzer 2013-06-15 07:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Sirus said: »
Cerberus.Meatster said: »

And the simple fact that you (and others) have been posting this in every "how do I make money" thread is why haks will soon be patched the same way blinkers were.

What's the hack? It sounded like he was saying to just buy guild items and resell them. The people doing fishbots probably would gladly pay for them since they make their goofy amount of money fishing whatever they do, and it isn't like SE has been able to stop them for the past 10 years.
By Muadiib 2013-06-15 07:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For your +2 pants I'm not understanding why you are having to pay peeps especially ninja's just to do Sobek. What I did was make a shout group and reserved balance cards for myself, tried to have at minimum nin/war, thf, whm/rdm, blm/brd for a skeleton crew and maybe if there is still time to shout before peeps get impatient a blu and or/ war. A ninja usually always wants to come for Sobek skin and remember up to 3 balance stones drop per kill you can put more than one person in that slot. That way everyone is getting something other than your gil... Not sure about your server but even at odd times I never have to shout long for a PUG for Sobek. Have you leveled /sch? /Sch brings a decent bump in enhancing and healing skill notably with light arts up and near infinite mp with sublimation. Prolix/roundel are really luxury items and you won't really "need" them to get in on plasm runs, you should be more focused on a idle refresh set. You can get serpenties set for free in attowa and guess what..orison +2 body items are also from Sobek...that's +3 standing refresh at all times just with those 3 pieces plus the stoneskin bonus for cureskin. You can use ephedra/sirona rings which are very affordable. Besides you be well on your way to 50% cure potency easily if you farmed arka V, did your +2 head and farmed bokwus gloves. Realistically 3 plasm runs you can have bokwus gloves or buy airlixer (with plasm) to sell as stated to get the shinier items. For orison head I did Fistule for the +2 items and he is super easy if you find just one thf and keep them alive. I didn't even proc yellow because his drops seemed to be better with just TH.

**also regarding bst...you can eat popcorn while falcor is killing your TE in dynamis. A bst/dnc with even pink gear (aurore) can get all the armor that you need in dynamis zones and even currency/forggotten items to boot. If you go as far to get your relic base feet and hands for bst (dyna/xarc dyna/beauc) you can piece together mind gear /reward gear enough to make a respectable reward set and you can solo Horns At War the x99 ksnm. Beastly shank is 100% drop and on my server sells for ~900k-1mil. You can /yell to BUY a Themis orb (they go for around 600k on asura) and there is 3-400k profit off the shank plus another 50-100k on the other trash he drops. Use your own orb first if you have use the money you make to buy another orb. Don't have 99kseals you realize you can trade any seal/crest at a ratio of 3:1 to get the ones you want. Bst can solo apollyon NW and alot of others. I like to do NW because its always between 49-55 ABC's and those sell for 5k each on my server and a Magenta chip I've sold from 50k to 150k.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-15 12:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats odd that nobody wants the skins for almace or kanaggi since the REM buff is soonish
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-15 12:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Alkaseltzer said: »

Usually the bards end up being pullers for NMs or mobs along with the corsair so they don't really do ballads normally. I've only seen a bard actually sit there doing ballads and buffing the group once in about 50 or so runs. And when they're pulling they can easily end up spending some 20-30 minutes just screwing around with that, which means you aren't getting ballads.

With evokers you can get them occasionally, but often corsairs are messing around with just pulling and prioritizing buffing the DD, so you can probably get evokers now and then, but I'd say maybe less than half the time in delve you'd get it.

Trying to market yourself out to groups as basically the ***white mage that has to be catered to or else everything is going to fall apart probably isn't going to make a lot of parties happy. Especially when getting just getting a few key pieces of gear would do the trick.

Seems goofy to me that people would really think it's the perfect idea to skip all other content in the game so that they can dive right into end game and expect it shouldn't be a problem. Also it seems a tad odd to me to go "well if you have problems it's cause your DD aren't geared enough cause it can't be me not being geared enough".

DD kill fast is necessary to have high plasm gain to begin with. So DD should have gear requirement. But support not so much. If DD is gimp there's limited others can do to help with faster kill speed, if WHM is gimp COR BRD can support more. You just have to let them know before entering.

Also if you ask BRD COR to ballad/evoker I don't see what's so hard to keep it on full time. Some BRD or COR also plays support and help cure/haste/-na with /DNC or /WHM, which just makes things easier. I'm pretty sure if you ask your BRD COR to play support more it can ease the newer WHM's work load.

Delve plasm farm isn't endgame, it's meripo style pt like pink bird pt. Delve NM I can't say, maybe you do need good gear for support jobs. But for plasm farm, if ally already have gear requirement for DD and gear requirement for support, how'd newer players make gil and progress since they can't get invite on both DD and support? When all the problem can be solved with just more ballad/evoker.

Also I don't agree with "If you haven't done abyssea you shouldn't come to delve plasm farm". Abyssea and delve plasm farm are not the same, Abyssea at this point of time really require connections. If you don't have close friend/LS help with right jobs, it's really hard to get ppl by /shout because everyone's done with it and nobody do empy anymore, unlike delve plasm farm, which happens pretty often.

If you have no close friend and no LS to help, you can only log on and stare at the screen because you can't do Abyssea. So the only thing left to do is delve plasm farm /shout.

Come on, ppl need to stop being elitist when it's not necessary to be elitist for everything to get things done efficiently.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-15 12:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »

Thats odd that nobody wants the skins for almace or kanaggi since the REM buff is soonish

Not so odd considering Almace/Kannagi isn't popular lv 99 choice and we don't know when and how REM buff's coming.
By Quiznor 2013-06-15 13:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »

Not so odd considering Almace/Kannagi isn't popular lv 99 choice and we don't know when and how REM buff's coming.

Tell that to the JP with the afterglow kannagi!
By Alkaseltzer 2013-06-15 13:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually the bards end up being pullers for NMs or mobs along with the corsair so they don't really do ballads normally. I've only seen a bard actually sit there doing ballads and buffing the group once in about 50 or so runs. And when they're pulling they can easily end up spending some 20-30 minutes just screwing around with that, which means you aren't getting ballads.

With evokers you can get them occasionally, but often corsairs are messing around with just pulling and prioritizing buffing the DD, so you can probably get evokers now and then, but I'd say maybe less than half the time in delve you'd get it.

Trying to market yourself out to groups as basically the ***white mage that has to be catered to or else everything is going to fall apart probably isn't going to make a lot of parties happy. Especially when getting just getting a few key pieces of gear would do the trick.

Seems goofy to me that people would really think it's the perfect idea to skip all other content in the game so that they can dive right into end game and expect it shouldn't be a problem. Also it seems a tad odd to me to go "well if you have problems it's cause your DD aren't geared enough cause it can't be me not being geared enough".

DD kill fast is necessary to have high plasm gain to begin with. So DD should have gear requirement. But support not so much. If DD is gimp there's limited others can do to help with faster kill speed, if WHM is gimp COR BRD can support more. You just have to let them know before entering.

Also if you ask BRD COR to ballad/evoker I don't see what's so hard to keep it on full time. Some BRD or COR also plays support and help cure/haste/-na with /DNC or /WHM, which just makes things easier. I'm pretty sure if you ask your BRD COR to play support more it can ease the newer WHM's work load.

Delve plasm farm isn't endgame, it's meripo style pt like pink bird pt. Delve NM I can't say, maybe you do need good gear for support jobs. But for plasm farm, if ally already have gear requirement for DD and gear requirement for support, how'd newer players make gil and progress since they can't get invite on both DD and support? When all the problem can be solved with just more ballad/evoker.

Also I don't agree with "If you haven't done abyssea you shouldn't come to delve plasm farm". Abyssea and delve plasm farm are not the same, Abyssea at this point of time really require connections. If you don't have close friend/LS help with right jobs, it's really hard to get ppl by /shout because everyone's done with it and nobody do empy anymore, unlike delve plasm farm, which happens pretty often.

If you have no close friend and no LS to help, you can only log on and stare at the screen because you can't do Abyssea. So the only thing left to do is delve plasm farm /shout.

Come on, ppl need to stop being elitist when it's not necessary to be elitist for everything to get things done efficiently.

Well I don't have an LS or really have had an LS at all since coming back to the game several months ago, and I could still work up some AF+2 and work up some abbysea stuff.

I feel like I get annoyed with the elitism stuff as much as anyone else, but the difference in what you can heal with +2 pants and some cure potency along with just a bit of auto-refresh gear is staggering. I know it's traditional that support jobs could be lacking a bit in gear and have it be no big deal, but I just haven't seen that really being as doable with these plasm farms, which kinda sucks but I just don't see what the point is in complaining that it's elitism that it's hard to heal without gear.

With the little crap formulas (not editing MND and other data I have going since that'd take ages) I ended up going by with 41% potency and 3 auto refresh from gear, plus a red mage sub, and a evokers roll going, I could depend on being able to heal about 3.1k a minute. With same evokers roll, but with only 30% potency (and no af+2 pants) and 1 auto refresh, I could only really be depending on about 1.4k a minute. When I sat down with excel and tried working the stuff out I was pretty surprised which is what made me really feel like I ought to work on getting those pants, since with the same setup previous mentioned, but with pants the number gets bumped up to about 2.2k.

And anyhow, I feel like going through some of the stuff like the WoTG missions is enjoyable, and helpful for the earring for instance, so taking some time out to do that instead of jumping into plasm farming seems like a nice way to go. And hunting down some of the abby gear can also be kinda nice as you just do some shout groups and get people together you can meet with and get everyone's stuff done with.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-15 13:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Delve is not entry level content. Maybe that will change in the future when the next content level is released, but plasm farming is not something you jump right into after dinging 99 in La Theine.
[+]
By Alkaseltzer 2013-06-15 14:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Delve is not entry level content. Maybe that will change in the future when the next content level is released, but plasm farming is not something you jump right into after dinging 99 in La Theine.

I get the feeling a lot of people feel that is just exactly what they ought to be able to do and that it's the fault of the DD if things don't go well in delve.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-15 14:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I don't have an LS or really have had an LS at all since coming back to the game several months ago, and I could still work up some AF+2 and work up some abbysea stuff.

I feel like I get annoyed with the elitism stuff as much as anyone else, but the difference in what you can heal with +2 pants and some cure potency along with just a bit of auto-refresh gear is staggering. I know it's traditional that support jobs could be lacking a bit in gear and have it be no big deal, but I just haven't seen that really being as doable with these plasm farms, which kinda sucks but I just don't see what the point is in complaining that it's elitism that it's hard to heal without gear.

With the little crap formulas (not editing MND and other data I have going since that'd take ages) I ended up going by with 41% potency and 3 auto refresh from gear, plus a red mage sub, and a evokers roll going, I could depend on being able to heal about 3.1k a minute. With same evokers roll, but with only 30% potency (and no af+2 pants) and 1 auto refresh, I could only really be depending on about 1.4k a minute. When I sat down with excel and tried working the stuff out I was pretty surprised which is what made me really feel like I ought to work on getting those pants, since with the same setup previous mentioned, but with pants the number gets bumped up to about 2.2k.

And anyhow, I feel like going through some of the stuff like the WoTG missions is enjoyable, and helpful for the earring for instance, so taking some time out to do that instead of jumping into plasm farming seems like a nice way to go. And hunting down some of the abby gear can also be kinda nice as you just do some shout groups and get people together you can meet with and get everyone's stuff done with.

WoTG or Abyssea just isn't doable solo on WHM though,

Yes it's hard to heal, but my point is that it's still doable with more support from COR BRD, and since OP desperately needs gil, so why not?