oops... wrong section >.>;
[+]
 Carbuncle.Veteran
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-10-29 14:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's nice to see that the UI is more responsive this time around.

Just to clear up any misgivings about lack of choice, it's already been confirmed that more options will be available at release.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-29 14:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad they got rid of the creepy *** laughing and cheering
[+]
 Valefor.Avitorii
user: Avitori
By Valefor.Avitorii 2012-10-29 14:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Graphics look great...as always. Game still sucks though.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-29 14:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-29 14:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just amazed at how many options there are for customization, I love those types of systems and at the same time I hate them. I really over think it, and tweak more than I have need to, but I still think it's really cool to have.

Now only if they get a good story to go along with the game and keep it up.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-10-29 14:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually enjoyed FFXIV's storyline. It never finished unfortunately as is. I believe its failure more had to do with the systems. The lore, cut-scenes and many of the ideological components of FFXIV worked wonderfully... it's just the game's systems itself that really lacked.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-10-29 15:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I actually enjoyed FFXIV's storyline. It never finished unfortunately as is. I believe its failure more had to do with the systems. The lore, cut-scenes and many of the ideological components of FFXIV worked wonderfully... it's just the game's systems itself that really lacked.

This is the best scene I seen in FFXIV.
 Valefor.Avitorii
user: Avitori
By Valefor.Avitorii 2012-10-29 15:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

I don't get it.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-10-29 15:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I'm just amazed at how many options there are for customization, I love those types of systems and at the same time I hate them. I really over think it, and tweak more than I have need to, but I still think it's really cool to have.

I'm the same way. I can spend forever trying to get my character looking just right, and usually end up dissatisfied the first few attempts. Then woe is me if any of my favorite names are taken.
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-10-29 15:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

just in time for the nerfs, piss ppl off and let them try out 14!
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2012-10-29 15:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a bandwagon.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-10-29 15:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said: »
just in time for the nerfs, piss ppl off and let them try out 14!

ARR 2.0 version (PC & PS3) is supposed to be released sometime in 2013...knowing SE's wisdom they'll release it just in time to compete with FFXI's SOA! :p
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-29 15:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't want to play 14, but I'd love to casual the game just to check out the art work.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-10-29 15:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Glad they got rid of the creepy *** laughing and cheering
Those laughs were great
By Artemicion 2012-10-29 15:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
I really don't want to play 14, but I'd love to casual the game just to check out the art work.

Ditto. I told myself I would not get involved with XIV in the same manner that I did with FFXI, which had dire consequences on many aspects of my life. Would be nice if there was a pay as you go, and on-the-fly reactivation/deactivation so one can play on their own terms without having to worry about blowing $15 for something they'll seldom play.

But regardless of whatever faulty system dynamics or interface issues, I look forward to immersing myself in Eorzea and it's story and lore once I have a PC worthy of operating it.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-10-29 15:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I love my character's laugh. It's so nasal and awesome.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-10-29 15:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If the game turns out good, you won't be able to keep your promises to yourselves. You'll start casual and get sucked in, or simply get sucked in right away, the way I did with XI
[+]
 Fenrir.Magi
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2012-10-29 16:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

You'd probably have a relic and a crazy augmented Armadaberk within a week anyways. We should mess around in Eor'zea after the re-release! (I plan to just to see if it's worthwhile and experience the game).

Artemicion said: »
Ditto. I told myself I would not get involved with XIV in the same manner that I did with FFXI, which had dire consequences on many aspects of my life. Would be nice if there was a pay as you go, and on-the-fly reactivation/deactivation so one can play on their own terms without having to worry about blowing $15 for something they'll seldom play.

But regardless of whatever faulty system dynamics or interface issues, I look forward to immersing myself in Eorzea and it's story and lore once I have a PC worthy of operating it.

Same here, told myself XI would be my last MMO but once a FF fan, always one!
By Sevvy 2012-10-29 16:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how my character looks. I dont think I would change it.
By Artemicion 2012-10-29 16:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
If the game turns out good, you won't be able to keep your promises to yourselves. You'll start casual and get sucked in, or simply get sucked in right away, the way I did with XI

Aye, wishful thinking sadly.
I can't help myself when it comes to FF titles, especially when new worlds are introduced and present themselves in all their splendor.
But I am fairly determined to keep my central focus of playing XIV around smelling the roses, rather than grinding for leet gear.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-10-29 16:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Miqote's laugh always reminded me of... Gobbue!
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-10-29 16:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes me want to play this one now :<!

And on same boat, Arte.
By Avitori 2012-10-29 16:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

Aye, wishful thinking sadly.
I can't help myself when it comes to FF titles, especially when new worlds are introduced and present themselves in all their splendor.
But I am fairly determined to keep my central focus of playing XIV around smelling the roses, rather than grinding for leet gear.

The initial release of XIV ruined it so much for me I doubt i'll even give it a second chance. I definitely don't see myself being sucked into another MMO either, as I don't like the idea of starting over and FFXI has a special place in my heart since I was basically a kid when I started playing and have grown up and changed so much over the years.
 Bismarck.Lillica
Server: Bismarck
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-10-29 16:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this is an old-repeated question, but I notice the title has changed and by half-assedly paying attention when people talk about FF14 I know a lot has changed since the initial release.

That being said is this a whole new version of the game that people who haven't been playing will need to buy? I picked up 14 during the first week, hated it, played for a couple days when it became free, hated it less but still haven't played it since before they started making you pay again.

I have been losing FFXI steam though and looking for something else to play and have considered 14, but if it is a whole new game coming out, I don't think I want to invest in it again.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-10-29 16:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the female voices sound like Shion from Higurashi when they laugh. (vid spoiled cause of blood and murder and stuff.)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-29 16:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lillica said: »
Sorry if this is an old-repeated question, but I notice the title has changed and by half-assedly paying attention when people talk about FF14 I know a lot has changed since the initial release.

That being said is this a whole new version of the game that people who haven't been playing will need to buy? I picked up 14 during the first week, hated it, played for a couple days when it became free, hated it less but still haven't played it since before they started making you pay again.

I have been losing FFXI steam though and looking for something else to play and have considered 14, but if it is a whole new game coming out, I don't think I want to invest in it again.

Update is free for people who own 1.0
 Phoenix.Valory
Server: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-10-29 16:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if there are plans to allow people to play through the original storyline once 2.0 hits? That vid posted earlier kinda makes me wish I'd played for the storymode at least. I was in Beta and the gameplay itself completely turned me off.
 Carbuncle.Veteran
Server: Carbuncle
user: veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-10-29 16:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lillica said: »

If you already own XIV, then the new version will just come in a new client that is freely downloadable.
First Page 2 3