The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 157 158
 Asura.Massacres
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: hamany9
By Asura.Massacres 2018-05-16 22:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can guys guys post your savage blade sets?
By Afania 2018-05-16 22:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the other thread.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-05-16 22:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 347487

This would be an optimal set, assuming capped attack. Caro Necklace and Prosilio Belt +1 would pull ahead slightly if not capped attack. STR/WSD on cape and Herculean pieces.
By Afania 2018-05-16 22:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
ItemSet 347487

This would be an optimal set, assuming capped attack. Caro Necklace and Prosilio Belt +1 would pull ahead slightly if not capped attack. STR/WSD on cape and Herculean pieces.

Sapara +1 main hand. Odium or blurred +1 offhand depending on situations. I wouldn't consider DW sapara like army of bandwagon cors do because of sapara's delay.

Karieyh +1 over regal for capped attack, if attack not capped it would replace Rufescent instead.

It's interesting to see fotia over metalsinger in attack capped set, but admitted I haven't check fotia recently so maybe tp return now outweight metalsinger because of higher ws avg these days?

Anyways those info are in the new guide and I think it's best that people stop bumping it so whatever shows on the top are most updated info, that no one accidentally run into outdated sets.

And if anything is missing in the new guide at least we have access to update them.

Edit:
Ok just checked attack capped situation in wsd 50%:

Metalsinger: 28753
Fotia: 28481

If I add tp return it would be 28765, I guess fotia does win for capped attack sets now. Although metalsinger may still be favorable for multistep sc since tp return may not do anything if cor always ws at 1700+ tp.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-05-16 22:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot to update the weapon, HQ Sapara is the optimal mainhand, fixed. Last I checked the sheet, I found better results with 2 Saparas compared to Sapara/Blurred Knife, but the difference was absolutely minuscule, so it's more of a judgment call.

Only reason I don't recommend Karieyh is due to other solid options from Adoulin rings. It is best, though.

Yeah, only when factoring in the TP return could I get it ahead. Another minuscule difference, but that's XI for you.
[+]
By Afania 2018-05-17 01:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Forgot to update the weapon, HQ Sapara is the optimal mainhand, fixed. Last I checked the sheet, I found better results with 2 Saparas compared to Sapara/Blurred Knife, but the difference was absolutely minuscule, so it's more of a judgment call.

Oh, what I meant is, any situation that favors double sapara build,
Odium should pull further ahead due to higher stats and lower delay. Meva is icing on the cake.

Unless you have some unreasonable acc gap between tp and ws sets. I can't find a situation that allows sapara +1 to win but not Odium.....Yet.

I had odium beating blurred +1 at max sam roll. If sam roll is low then blurred +1 wins. Any time I swap to hybrid set blurred +1 also ended up winning since lower MA from other slots favors OAT a bit more.

So yes, the situation that odium wins exists. But in general, considering how often I sit in hybrid set these days, blurred +1 is realistically the best choice. Even if it's not, it's still Odium v.s blurred +1 for me, but not sapara v.s blurred.

Personally, I only use odium for closing SC, or if I know I will full time max multi attack tp set and never turtle entire run.

Edit:
Just checked sheet again, CC No.11 sam roll with job bonus, capped acc and attk. Using lowest acc tp set and stp food.

Sapara hq: 6128
Blurred hq: 6168
Odium: 6234
First Page 2 3 ... 157 158