users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Herjas Fork
Herjas Fork
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-28 20:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Herja's fork looks cool, so it's the superior weapon. End of mathematical discussion.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-06-30 20:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Malphius said: »
Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
Malphius said: »
Too bad that nobody does Neo Einherjar. I'd really like a Fork. But everyone is too busy spamming Dynamis and Pil to actually do something new.
What?

I was making an exaggerated claim that most of the populations is too concentrated on specific goals such VwNM and with their empy/relics to actually go out and do other activities with such a small selection of rewards. The old systems where only some individuals get rewarded for events is over. Obviously not to the Dev. Team but it is to the player base.

I can't see more than a small handful of people across all servers participating in Legion and Neo Einherjar. I base this on nothing but my own observations of course but I see nobody with Legion equip or the new Neo Einherjar equip. No shouts in Jeuno. No linkshells recruiting. No posts on FFXIAH server forums. I apologize for the rant but it's becoming disheartening as there are things in both of these events that I would like.
My LS does both Neo Odin and Legion, I also know a few friends in LSs that do them as well, I also have seen shouts for Neo Odin and Legion, So yeah I don't see your point.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-06-30 20:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Herja's fork looks cool, so it's the superior weapon. End of mathematical discussion.
>

But I admit, I may be biased.
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
Server: Sylph
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2012-06-30 22:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, I knew someone would come along and prove me wrong so i'm gonna move to Ragnarok. See you soon friend.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-07-08 11:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Still find it hard to believe OAT is only 7-8% WS frequency over the Fork. When I use OAT I WS all day long, nearly 55-60% DA/OAT rate getting back 20 TP per swing, getting full 100%+ TP on jumps frequently etc. I just don't see how it can only be 7-8% more WS freq and not something like 15-20% or more.

Wouldn't the larger issue with the 7-8% figure be that Herja's multiple hits apply to one attack, meaning it's much, much more likely to end up as TP overflow than the OAT hits?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-07-10 07:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Still find it hard to believe OAT is only 7-8% WS frequency over the Fork. When I use OAT I WS all day long, nearly 55-60% DA/OAT rate getting back 20 TP per swing, getting full 100%+ TP on jumps frequently etc. I just don't see how it can only be 7-8% more WS freq and not something like 15-20% or more.

Wouldn't the larger issue with the 7-8% figure be that Herja's multiple hits apply to one attack, meaning it's much, much more likely to end up as TP overflow than the OAT hits?

But TP overflow with Stardiver is fine anyway.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-07-10 08:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I'm saying that many if not most of the extra hits from Herja's won't actually increase your WS frequency (or are at least much less likely to do so than the OAT).
 Bahamut.Kujah
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kujah 2012-07-10 08:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

From my eyeball parses so far since I got Herja's, my parses in Voidwatch have improved, white damage and ws damage are upped substantially, including the odd QA procs where I've broken 5k on Ig-Alima etc, definite improvement so far! Damage boost is noticeable in Legion!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-10 09:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot to mention how much better it looks than OAT, or basicly any other polearm.
 Bahamut.Kujah
By Bahamut.Kujah 2012-07-10 09:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah! Its gorgeous!
 Valefor.Omerta
Server: Valefor
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-07-10 09:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the OAT now just dirt? :( Im almost finished mine
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-10 09:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not dirt, it's just not the BEST non-relic\mythic anymore.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-10 09:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why but when I read Herja's Fork my brain reads it in an "ermahgerd" voice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kujah
By Bahamut.Kujah 2012-07-10 09:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

OAT now really depends on your chances of obtaining Herja's, which is not going to be feasible for everyone. Took my LS 25 mins to kill HQ Odin with 25 people, then there's the matter of getting the drop and winning lots. From what has been reported so far Sword and Fork share the same drop slot too, with the polearm being the rarer of the two. It's not something every group is going to be able to do, and certainly lower success rate in PUGs.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-10 09:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you already have 60% quad-attack, OAT might pull ahead.
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-07-10 22:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2012-07-10 23:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats sir
By Ophannus 2012-07-11 10:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on Enif Corazza, but that aside, what would be the best TP setup?

Thinking:

Herja/Rose/XXX/Hagneia(do i need this if im using af3 body >_>)
Phorcys/Mala/Brutal/Ghillie+1
AF3+2/Brego/Rajas/Tyrants
Rancorous/Goading/Phorcys/AF3+2

Think that puts me at 48 STP with /SAM which equates to like 21.2 TP per hit, should be good I think and I believe I answered my own question, when I get Enif I'll lose 10stp but gain back 3 from hagneia, until then I'll probably be better off with Potestas Bomblet or Thew Bomblet.

Wondering if Rancorous Mantle is on par with Atheling, 5% crit vs 3% DA.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-11 11:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Which gives you enough STP /WAR to 5-hit with 3/4 connected hits of Stardiver if you WS in Ogier's Gauntlets(which aren't particularly terrible)
 Bahamut.Kujah
By Bahamut.Kujah 2012-07-11 12:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you want to 5/hit as sub war?

The only time sub war is really viable is in Voidwatch/Nyzul/Legion. All of which you normally have insane regain anyway.

For times without regain /sam will normally win with the 5 hit over /war.

That being said this is my current /war setup for nyzul/vw/legion etc.

Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-11 12:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Because a lack of attack is a gigantic limiting factor for the job as a whole?
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-07-11 13:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone give me an example of a good TP set for a 5hit with /SAM and Herja fork, primarily with Erzim Corazza in body?
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2012-07-11 13:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kujah said: »
The only time sub war is really viable is in Voidwatch/Nyzul/Legion.

Exactly what relevant content are you suggesting not to sub WAR for?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kujah
By Bahamut.Kujah 2012-07-11 13:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, anytime I don't have regain I'll /sam, my main point was with all the regain available in said events, 5hitting /war and wsing in Ogier hands etc is a bit counter-productive in my opinion.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-11 13:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone give me an example of a good TP set for a 5hit with /SAM and Herja fork, primarily with Erzim Corazza in body?

Posted one last page with enif. I'm going to put phorcys in the hand slot on those. I assume you meant that and not merzim?

edit: Here it is.
By Ophannus 2012-07-11 13:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking AF3+2 hands since you get more DA but set bonus with 3/5 phorcys is like 10 STR/10 DEX and you get more attack. Atheling's 3% DA wins vs 5% crit i'm assuming? And yeah I meant Enif.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-11 14:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking AF3+2 hands since you get more DA but set bonus with 3/5 phorcys is like 10 STR/10 DEX and you get more attack. Atheling's 3% DA wins vs 5% crit i'm assuming? And yeah I meant Enif.

That was my logic in the hand department. I would take the DA over Crit personally. Drg doesn't get native CAB or CR as a trait either.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-11 16:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kujah said: »
Uh, anytime I don't have regain I'll /sam, my main point was with all the regain available in said events, 5hitting /war and wsing in Ogier hands etc is a bit counter-productive in my opinion.

Yeah, I heard you, you're just not explaining why.

Whether you're universally correct or not(I'm fairly certain you're not), your conditional is pretty odd. You stand to benefit more from /SAM when Embrava is in the picture.
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-07-13 16:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This lance *seems* better but it's hard to tell really. First thing I miss is the OAT proc on Jumps which with all the DA/TA/QA gear in my Jump macro was more than a 55-60% chance at a 2hit or higher Jump which basically allowed me to WS>Jump>WS>Jump. I'm also kinda of missing those 1k+ OAT Jumps on weaker content.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-07-13 17:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This lance *seems* better but it's hard to tell really. First thing I miss is the OAT proc on Jumps which with all the DA/TA/QA gear in my Jump macro was more than a 55-60% chance at a 2hit or higher Jump which basically allowed me to WS>Jump>WS>Jump. I'm also kinda of missing those 1k+ OAT Jumps on weaker content.
This was one of the reasons I was reluctant to just make a Gungnir, and decided to work on Ryunohige. OAT lance was just so much fun. Even though it was so ugly I dat modded it for valk fork. <,<;;

I also found the WS>jump>WS thing very useful for self SC'ing in dynamis.