Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Post update gear sets
Post update gear sets
 Lakshmi.Vitali
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-29 18:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, not a fan of the damage taken on it. On trash it wouldnt matter, but higher end voidwatch/leigon/etc I wouldn't want to risk it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-29 18:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ganesha's malaaaaaaaaaaaaa
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-29 18:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Meldity said: »
it doesn't have to be practical, it's the basic foundation before having any buffs and no i'm not trolling. and anyway this is for gungnir. and yet you posted a set for drakesbane, what gives? lol
I dunno about you but that looks like a TP set to me.

Certain Legion VW mobs I can understand not wanting to use Rancor Collar/Rancorous Mantle, but if you have the means to take advantage of them (read: the capacity to change macro books, nevermind Windower) then there's really no reason not to allow yourself to use each as appropriate. NM encounters are utterly predictable, you'll know in advance when each is appropriate every time.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-29 18:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

it doesn't have to be practical, it's the basic foundation before having any buffs and no i'm not trolling. and anyway this is for gungnir. and yet you posted a set for drakesbane, what gives? lol

It's a tp set. Where did i mention drakesbane? The weapons have the same delay. This is a set I already built for my ryu, so I just linked to it.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-29 18:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Certain Legion VW mobs I can understand not wanting to use Rancor Collar/Rancorous Mantle, but if you have the means to take advantage of them (read: the capacity to change macro books, nevermind Windower) then there's really no reason not to allow yourself to use each as appropriate. NM encounters are utterly predictable, you'll know in advance when each is appropriate every time.

Yea, I suppose that's true. I'd swap in rancorous mantle then, the atheling probably hurts my AM3, but for gungnir i'd probably keep atheling in.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-29 18:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: OP has no idea how to gear a job.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-03-29 19:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a bunch of people mention Ganesha's Mala but no one actually posts it as part of a build.

Which WS is it even supposed to be best for? Drakesbane only? Because I imagine that a gorget would still win for Stardiver.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-29 19:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

what
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-29 19:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zeosilot said: »

I see a bunch of people mention Ganesha's Mala but no one actually posts it as part of a build.

Which WS is it even supposed to be best for? Drakesbane only? Because I imagine that a gorget would still win for Stardiver.

the only time i see it mentioned is in TP sets for the most part.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-29 19:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
what
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-29 19:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

duno why people are hating my item set, you people act like -10 attack and -20 acc is a *** big deal on gungnir, for the past few years i've dealt with over 9000 unnessacary acc on mobs and now when there's finally something to make up for it you guys want to poop on it.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-29 19:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

duno why people are hating my item set, you people act like -10 attack and -20 acc is a *** big deal on gungnir, for the past few years i've dealt with over 9000 unnessacary acc on mobs and now when there's finally something to make up for it you guys want to poop on it.
Uh, maybe if you only do abyssea.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-29 19:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said: »
Uh, maybe if you only do abyssea.

aren't you a smarty pants, i bet you liked the kobe 2012 video too
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-29 19:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not so much as poop on it as call it stupid, dismiss it, and carry on.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-03-29 20:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Odin.Skeero said: »
Finished up the Phorcys set last night and playing around with some gear sets.

Tp

Ws

I believe this is a 5hit after ws. Or is there something else i need?
I've yet to see any info about the set bonus for Phorcys(maybe I just missed it?) Think you could check it for us?

Do you get partial set bonuses, or is it a full set thing. And how much?

As for your gearsets, the only adjustment I can think of atm, would be Ganesha's mala. Should beat out rancor handily. But.. that's if you can get one. Voidwatch drop rates, /joy/sarcasm.

I based what I said on this post. Dude referenced Rancor (which is typically a WS item). Just confused me for a moment, disregard my question, lol.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-31 23:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I got phorys korazin last night and i must say it boosts the damage on my ws's way more than it should, everythings like paper now. anyone else feel like this?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-31 23:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

"More than it should" - what do you expect from 7% WS damage, 5% Attack, and 16 STR?
 Bismarck.Oswin
Server: Bismarck
user: Gatrie
By Bismarck.Oswin 2012-04-01 19:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just came back to the game almost two months ago and I'm not quite as cool as some of you with Gungnirs and Ryunohiges running around but I was kinda wondering about my gear set that I'm trying to complete.(Missing Mars's ring, too poor from buying alex >.<)

I have OAT Polearm so I don't need as much Store TP to maintain true 5-hit and this is the setup that works for me atm.

Main question is should I really be using Phorcys Head? You see I'm a DRG/WHM main and I really like the idea of my wyvern having an extra chance to stay alive ^^;

Any comments or critiques would be great!
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-04-01 20:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Odin.Skeero said: »
Finished up the Phorcys set last night and playing around with some gear sets.

Tp

Ws

I believe this is a 5hit after ws. Or is there something else i need?
I've yet to see any info about the set bonus for Phorcys(maybe I just missed it?) Think you could check it for us?

Do you get partial set bonuses, or is it a full set thing. And how much?

As for your gearsets, the only adjustment I can think of atm, would be Ganesha's mala. Should beat out rancor handily. But.. that's if you can get one. Voidwatch drop rates, /joy/sarcasm.

I based what I said on this post. Dude referenced Rancor (which is typically a WS item). Just confused me for a moment, disregard my question, lol.

You know I just realized he has 37dex in that tp set. I'm not sure how well it may fare with a certain mob in legion or whatnot but perhaps the use of Impact/Frost and other critical rate raisers related could potentially allow you to cap your dex over agi crit rates.

By doing this it would boost your crit rate with rancor mantle+nefarious+merits+5% base crit+star diver enfeeble+claymore grip to

40-45% crit rate

very interesting.
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-04-10 19:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

51 STP 25% Haste 42 ACC 62 ATT 5% DA
vs

21 STP 26% Haste 34 ACC 76 ATT 2% QA 11% DA(12 with new strap)

Both assuming 6 STP in the WS set (without Rose Grip accounted for) and a 3/4 Stardiver/Drakesbane.

16.628 STP WS Return on 6 hit and 17.18 on 5 hit (I forgot how to drop decimals)

Thoughts? x_x

EDIT: Both are /WAR
By Ophannus 2012-04-12 02:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

26% haste 31STP for 5hit with /SAM
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-04-12 21:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »

26% haste 31STP for 5hit with /SAM

25%, just saying. Maybe you meant to have Lancer's Pelerine?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-12 21:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: nvm. lysdexic