1x Vial of Belladonna Sap
1x Velvet Robe

Hexed Slops
Dark Crystal
1x Revival Tree Root
1x Ethereal Squama
1x Vial of Belladonna Sap
1x Pair of Velvet Slops

Commence the GP grind for Alchemic Purification and the mass slaughter of Verithreidi.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-26 18:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

! I have alchemic purification!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-26 18:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Move to Valefor please
 Cerberus.Hrasvelg
Server: Cerberus
user: Huev
By Cerberus.Hrasvelg 2012-03-26 20:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty damn excited over these. Thank you for posting this!
Did you have to make the test item after getting the "Way of the Alchemist" Key Item?
By daddyrabbit4444 2012-03-26 20:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

guy said it has to be signed do u get a option to sign this with the GP crystal? just dont wana waste my ing. if i cant sign it.
 Cerberus.Hrasvelg
By Cerberus.Hrasvelg 2012-03-26 20:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming you need to use the HQ crystal to sign it for it to count. That way people don't just buy it off the AH.

Just updated the wiki. It's not complete, but we got some info there. Alchemy main page, new expert list, as well as new KI.
By runeghost 2012-03-26 20:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ephedra ring sell for 2830 gil to npc btw.
Made 4 at 100, no skill ups, no hq, blah.
-R
 Bahamut.Valienta
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Valienta 2012-03-26 22:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Both rings are marked veteran by Seiglinde. Azima only talks about Hexed gear as stuff I could skill on.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-26 22:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna be a long, long, long road to 110.
[+]
By javelinx 2012-03-27 06:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

finally some new gil items... ppl on odin have been raping the cc-1 market for months since i stopped making them, 1M-1.5M~ each like 50 sold total, and multiple sold per day...then undercutting starts and since whoever is doing it doesn't understand how supply/demand works they drop the price to 500k/each and STILL sell 2-3/day lol....funny thing, price of dragon cuisses has gone UP, and they still buy them... /idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg lol
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-03-27 06:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

From the looks of it , its going to be the BLM/SCH Cursed set, guess I'll have to skill up on the body and hope for a fluk HQ while skilling up, that and I have to keep killing Vertradi ... ALOT.....

/sigh.
By javelinx 2012-03-27 06:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if the new cursed gears are 100-109 skill, then once we reach skill cap again with all skill+ items you'll have t1 HQ again, good gils.
By daddyrabbit4444 2012-03-27 07:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

almost positive at this point ephedra ring is not a skill up item have made dozens with no skills ups. im a sad panda
By Eluveitie 2012-03-27 07:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh more crafting skillups :| Any idea what that ephedra ring caps out at? I'm 90 so I'm wondering if it would be an easier 90-100 than these remedies etc... that need billions of never on the AH non stacking items.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2012-03-27 08:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Eluveitie said: »
Ugh more crafting skillups :| Any idea what that ephedra ring caps out at? I'm 90 so I'm wondering if it would be an easier 90-100 than these remedies etc... that need billions of never on the AH non stacking items.
Thisssssssssss
 Cerberus.Hrasvelg
By Cerberus.Hrasvelg 2012-03-27 16:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
Eluveitie said: »
Thisssssssssss

90 to 100 just stay with the old method.
Icarus wings to 93. Farm all the materials.
Platinum Nuggets to 96. (Huge loss for me here because I gave it to my Goldsmithing little brother to skill up on)
Panacea to 98.
With new synths coming out, 98+ might be different.

Happy Synthing.
By Ronoclem 2012-03-27 17:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

6 new synths and 5 of them use the same materials I'm no mathamagition but wont that end up with a huge demand on mats (prices go up) and all alchemists making the same things (Undercutting Armageddon). looks like HQ-ing will be where the money is at if you camp the Ah to get the materials. And with a new HQ tier on old synths, what is that gonna do to the prices. I was hoping for reraiser III pots, plague bolts and amnesia ammo, for some real steady earners to skill up on =( oh well.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-03-27 18:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

One small problem....

Hallowed Water is a L 51 synth yet my L 100 alchemist, running at 106, finds it too high a level for her alchemy skill.

Seriously, WTF??? Bug or feature?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-03-27 18:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have Alchemic Purification? It requires 40k GP and only a handful of Alchemists had ever bothered to pick it up.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-27 18:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
One small problem....

Hallowed Water is a L 51 synth yet my L 100 alchemist, running at 106, finds it too high a level for her alchemy skill.

Seriously, WTF??? Bug or feature?
You need the KI Alchemic Purification, so I would say "learn to use wiki."
By daddyrabbit4444 2012-03-27 20:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone got a skill up yet on ephreda ring? or is this like a 100 cap item
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-27 21:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The rings are both Veteran items, hence why one of them is the test item to get Expert. The only skillup synths we have are the five pieces of cursed gear. Yes, it's bad.

Also, thanks SE for adding a use for a 40k GP KI that can only make one *** item. You're real champs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hrasvelg
By Cerberus.Hrasvelg 2012-03-28 03:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did everyone here get the "Way of the Alchemist" KI? I talked to Abd-al-Raziq and he asked me for that instead of the Ring. I'm sitting at less than 1000 guild points to get it.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-03-28 10:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Do you have Alchemic Purification? It requires 40k GP and only a handful of Alchemists had ever bothered to pick it up.

Thanks, here I thought all I needed was Anima Synthesis which I already had.
 Leviathan.Dethard
user: Archaos
By Leviathan.Dethard 2012-04-02 06:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It is going to be a nightmare skilling up to 110 with all the synths requiring ethereal squama.

I killed Verthandi 5 times yesterday and didnt get a single ethereal squama. If you work out on average 3 synths for a 0.1 skill up (which in most cases would be a good skill-up rate for high level crafting) then you are going to need 300 ethereal squama to level to cap. Add to the equation that it is not a 100% drop and that works out as an awful lot of Verthandi kills, not to mention the lesser tier VNM's to get the abyssite to spawn it.

Whats the point in giving a crafting cap increase then making it almost impossible to reach!!!!!
 Leviathan.Dethard
user: Archaos
By Leviathan.Dethard 2012-04-02 06:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hrasvelg said: »
Did everyone here get the "Way of the Alchemist" KI? I talked to Abd-al-Raziq and he asked me for that instead of the Ring. I'm sitting at less than 1000 guild points to get it.

You need to get the KI first then speak to him again and he will ask for the ring.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-04-02 07:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dethard said: »
It is going to be a nightmare skilling up to 110 with all the synths requiring ethereal squama. I killed Verthandi 5 times yesterday and didnt get a single ethereal squama. If you work out on average 3 synths for a 0.1 skill up (which in most cases would be a good skill-up rate for high level crafting) then you are going to need 300 ethereal squama to level to cap. Add to the equation that it is not a 100% drop and that works out as an awful lot of Verthandi kills, not to mention the lesser tier VNM's to get the abyssite to spawn it. Whats the point in giving a crafting cap increase then making it almost impossible to reach!!!!!

Totally agree here unless there is some otehr way to get ethereal squama, I killed 5 T3 today all with TH10, all I got was 3 Black abyssite and a few plat ingot, not a single ethereal.......

I went 1/30 on each T2 -> T3. I srsly hope there is more recipes to skill up on . . . this is stupid.
By Ronoclem 2012-04-03 11:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm waiting to see how alchemy 110 is going to go but at the moment I'm considering leaving alchemy at 99 and taking another craft higher e.g. bonecraft to 80 and making my own anima and rr gorgets.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2012-04-03 11:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not skilling anything up until they have stopped raising caps. The last thing I want to do is focus on woodworking, only to find I need to de-skill it to suit whatever new recipes come in the future.
 Cerberus.Hrasvelg
By Cerberus.Hrasvelg 2012-04-04 02:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The Belladonna Sap and Ethereareaasdfemial Squerma drop on the new tiers of VWNM. Sap is already confirmed. I'd say wait a month out or so and we should be seeing synths at roughly 30 to 100K a piece. Stay positive everyone!
First Page 2