Alchemy 65+ - Good Skill Ups?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Alchemy » Alchemy 65+ - Good Skill ups?
Alchemy 65+ - Good Skill ups?
First Page 2
 Garuda.Ijelle
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Ijelle
By Garuda.Ijelle 2009-05-05 23:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alrighty, so, I'm currently 65 Alchemy, and I'm having difficulties finding something good to skill on.

Remedies = suck.
Paralysis Dust = great, but mats are almost never around.
Fixing Broken Halcyon Rods = great, but I can't get my own rod to break, or find many around on AH.
Anima = Don't have key item, or the time to farm memories for synths.

So basically I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on A. getting more mats or B. alternate, cheap synths. >..>

Any help is appreciated! ^.^
 Phoenix.Liquefier
Server: Phoenix
user: Liquefier
By Phoenix.Liquefier 2009-05-05 23:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

if u want to break halcyon rods go fishing on the boat from selbina to mharua. I would reccomend trying to grow your own puffballs with grain seeds, u don't even have to feed them a crystal just check them for 2 days. You can synth those into paradust/potions. You might also want to try fishing on the coast of gusty right outside Bastok Mines during the nighttime for Ogre Eels to synth into venom potions, then venom bolts for skillups. The eels only bite at night though.
[+]
 Caitsith.Traril
Server: Caitsith
user: nibbets
By Caitsith.Traril 2009-05-05 23:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You could try hi-ethers to 69. If you'd rather not do that then you could try to make a deal with a fisherman to have them fish up the three-eyed fish to make the paralysis dust.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-05 23:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you said Remedy's suck but...Mistletoe used to be so high because RMT bought them like wildfire and sold Remedy's to NPC's for profit...so I hear. Never did the math though, and I assume that doesn't work since the price on Mistle's plummeted. Try looking it up. It might not be so bad after all. :)
 Garuda.Ijelle
Server: Garuda
user: Ijelle
By Garuda.Ijelle 2009-05-05 23:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
I know you said Remedy's suck but...Mistletoe used to be so high because RMT bought them like wildfire and sold Remedy's to NPC's for profit...so I hear. Never did the math though, and I assume that doesn't work since the price on Mistle's plummeted. Try looking it up. It might not be so bad after all. :)

Well Remedy NPC price was gimped a while back, so they only sell for around 400g/ea to NPC right now. The reason I said they suck though, is I get almost 0 skill ups on them. Two stacks of mats got me less than half a level, where as x12 Three-Eyed Fish net me 0.5-1.5 levels or more (usually). They also break, a lot. ._. I average losing 6-all 8 mats when I break, even with advanced support.

As far as breaking my halcyon rod on selbina->Mhaura ferry, I tried that, I only get line breaks. @_@
 Kujata.Jennypoo
Server: Kujata
user: xial
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-05-07 00:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I relied on hi ethers from 65-69 they resell to npc for 1000 g each so its not a huge loss, and the materials are pretty easy to get.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-05-26 14:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sleep Bolt heads till 67, Venom Potion to 68, provided you did a similar route to me and saved all your Sleeping Potions and Venom Dust :/

(but I assume if you did you wouldn't have made this post :/)
 Seraph.Lucipherious
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Lucipherious 2009-05-28 14:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can farm your materials here's a good option. Personally when I lvl up a craft I go for recipes with materials that are abundant on the AH or guild, but sometimes it just makes sense to take some time to go out and get the mats yourself.(big reason why I leveled thf to 75, subsequently made it alot easier with my BC100 and in-progress LC75)

Mistletoe and puffballs drop from same mob. These mobs used to be heavily camped, but nowadays, not so much.

You can kill 2 birds with 1 stone basicly(or in this case Trees). Use mistletoes for remedy, and puffballs for paralys dust. The dust will come in handy later when you can turn them into paralyze potions.

A little bit of farming time could make this level gap a bit easier to get through.

If farming is not an option, then Hi-ethers are definately the way to go for now, tho you will just end up running into same problem later when you wanna push higher into the 70s and the only reasonble synth are paralyze potions and no dust on AH :\

happy synthing.
 Fenrir.Coralee
Server: Fenrir
user: Coralee
By Fenrir.Coralee 2009-05-28 14:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely post on forums but just wanted to add a tidbit of info I got from a friend that was really useful for me. Take a look at some of the weapons that can be crafted for under 10k a synth, then look up what they can be vendored for on the FFXIclopedia link. Many of them can be vendored for either break-even or slight profit.

For example, at level 70 you can synth the Saber (using advanced synthesis support for a couple levels) for 10,754 gil give-or-take on Fenrir server, and vendor for 10,378 (or more if you have higher fame in the city you're selling in). Of course, prices vary server to server but you get the idea.

I'm pretty sure I leveled to 68 on remedies, but I try to use the weapon theory as much as possible.

Hope this helps, good luck! =)
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-06-02 17:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can find maul's on auction, you can make them into Holy Maul's as well, and NPC them for a SLIGHT profit. I only found 3, though.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [750 days between previous and next post]
By Eluveitie 2011-06-22 15:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Mauls drop fairly often off the WHM pillbugs in beadoux. They drop reraise too that npc for like 2k(unless they gimped it).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-03 19:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring the disturbingly large necrobump above me, I'm commandeering this thread.
My current Alchemy skill is 81, and at the moment it seems the only option until I'm capable of making gold nuggets/icky wings would be Holy leather.
And it's terrible
I can easily make my own holy water and get my own light crystals in no time in sky, but Ram Leather prices are just silly. I feel I'd be losing a lot of money, as even with npcing the end result, I'd be losing a very significant amount of money for such a large jump in skill.
So I ask you, is there perhaps another means in which one would be able to get to a level where synthing icky wings or something would be plausible, because otherwise this looks to be a very painful 6 levels >_>
Thanks in advance ;x

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-03 19:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

But to make my own ram leather I'd need to have leather craft at some stupid 40ish level or whatever
and that's work

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-09-03 20:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

what about polyflan?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-03 20:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
what about polyflan?
It's a little bit cheaper yeah, I tried it, the only issue is getting the materials, hardly ever any chimmy blood or flan meat on AH
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-03 20:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've also been trying to make stun claws whenever there's any Paralyze Potions up on AH, those are pretty much break even

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-09-03 20:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did holy leather. It's better to power it out to start making gil back faster. Time is money. After leather, go with whatever you can the get the most materials fastest.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-09-03 20:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
I just did holy leather. It's better to power it out to start making gil back faster. Time is money. After leather, go with whatever you can the get the most materials fastest.

I did the same thing. I'm only 88 at the moment but it was fast leveling due to being able to make my own holy waters and ram leather/skin being readily available.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-03 20:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try doing a few dragon hearts, if they sell for less than 10k then they won't be much of a loss at all I suppose
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-03 20:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I guess I'll try to just push through the Holy Leathers, have like 6 stacks of holy water and light crystals in my dbox I've had on reserve for this moment ._.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-09-03 20:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You could try gold nuggets with support.
I don't know your servers prices but it looks like a profittable synth too.

Alchemy 88

Fire crystal~

gold leaf
Panacea

yield: gold nugget x9
By Haist 2011-09-30 13:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My alchemy just hit 87 and with support im getting great skillups on Icarus wings, you could also try espadons which cap @90 (3 cermet 1 couerl leather)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [289 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Chaotickitty
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Chaotickitty 2012-07-15 20:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Need help stuck at 69. Whats easiest to craft right now w/o traveling or needing support and has a low indigent list?
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-07-15 20:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Chaotickitty said: »
Need help stuck at 69. Whats easiest to craft right now w/o traveling or needing support and has a low indigent list?
If you got to 69 on venom potions then go grab support and do venom bolt heads. Little bit of a gap but its cheap and you should have a ton of potions by now and I see you already have the 14smithing for subcraft
Edit. just saw you said no support, but seriously just go get support. Or else you are gonna have to pay alot more for that 1 level.
 Phoenix.Brucie
Server: Phoenix
user: Demon
By Phoenix.Brucie 2012-07-15 20:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i did spartan bullets from 66-70...worked out nice since needed em for skill up anyhow in my opinion
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2012-07-15 21:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

paralyze potion are easy to make since the mats are abundant.
First Page 2