DRG relic+2 stats
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Eriina
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Eriina
By Caitsith.Eriina 2011-11-20 20:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I realize this is probably late, but I had a heck of a time finding the drg specific information this morning, so I figured I'd copy down the JP and repost it here in case any other drgs haven't found it yet.

竜騎士
WMアーメット+2 頭 全種 -------------竜------ Lv99  Ex  Rare 防23 HP+22 STR+7 VIT+7 攻+4 飛竜:ブレス効果アップ2
WMメイル+2 胴 全種 -------------竜------ Lv99  Ex  Rare 防64 HP+46 攻+8 回避+8 ヘイスト+3% 飛竜:サポートジョブ能力追加
WMフィンガー+2 両手 全種 -------------竜------ Lv99  Ex  Rare 防25 HP+22 MP+22 DEX+6 AGI+6 命中+9 飛竜:被魔法ダメージ-7%
WMブレー+2 両脚 全種 -------------竜------ Lv99  Ex  Rare 防42 HP+18 STR+7 DEX+7 ハイジャンプ効果アップ2 飛竜:被物理ダメージ-7%
WMグリーヴ+2 両足 全種 -------------竜------ Lv99  Ex  Rare 防21 HP+14 STR+7 VIT+7 攻+7 飛竜:HP+10%

DRG
(all of these are lvl 99 and rare/ex)
Wyrm Armet+2
Def:23 HP+22 STR+7 VIT+7 atk+4 Wyvern: enhances breath effect 2.

Wyrm Mail+2
Def:64 HP+46 atk+8 eva+8 haste+3% Wyvern: adds support job abilities.

Wyrm Finger Gauntlets+2
Def:25 HP+22 MP+22 DEX+6 AGI+6 acc+9 Wyvern: magic damage taken -7%.

Wyrm Brais+2
Def:42 HP+18 STR+7 DEX+7 Increases "High Jump" effect 2. Wyvern: physical damage taken -7%.

Wyrm Greaves+2
Def:21 HP+14 STR+7 VIT+7 atk+7 Wyvern: HP +10%.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-11-20 20:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than hat and feet for cures, total trash (not surprising).
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-11-20 20:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless they are making it so we can augment the gear, to me all it looks like is they have changed all the relic armor into what it should have been in the first place at 75.
[+]
 Alexander.Almostunsane
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2011-11-20 21:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So now we'll need a second pair of greaves for a wyvern HHP set D:?

(Please tell me I'm not the only person who was bored enough to make one of those)
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-11-20 21:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mail looks sexy for Eva and still rocking haste.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2011-11-22 06:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »

Um body with 3% haste? Capped haste while not relying on Bullwhip *Can use goading* or haste +4% pants *Can use the DBL/TRP attack +3% pants*. Having a body with 3% haste opens a lot of room for change in a reg TP set. Of course, a person who cant play a job to its full potential wouldnt understand how to maximize its output.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-11-22 06:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
Asura.Leonlionheart said: »

Um body with 3% haste? Capped haste while not relying on Bullwhip *Can use goading* or haste +4% pants *Can use the DBL/TRP attack +3% pants*. Having a body with 3% haste opens a lot of room for change in a reg TP set. Of course, a person who cant play a job to its full potential wouldnt understand how to maximize its output.
But then you need to consider the fact that the stp you gain from goading is already being lost when you remove af3+2 body, not to mention a plethora of accuracy for evasive content like voidwatch, extra attack, and of course the lack of food effects for the lil blue guy (which although he's not a great influence on your damage, it still helps).

On the other hand, since you're resorting to ad hominem arguments, I can only assume you wrote that post just for the sake of argument.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2011-11-27 11:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Making up something like STP isnt hard to do with a lot of spaces not being wasted with +1% haste in order to cap (Lancer's back, blitz ring etc). The bigger loss like you said would be the DD stats that come with the +2 body. Going back to what I said though, it opens up options and over-looking it would be your own personal loss. Ofc its more of a solo piece *OP forgot to add +15 parrying skill i suppose* due to HP and other stuff, but I guess only ppl who enjoy different aspects of a job could see the benefits for certain pieces. *Btw giving wyvern subjob traits can be just as useful as giving food effects, try experimenting with the job rather than cookie-cutter builds you see on every DRG*
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-11-27 11:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

*Btw giving wyvern subjob traits can be just as useful as giving food effects, try experimenting with the job rather than cookie-cutter builds you see on every DRG*
Can't really compare wyvern subjob traits to wyvern having food, when you can have both at the same time while using the vastly superior "cookie-cutter" body. AF3+2 cuts better cookies than relic. And I'm sure we all like cookies.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2011-11-27 14:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this was obvious but ill spell it out simply, these relic upgrades arent build to go into regular, in pt, TP/WS builds. The upgrades are built to aide DRG solo more so than actually increase DMG output. Adding subjob traits from /BLU for example *Attack/Defense bonus, etc* as well as being able to cap haste *Without having -75 HP and all resist. or not being able to cure yourself* while casting haste on yourself is very useful solo. Definitely more useful than extra acc that DRG doesnt need *Acc traits duh* and attack/STP that is easily made up. Giving your wyvern more attack/DMG output only adds to the hate it will already get by the 700+ HP cures.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-27 14:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing you said was really all that logical.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-27 14:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
First PLD eva, now DRG eva? :'( whaaaaaat
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-11-27 15:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »

problem?
far from ideal but just throw it together from what i had laying around the other day.
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2011-11-27 15:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

that body takes the prestige away from getting the -1 to drop in tav.... ffxi has hit a new lvl of "easy mode"
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-27 15:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding subjob traits from /BLU for example *Attack/Defense bonus, etc* as well as being able to cap haste *Without having -75 HP and all resist.

Giving your wyvern more attack/DMG output only adds to the hate it will already get by the 700+ HP cures.

Just two things I'd like to note.

#1 Wyrm mail doesn't work with /blu traits. Probly due to their variable/settable nature, but your wyvern will get nothing from /blu. Which sucks.

#2 Healing breaths are 0 enmity. They won't even put your wyvern on the hate list. You can have someone pull a mob, and kick back while your wyvern bombs them with cure after cure, but your wyvern will never get hate unless he attacks the mob.

If your wyvern gets hate during solo, it's because you're getting your *** kicked and not doing enough DMG to counter the enmity loss.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-27 15:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

problem?
Yeah, on anything that a DRG evading would be handy you wouldn't evade a damn thing(C-, 305 eva at 90). Also, it's hard to trigger a .5 second spell and heal yourself for 800.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-11-27 18:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2011-11-27 18:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting kind of sick of the whole "Hey let's beef up wyverns damage with HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE pieces of armor". It still doesn't change the fact that your parse is going to tell you that your wyvern is doing 0.5% of the damage in the alliance(unless for some reason the lvl is 10 above the mobs), but wait drg is a solo job! herpaderp!

Well at least the armet and greaves are awesome hp bonus's.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-27 19:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

hands are awesome too! Wyvern: magic damage taken -7% <3
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-11-27 20:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

problem?
Yeah, on anything that a DRG evading would be handy you wouldn't evade a damn thing(C-, 305 eva at 90). Also, it's hard to trigger a .5 second spell and heal yourself for 800.

what aren't you evading other than voidwatch?

thf got 300~ eva skill at lv 80~81, at 85 i remember seeing all sorts of thf tanks for anything abyssea related and thats not even taking into account the 5 levels we just got >.>
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-27 20:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol at even comparing DRG to THF evasion. THF is capable of getting 500+ evasion easily.
396+60(Eva bonus V)+50(less than average eva build)... some THFs are probably even in the 600 range.

I'm not saying DRG won't evade anything ever, but if something is that dangerous and you're wasting that many slots on evasion, you should probably be stacking -PDT, revise your healing breath macro, or not be DRG because you will get hit regardless..
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-11-27 20:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think it would be extremely efficient, but I'd think a drg with a decent eva build wouldn't be an issue for any seal/+2 farming inside abyssea

and as far as outside abyssea, nyzul/salvage/dyna/assaults/missions i dont see why it would be an issue, drg has more eva now than thf had at 75.

Where i see it being a realistic problem would be on some more accurate abyssea mobs or ones with bad spells/tp moves, and voidwatch, and possibly the new HKCNM's or whatever
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-27 20:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »
and as far as outside abyssea, nyzul/salvage/dyna/assaults/missions i dont see why it would be an issue, drg has more eva now than thf had at 75.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-11-27 22:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres a bit of a conundrum with gearing evasion for the lower level junk you listed. Its lower level junk. You can /sam, stick up siegan and just use 1 min cure breaths in full DD gear and beat the hell outta 75 cap content.

Suggesting evasion gear for trash mobs is silly when you can face tank them /mage while getting hit for 30 damage or just /sam with occasional siegan use if damage taken gets out of hand.

You dont need eva on trash mobs because you can cure bomb while beating the bejesus outta them. If something can actually be evaded by drg, you can beat its face in with 2 drakesbanes and use healing breath. If it is something dangerous enough that you are considering additional survival tools you get lead into this statment:

Quote:
I'm not saying DRG won't evade anything ever, but if something is that dangerous and you're wasting that many slots on evasion, you should probably be stacking -PDT, revise your healing breath macro, or not be DRG because you will get hit regardless..

Catch 22. Anything drg can evade you dont NEED to evade. Anythign you NEED to evade, drg cant.

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »
^ this. So much this. Rate up again if i could.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-11-27 22:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

that evasion setup is what an 8 hit build? >.>;;;
 Leviathan.Koukennin
Server: Leviathan
user: koukennin
By Leviathan.Koukennin 2011-11-27 22:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Meldity said: »
I'm getting kind of sick of the whole "Hey let's beef up wyverns damage with HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE pieces of armor". It still doesn't change the fact that your parse is going to tell you that your wyvern is doing 0.5% of the damage in the alliance(unless for some reason the lvl is 10 above the mobs), but wait drg is a solo job! herpaderp!

Well at least the armet and greaves are awesome hp bonus's.

In a game where everyone is concerned about min/maxing stuff, I'm amazed that people don't care about having their wyvern do some extra damage. Calling your wyvern in relic body, then eating food with AF3+2 will add a decent amount without any effort on your part. Throwing on some post WS gear to make breaths better doesn't hurt either. It's the difference between it doing .5% and 2%, which may not seem like a big deal, but it's damage you weren't doing before.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-11-27 22:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
Theres a bit of a conundrum with gearing evasion for the lower level junk you listed. Its lower level junk. You can /sam, stick up siegan and just use 1 min cure breaths in full DD gear and beat the hell outta 75 cap content.

Suggesting evasion gear for trash mobs is silly when you can face tank them /mage while getting hit for 30 damage or just /sam with occasional siegan use if damage taken gets out of hand.

You dont need eva on trash mobs because you can cure bomb while beating the bejesus outta them. If something can actually be evaded by drg, you can beat its face in with 2 drakesbanes and use healing breath. If it is something dangerous enough that you are considering additional survival tools you get lead into this statment:

Quote:

Catch 22. Anything drg can evade you dont NEED to evade. Anythign you NEED to evade, drg cant.

sorry i didn't mean to say "use evasion gear for EP~too weak mobs", what i was trying to get at is he was saying that drg cant evade mobs when it just isnt the case.

hell in abyssea you dont even need evasion gear, pocket whms seem to be a dime a dozen these days
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-11-27 23:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in case people are looking at body and thinking it's ok (obviously evasion is moot), here.

Edit: btw, it's the most common drop from Uptala.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-11-27 23:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

People really? lol
First Page 2