Anyone Sticking Around After Pay To Play?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Servers » Karnak » Anyone sticking around after pay to play?
Anyone sticking around after pay to play?
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2011-10-22 11:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, since Karnak seems to be so empty outside of the cities, so I'm curious to see how the population is going to be after they start charging people money.

There's no server hop options yet for XIV, is there?
By Zenaku14 2011-10-22 11:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I be staying but not in your world most ppl reroll over to selbina and such. But i think it not going to be that low many people are willing to pay for the game just how it is and 1.20 going to make the market ward into pretty much a AH like FFXI.

Sadly no there no FFXIV server hop yet.
By lvicious 2011-10-22 13:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

definitely paying and staying on Wutai even if they offer a server move. People everywhere in and outside of the cities here. I always expected pay to play to start the end of this year or 1Q of 2012 so that is no surprise to me.

The pdf files, roadmap, etc they have laid out and the changes are well more than enough to start paying. I expect little drop off in population on our server. Way too many people still playing and they wouldn't be putting in time after that announcement if they were going to up and quit or wait till 4Q of 2013. Who would wait 2 years to play a game again. >.>
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2011-10-22 13:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmm... So far it just sounds like my server is lacking in the population side of things. Is there something akin to Whitegate / Jeuno in this game yet? Maybe my server is all hanging out in some centralized place that isn't Ul'dah and the surrounding camps? Been on a long hiatus from the game due to basically pouring extra time into XI the past few months, so no clue really as to how this game is setup as far as low / middle / endgame content is concerned.

Hopefully as more features are added and tweaked, I got more people to mess with. Haven't played since... April or May, and just found out they put in travel options as well as the pending payments come December or so. Trying to mess with it again to see if it's worthy of my money alongside XI, or if I'd be better off casually playing another MMO on the side.
By Karbine 2011-10-22 14:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Hmmmm... So far it just sounds like my server is lacking in the population side of things. Is there something akin to Whitegate / Jeuno in this game yet? Maybe my server is all hanging out in some centralized place that isn't Ul'dah and the surrounding camps? Been on a long hiatus from the game due to basically pouring extra time into XI the past few months, so no clue really as to how this game is setup as far as low / middle / endgame content is concerned.

Hopefully as more features are added and tweaked, I got more people to mess with. Haven't played since... April or May, and just found out they put in travel options as well as the pending payments come December or so. Trying to mess with it again to see if it's worthy of my money alongside XI, or if I'd be better off casually playing another MMO on the side.

I wonder if they will offer a discount incentive once again like they planned at launch to pay for both at same time. The original plan was to take half off of the XI subscription if you had both subscribed on your account at the same time.

As far as if I will p2p or not, it really depends on the tools they put out in 1.20 to find people for parties and content. From what I've seen around the community it looks like about 1/3 won't be paying and I really want to be able to effectively search for others to do content with and EXP when p2p happens and the population inevitably takes a dip. As far as if the game is WORTH the fee in content? Yes absolutely.
By Calemero 2011-10-22 14:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

hey look. another one of these threads!
By Gonks 2011-10-22 16:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

People cant check old thread titles I guess...
By Petori 2011-10-22 16:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup yup. Even though I'm poor.
MSPaint Winner
By OhjiMithra 2011-10-22 16:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup. Even stocking up on Crysta to play both XIV and XI
 Alexander.Jukie
Server: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2011-10-22 18:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to stay but I dunno if I can afford it
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2011-10-22 21:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Calemero said: »
Gonks said: »

People can't check that this thread was posted under and adressing a specific server I guess...
By Calemero 2011-10-22 21:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kowen said: »
Calemero said: »
Gonks said: »

People can't check that this thread was posted under and adressing a specific server I guess...

I know where it's posted and I stand by my "hey look. another one of these threads!" lmao
 Alexander.Miradj
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Miradj 2011-10-22 22:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not staying. Rift already has all the things FFXIV will be adding over the next 2 years and then some. Better class system, good PvP, way better dungeons, free server transfers, ability to make as many free alts as you want, good UI, tons of players, easy to use cross-server party-forming tool, frequent content updates, etc.
By Calemero 2011-10-22 23:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Rift already has all the things FFXIV will be adding over the next 2 years and then some.

ahahahahaha
By knocker 2011-10-23 00:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sticking around. My roomate played from release and I looked at it and said, WTF?! I started a couple months afterward and enjoyed it but had problems, I would scream at the UI and server lag, and keep comparing it to XI, but now, really, the new team has made it great. A lot of good stuff is coming and even at this point it is fun. I will pay to play.
By Yves 2011-10-23 02:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I pay for sex so I don't see the problem with paying for XIV. Although, $15 is a lot of *** in Thailand...
[+]
 Deg
By Deg 2011-10-23 10:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Or 1 really good one
By Zenaku14 2011-10-23 11:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yves said: »
I pay for sex so I don't see the problem with paying for XIV. Although, $15 is a lot of *** in Thailand...

Why ppl keep thinking ffxiv cost 15$? if it's 12.99 a month o.o
By knocker 2011-10-23 12:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mules? I have two for storing crafting mats. That would bring it to $15.
By dt415 2011-10-23 13:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought the extra toon was $3 each?
By Yves 2011-10-23 14:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Zenaku Yamada said: »
Yves said: »

Why ppl keep thinking ffxiv cost 15$? if it's 12.99 a month o.o

Nice. With the extra $2.01 I can get some coke to go with my hookers.
[+]
By Garlend 2011-10-23 21:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Jukie said: »
I want to stay but I dunno if I can afford it

But if you don't play then the LS will die. :(
By slipispsycho 2011-10-23 22:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Uce Supreme said: »
i thought the extra toon was $3 each?
[+]
By stikle 2011-10-23 23:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be sticking around. I'm sure I'll stay on my current server as well.
By dt415 2011-10-24 01:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

is it not $3 extra?
By Petori 2011-10-24 02:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As chobocos are not horsebirds, characters are not toons.
[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-10-24 05:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i'll be paying, even tho i won't have a ton of time to play anymore. basicly just help support 2.0.
[+]
By Calemero 2011-10-24 08:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
i'll be paying, even tho i won't have a ton of time to play anymore. basicly just help support 2.0.

/highfive
By Snomm 2011-10-24 10:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I planned on paying from the beginning so I will definitely be paying to play.

Fact: I spend more than twice FFXIV's (coming soon) monthly fee for the data plan on my phone so I can use the internet for whatever and I honestly play this game more than I use my phone so ya...I will pay the game's monthly fee.

If you don't want to pay to play, simply wait or quit outright...not a big deal...you might kick yourself later for doing so, but whatever, that's life.
[+]
First Page 2