AF3 Question.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » AF3 question.
AF3 question.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2011-10-18 22:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lancer Cuissots +1 which have "Enhances Soul Jump Effect"
What exactly does that do?

Also when macro'ing a piece like that in for jump, does there need to be a wait time between putting the piece on and using jump?

Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Amador
Server: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-10-18 23:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What we know is that the +1 version increase critical hit damage by 5%, +2 by 10%.

If the macro equipping the gear is the same macro as the one for the action, then yes. /wait 1 will suffice.

If you are using separate macros such as: (Alt-1, 2) for gear, and 3 for the Jump Action then no.

We do not know what Enhances Soul Jump Effect means.

What we know that it doesn't do is:

Increase Damage
Increase Range
Increase TP Gain

What it could potentially do that has not been tested:

Further decrease hate on the action Soul Jump (Could potentially be tested with Libra, since it generates little hate at all even when dealing significantly high damage, the test would be pointless.)

Increase Critical Hit Rate when Wyvern is not present (Since Jumps are like regular attacks that can critical, and since Soul Jump is not 100% Critical when Wyvern is not present this would be a logical assumption)

Things to note:

Slightly irrelevant, however similar Wyrm Brais were believed (Never tested thoroughly) to further reduce the Dragoon's Enmity after using High Jump.

Possible that the idea behind "Enhances Soul Jump" is the same as Wyrm Brais.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-10-18 23:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you never need /waits between gear swaps and abilities. I've had no wait in my flee macro for years and I always get the extra 15 seconds from AF feet.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dragonfate
Server: Phoenix
user: robersua
By Phoenix.Dragonfate 2011-11-03 14:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you do get more tp when you use it when i had 30tp i used Soul Jump and it gave me 85-100tp. and ya i was useing the Lancer Cuissots +1
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-03 14:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dragonfate said: »
you do get more tp when you use it when i had 30tp i used Soul Jump and it gave me 85-100tp. and ya i was useing the Lancer Cuissots +1

Soul Jump
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-03 14:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Pretty sure you never need /waits between gear swaps and abilities. I've had no wait in my flee macro for years and I always get the extra 15 seconds from AF feet.

As inclined as I am to dissagree with Amador, for the sole purpose of being the fly in his ointment, I think you do.

I have /waits in all my macros. If I try to shorten the timers on some of them, things go wrong. My breath macro is a cluster of /waits to trigger and if the /wait were not necessary I wouldn't have healing breath fail when I didn't get af helm on at the correct hp.

Then again, it could be lag causing the problem but I am literally a block away from my ISPs hub and I can ping single digits in some games.

Also to Amador's credit, I recall losing my first Combat Caster arrow to a unlimited shot macro without a wait in it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-03 14:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaths have always been extremely weird about gear timing, particularly wyvern HP gear. Weapons and probably ammo are also notorious for this, as can be seen if you ever go from single/dual-wield to a two-hand weapon and try to equip a grip immediately, or vice-versa when trying to equip DW weapons. On the other hand, I generally don't increase precastdelay and I don't have issues unless I'm lagging very badly.

Quote:
Possible that the idea behind "Enhances Soul Jump" is the same as Wyrm Brais.
I think Spirit/Soul Jump were tested to generate the lowest amount of hate possible (1 CE), though I don't recall if this was both with and without the wyvern present.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-03 14:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a minimum time between being able to swap. If your gear is just changed from an action you took and then you try to swap the same slot due to another JA you used, it could misfire due to that slot being temporarily locked but other than some other interference with a manual swap or such then the the packet telling the gear to swap gets to the server before your JA does and your fine.

You don't need waits unless you want to ensure that something you just did won't screw up the next action you take and depending on how you do gear swaps, this may matter or it may not.

Edit: Wyvern hp gear is entirely a different matter. I think it procs on the next tick after you gear it because it tends to be so random.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-03 14:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
There is a minimum time between being able to swap. If your gear is just changed from an action you took and then you try to swap the same slot due to another JA you used, it could misfire due to that slot being temporarily locked but other than some other interference with a manual swap or such then the the packet telling the gear to swap gets to the server before your JA does and your fine. You don't need waits unless you want to ensure that something you just did won't screw up the next action you take and depending on how you do gear swaps, this may matter or it may not. Edit: Wyvern hp gear is entirely a different matter. I think it procs on the next tick after you gear it because it tends to be so random.

That might have been my problem. I tended to ws > jump > jump > ws as fast as possible and it would probably chain-lock my gear.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-03 16:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why macros and xmls need to be tested in the field. Real situations are going to be sending commands at odd intervals and often faster than you can swap gear in many situations. An isolated test can't tell you if you're going to have problems even if the gear swaps in and out properly on your tests.