Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Some constructive Criticism
Some constructive Criticism
First Page 2 3
By Keyera 2011-10-07 00:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been thinking about my tp gear for sam since the introduction of the new 95 cap and i was wondering what you all thought of this

It would hit haste cap and finish my 5-hit build since (i THINK) it gives ~20.5tp/hit and my ws gear will be 18tp. the match checks out okay, but i was wondering if this would be pretty solid before i made any big gestures towards using it. thanks much!
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-10-07 00:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

tyrant's ring

Be rid of that accursed Hoard ring.
[+]
By Keyera 2011-10-07 00:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i completely forgot to add that :x lawl. my bad. i blame it being late!
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-07 00:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Something can still be said for 6hitting/capped haste/zanshin for certain situations as well.

Edit: I'm assuming your moonshade is regain since it's in your tp set, with Masa that's a big hit to your wsdmg. Also, you're losing out on Zanshin bonus from AF3+2 domaruuuu in that set which is a big negative. I really wanted to get rid of the ugly thing too but meh. Can't yet.
By Keyera 2011-10-07 01:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »

Something can still be said for 6hitting/capped haste/zanshin for certain situations as well.

Edit: I'm assuming your moonshade is regain since it's in your tp set, with Masa that's a big hit to your wsdmg. Also, you're losing out on Zanshin bonus from AF3+2 domaruuuu in that set which is a big negative. I really wanted to get rid of the ugly thing too but meh. Can't yet.

no, its attack+4/tp bonus. my brain is derping all over and i couldnt remember which earring i was planning on using :PX

sneaky edit: af3 earring duh
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2011-10-10 08:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a question probably should start my own thread for it but as long as we're on the topic of 6 hit builds any one know the exact delay of a 437 coupled with a sword strap? was thinking of the following for a 6-hit:

assuming i end up ditching the idea of the sword strap i left ring 2 blank for suggestions (atm considering demonry or tyrants) since this build doesn't need any more STP (save for over tp for more dammage maybe?)

also Rearden: you had me confused for a bit your set allows for 5hit with aftermath right?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-10 10:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

437*(1-0.03)=?

Sure is lazy in here.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-10 11:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why assume you end up ditching Sword Strap? Its still your best option.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-10-10 16:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Keyera said: »
I have been thinking about my tp gear for sam since the introduction of the new 95 cap and i was wondering what you all thought of this

It would hit haste cap and finish my 5-hit build since (i THINK) it gives ~20.5tp/hit and my ws gear will be 18tp. the match checks out okay, but i was wondering if this would be pretty solid before i made any big gestures towards using it. thanks much!
+2body, Zelus, Bullwhip, dusk+1 (if ace STP- is hurting your 5hit, didn't check)
I don't know why you would want to melee in ace's mail.
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2011-10-10 17:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

so sword strap is EXACTLY 3%? cause alot of stuff thats % isnt exact (x/256 x/1024 ect.) hence why im asking thanks for answering nothing though. ill test it out myself and post what i think is the right delay later.

also assuming it is an exact 3% delay SHOULD be 424 ive done the math on it before, i was asking if any one knew for fact what the delay was. expected TP gain of 10.8 base 15.1 with trait + merit stp.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-10 17:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're wanting to 5-hit for whatever reason, don't use Ace's Mufflers. Use Dusk +1 instead.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-10 18:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been thinking about my tp gear for sam since the introduction of the new 95 cap and i was wondering what you all thought of this It would hit haste cap and finish my 5-hit build since (i THINK) it gives ~20.5tp/hit and my ws gear will be 18tp. the match checks out okay, but i was wondering if this would be pretty solid before i made any big gestures towards using it. thanks much!
Should only build around Ace's mail if accuracy is an issue. Use a Af3+2 body build if its not.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-10-10 18:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What?
+2 body has more accuracy.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-10-10 19:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
What?
+2 body has more accuracy.

17 acc and 7 skill gives more than 12 acc now? WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?!
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-10 19:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What? +2 body has more accuracy.
Hence why I used the word build, presumming that people who actually read that would know that theres gear pieces to be swapped around.

Solara said:
17 acc and 7 skill gives more than 12 acc now?
Its actually 17acc 7skill vs 32acc 38att

The only issue that was brought up was the -subtle blow.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-10 19:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
Hence why I used the word build, presumming that people who actually read that would know that theres gear pieces to be swapped around.

Solara said:

because clearly if you are TPing in ace's mail you need to stack up Ohat and Life belt too.
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-10-10 19:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »

Solara said:

because clearly if you are TPing in ace's mail you need to stack up Ohat and Life belt too.

How does Ace's mail have 32 ACC?
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-10-10 19:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering the same at first, but I think he's counting the accuracy from other gear slots you free up by having 4 haste on the body.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-10-10 19:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eburo said: »
I was wondering the same at first, but I think he's counting the accuracy from other gear slots you free up by having 4 haste on the body.
Well he should share that build cause I am not seeing it in the OPs.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-10 19:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said: »
How does Ace's mail have 32 ACC?
I think I just finish mentioning that you dont just swap 1 piece around, if you guys are just swapping bodies around and not taking advantage of ace's 4% haste when you're doing so, you need to evaluate why you are not doing so...

Anyhow, Aces mail allows us use af3+2head and feet and still maintain an adequate haste value, when you add that up you see the amount of att/fstr/acc you get from those 3. This setup was generally in response to a 5hit vs 6hit allowing more availability in stats from the later.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-10 19:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gunit said:
First page of sam 95 gear.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-10-10 20:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gunit said:
First page of sam 95 gear.
Edit: Nvm Found it.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2011-10-11 03:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

To answer my own question base TP gain with sword strap + 437 delay weapon is indeed 10.8 however 421-425 delay will show a 10.8 yield
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-11 03:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

k
By Keyera 2011-10-11 16:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

accuracy isnt particularly an issue. and personally, i dont like the zelus, dusk, bullwhip setup. just a preference. if yoou knew me, you'd understand :x

edit: also, as i've said in the past. i dont have a particularly large budget (working on it).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-11 17:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Accuracy can definitely be an issue depending on what you're fighting. Some -DT gear for an oshit macro would be a lot more beneficial than deliberately gimping your TP gear by not using Bullwhip. Dusk has been mentioned previously (Ace's, but forces 6-hit) but honestly given that nothing is kited now it's not really an issue.
By Keyera 2011-10-11 18:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Accuracy can definitely be an issue depending on what you're fighting. Some -DT gear for an oshit macro would be a lot more beneficial than deliberately gimping your TP gear by not using Bullwhip. Dusk has been mentioned previously (Ace's, but forces 6-hit) but honestly given that nothing is kited now it's not really an issue.
ftfy
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-11 19:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm too lazy to macro out of -movement or into -DT gear
That's all I'm seeing.
By Keyera 2011-10-11 20:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I'm too lazy to macro out of -movement or into -DT gear
That's all I'm seeing.
that's all i'm saying :D

edit: and i'm broke
First Page 2 3