Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN Magic BP gear
SMN Magic BP gear
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-09-26 01:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current set, only pulled out smn from being my first 75 just to do WoE spam and since it will be a while till I get the coins I want I figure why the hell not make the best I can out of my good ol smn.

This is my current set, body I can +2, head I have +1 horn, I have +1 legs and marduk feet. Anything I need to change or upgrade right away? Also I'm sure it's stupid but to throw it out there, Augur's body not worth it because of bonus on +1 callers?

Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-26 02:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Gifted Earring, avatar MAB cape off the AH, Caller's Pendant, +2 body/legs, +1 hands(or +2, but Amphitrite is really annoying)

Not having at least +2 body/legs is awful. SMN made out like a bandit with their AF3 set, use it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2011-09-26 02:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Eidolon Pendant, Tiresia Cape, augmented zenith pumps with summoning skill and pet:mab, Pet:mab Shareevardi +2
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-09-26 02:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurr durr forgot pendant. Got the earring, and why is +2 smn hands good?
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-09-26 02:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Mana cede? With 5/5 wind blade I'm sitting at 225 tp right away including the legs so it will put me over 300 tp easily. That's not including letting Garuda tp on the mob with pendant on and already has a ton of tp to drop then.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-26 02:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming that was in response to my deleted post, I got hands and legs mixed up.
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-09-26 02:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yeah, after looking at both pieces, replying to the post then noticing it was gone I figured. One card short of +2 legs but no real interest to upgrade those when I need to do COR legs for my lolgun.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-26 02:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

fervor ring and esper stone if you want to make your set super shiny/can get a hold of the items.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-09-26 02:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You can complete the AMK Final fight to try and get an Altius Mantle with +2 pet MAB on it... its a little extreme to go out of your way to get one though. Most likely something better will be released soon anyways - but I figured I'd toss out that idea for you.
 Shiva.Fereydoon
user: Fereydoon
By Shiva.Fereydoon 2011-09-26 03:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is what I currently use, sans Stone because I sold it while the price is sky high and Staff because I'm too lazy to finish it. Feet/Back have Pet:MAB+2 Can probably use a Summoning Earring in the empty slot, but I never really have MAcc issues.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-09-27 12:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What's been gone over is great for magic BPs, but nobody has covered physical BPs. Merit BPs work great on weaker mobs, but start to lose their luster on stronger stuff.

First and foremost, get Sacrifice Torque. Use it for any and all physical BPs, and you can also use it to wake up from sleep if you get slept and have an avatar out.

Caller's Sash doesn't help physical either, so try to pick up a Mujin Obi, Cimmerian Sash, or Summoning Belt if possible (in order from best to worst). Not much good stuff for back either, there's Astute Cape which is a pain to get, and Rugged Mantle can have up to 3 attack for your pet.

For weapon, Soulscourge is generally the best and easiest to get.

As for AF3+2, I use 5/5 for both physical & magical. You can use Evoker's Spats for a little more accuracy, but honestly, you should be able to get your accuracy elsewhere. The set bonus is awesome sauce.

That's about all I can really think of for now. Don't be a mindless Heavenly Strike drone. Strike gives consistent numbers but rarely are they the best damage you can do. Most NMs have native magic resistance but no native physical damage reduction, so Pred Claws will often give the best results in the long run if you have good equipment/skill. Chaotic Strike should also not be underestimated.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-09-27 18:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadow/Valkyrie hat and cuffs can get pet: mab as well as Diamond earrings from the ACP battlefield in Fei Yin. Also nobody covered physical BP cuz the thread was about magic pacts =p
[+]
 Shiva.Equilibrium
By Shiva.Equilibrium 2011-09-28 07:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Royal Redingote with Pet: MAB+7 and MACC+7 is nice too.
 Shiva.Fereydoon
user: Fereydoon
By Shiva.Fereydoon 2011-09-28 08:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Equilibrium said: »
Royal Redingote with Pet: MAB+7 and MACC+7 is nice too.

That's what I used before +1 body, turned it into a QD/WF body after. It's nice if you lack the AF3 body, but the 5% on +1/10% on +2 BP damage will outdo it.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-28 12:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no excuse for not having nearly full AF3+2 for SMN.
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-09-28 12:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
There's no excuse for not having nearly full AF3+2 for SMN.
Upgrading other jobs with same AF items and never playing it. That seems like a good one to me.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-28 12:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And those other jobs don't serve to benefit from an ACP augmented body? Royal Redingote is terrible by comparison, and AF3 body would take all of a couple hours from NQ to HQ2.
 Bahamut.Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-09-28 12:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Compared to Royal Red. yeah there is a lot better options. I thought you were poking in general to say everyone should af3+2 done. Got my +1 body doing boring dominion and had smn. doublet +1 many months ago for phys.