Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summoner +2 set and gear change
Summoner +2 set and gear change
 Ragnarok.Darkria
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Darkria
By Ragnarok.Darkria 2011-09-03 22:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not have my full +2 set yet for SMN, however i do want to prepare for it. The set augments blood boon and the dmg of a blood pact. So my question is......During a BP you can change your gear to your blood pact delay - set then switch in the middle of the BP to your physical or magical BP set and both will count. if i change to blood boon gear in the middle of the BP will it count or not? For example, if i have diabolo's rope on (blood boon +3) then switch in the middle of the BP to caller's sash (pet mag att +2) will both count?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-03 23:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Darkria said: »
I do not have my full +2 set yet for SMN, however i do want to prepare for it. The set augments blood boon and the dmg of a blood pact. So my question is......During a BP you can change your gear to your blood pact delay - set then switch in the middle of the BP to your physical or magical BP set and both will count. if i change to blood boon gear in the middle of the BP will it count or not? For example, if i have diabolo's rope on (blood boon +3) then switch in the middle of the BP to caller's sash (pet mag att +2) will both count?
No, Blood boon needs to be at the end when the mp is taken away and the blood pact executes
 Ragnarok.Darkria
By Ragnarok.Darkria 2011-09-03 23:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
No, Blood boon needs to be at the end when the mp is taken away and the blood pact executes

So if i put BP delay on first then change to Magic attack in the middle of casting with blood boon on as well, will it all count? or does blood boon need to be on from start to finish?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-03 23:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So if i put BP delay on first then change to Magic attack in the middle of casting with blood boon on as well, will it all count? or does blood boon need to be on from start to finish?
That would work yes, the MAB and the blood boon need to be on at the time when the blood pact goes through, not when you first use the ability.
So the order is Blood Pact Recast - Gear -> Potency/MAB/Acc/Attack/Blood Boon what have you
 Ragnarok.Darkria
By Ragnarok.Darkria 2011-09-03 23:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That would work yes, the MAB and the blood boon need to be on at the time when the blood pact goes through, not when you first use the ability.
So the order is Blood Pact Recast - Gear -> Potency/MAB/Acc/Attack/Blood Boon what have you

Which in this case im screwed when trying to get callers sash and diabolos rope both to count ; ; i am going to have to test and see what will do more, the mag att, or the blood boon +3 with the Full +2 set, im also going to have to test the trial staff (pet mag att + 12) and the soulscourge
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-03 23:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Which in this case im screwed when trying to get callers sash and diabolos rope both to count ; ; i am going to have to test and see what will do more, the mag att, or the blood boon +3 with the Full +2 set
It's generally your call, but I'd wager the MAB would provide better results over time, but only the other hand I'm not a supersmn or anything. For all I know the blood boon, when combined with the greater mp saved over time and greater chance of set proc could allow for a slightly greater damage enhancement. But it's mostly about getting the most bang for your buck, seeing as how we're limited greatly by our recast on bloodpacts, so do what feels right yo.
 Ragnarok.Darkria
By Ragnarok.Darkria 2011-09-03 23:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Which in this case im screwed when trying to get callers sash and diabolos rope both to count ; ; i am going to have to test and see what will do more, the mag att, or the blood boon +3 with the Full +2 set
It's generally your call, but I'd wager the MAB would provide better results over time, but only the other hand I'm not a supersmn or anything. For all I know the blood boon, when combined with the greater mp saved over time and greater chance of set proc could allow for a slightly greater damage enhancement. But it's mostly about getting the most bang for your buck, seeing as how we're limited greatly by our recast on bloodpacts, so do what feels right yo.

Sounds good to me. Thank you for your input on all this.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-03 23:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

np~
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [163 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Alsoa
Server: Asura
user: Alsoa
By Asura.Alsoa 2012-02-13 18:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone done testing to this effect?
when using full +2 caller's gear

for magical bp:
diabolos' rope vs caller's sash
and
mab+ trial staff vs soulcourge
?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-02-14 11:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Preliminary testing has shown that gear which enhances Blood Boon does not increase set bonus proc rate. It appears the set bonus is likely a separate Blood Boon effect. So for magical BP, Caller's Sash & Pet:MAB trial staff would be better than Diabolos' Rope & Soulscourge.

However, I'm not aware of any extensive testing.
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-02-14 11:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Preliminary testing has shown that gear which enhances Blood Boon does not increase set bonus proc rate. It appears the set bonus is likely a separate Blood Boon effect. So for magical BP, Caller's Sash & Pet:MAB trial staff would be better than Diabolos' Rope & Soulscourge.

However, I'm not aware of any extensive testing.

He knows nothing! He spends most of his time with the Ice Queen.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-02-15 10:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lies! I'm ever faithful to the Fleeting Wind Goddess, and you know this!
 Asura.Alsoa
user: Alsoa
By Asura.Alsoa 2012-02-16 08:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks guys