Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-08-28 02:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just a thought....

But....

I think abyssea made people forget how to actually play this game for real....

Though i myself only have masamune and soon vere... it won't be long before the game returns to accuracy/food land and everyone trying to dual/triple box empyrean can be left upset oogling at relic owners as they float by in the idle city of choice. Wondering why their linkshell sucks and complain about all things unreachable. Continuing to call everyone WITH gear they want "***" or "no life losers".

Remember those days? Yeah they are due for return.

99 Is honestly going to be glorious for that reason but as mentioned masamune will be the new hagun.

I'm not sure what it is about SAM threads that make everyone derail, troll, provoke, or argue about the stupidest ***.

Onto topic:

I actually HQ'd my own beir belt+1 earlier today, doing some testing with gear sets will probably report back in a bit.
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-08-28 02:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That's really only an illusion of the truth, as far as I'm concerned. Very little is likely to change, its more the fact that very little did change is going to be brought to the surface at a full-force run. Masamune was never that much better than Amano, and as such, Amano's advantages are already very apparent to anyone who's tried to smack even T2 VW mobs. Bravura will probably never be better than Ukon, Mjollner will probably always be better than Gamby, Mandau and Twas will probably always be astonishingly similar, Apocalypse and Redemption will probably always be the lesser options of any serious DRK- the list goes on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-28 02:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
That's really only an illusion of the truth, as far as I'm concerned. Very little is likely to change, its more that the fact that very little did change is going to be brought to the surface at a full-force run. Masamune was never that much better than Amano, and as such, Amano's advantages are already very apparent to anyone who's tried to smack even T2 VW mobs. Bravura will probably never be better than Ukon, Mjollner will probably always be better than Gamby, Mandau and Twas will probably always be astonishingly similar, Apocalypse and Redemption will probably always be the lesser options of any serious DRK- the list goes on.

I believe Night actually did some math that showed Apocalypse to be superior in a certain situation, though the situation escapes me and he's gone to bed.

Everything else is spot on though, lol.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-08-28 02:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said: »
Onto topic:

I actually HQ'd my own beir belt+1 earlier today, doing some testing with gear sets will probably report back in a bit.

Unless you mean that you're going to use it to test precise VIT and attk. values for various relevant targets, your time is better spent on a calculator and the pDIF, fSTR, and WSC sections of Wiki.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-28 02:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd think mythics would end up being the most powerful weapons at the end of the day due to how disturbingly much time/effort you have to put into one.
But oh no.
No, we get supposed Evasion on Third Eye ***!
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-08-28 02:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
That's really only an illusion of the truth, as far as I'm concerned. Very little is likely to change, its more that the fact that very little did change is going to be brought to the surface at a full-force run. Masamune was never that much better than Amano, and as such, Amano's advantages are already very apparent to anyone who's tried to smack even T2 VW mobs. Bravura will probably never be better than Ukon, Mjollner will probably always be better than Gamby, Mandau and Twas will probably always be astonishingly similar, Apocalypse and Redemption will probably always be the lesser options of any serious DRK- the list goes on.

I believe Night actually did some math that showed Apocalypse to be superior in a certain situation, though the situation escapes me and he's gone to bed.

Everything else is spot on though, lol.

I'd be lying if it weren't speculation, but really? I feel like Ragnarok has gotten significantly better, while Apocalypse has just gotten.. accuracy.
By Artemicion 2011-08-28 02:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
You'd think mythics would end up being the most powerful weapons at the end of the day due to how disturbingly much time/effort you have to put into one.
But oh no.

There's so many mythic effects I want to know, but never will since the effort to reward ratio is FUBAR.
Though it seems contrary to optimal performance, I've always been one to prefer added function and versatility over those that offer nothing but high damage.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-28 02:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be lying if it weren't speculation, but really? I feel like Ragnarok has gotten significantly better, while Apocalypse has just gotten.. accuracy.

I'll try to pull up chatlogs, I don't remember where he told me this though, and I'm /dori when it comes to remembering anything nowadays.

I know it's good enough that he's been playing with Apoc builds and considering building one at some point. D:
By olyard 2011-08-28 02:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They just need to deal with alexandrite.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-28 02:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
But oh no.

There's so many mythic effects I want to know, but never will since the effort to reward ratio is FUBAR.
Though it seems contrary to optimal performance, I've always been one to prefer added function and versatility over those that offer nothing but high damage.
You'd think with how relatively mediocre a lot of the mythics are, or the lack of willingness of the playerbase to do soooo much to obtain a currently thought of terrible weapon, SE would at least adjust a few of the aspects of obtaining one. IE shorten the alex maybe to 20k alex, make einherjar once/day etc. Make the process not take at the minimum like half a year starting from 0 ichor or w/e.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-28 02:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »

I'll try to pull up chatlogs, I don't remember where he told me this though, and I'm /dori when it comes to remembering anything nowadays.

I know it's good enough that he's been playing with Apoc builds and considering building one at some point. D:
Are we talking like, current uses for Apoc? or uses at 75?
I just remember Apoc being a nice enough weapon to make tanking things like Tiamat with a drk while low on support drastically easier. But I was only WHM SCH BLU and COR at the time, I didn't really know jack about relic versatility/situations, much less apoc. The only relics we had in vv vv was like a billion *** Aegises.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-28 02:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[23:25:11]<Nightfyre> i'm half tempted to make an apoc with new ability coming out
[21:31:04](Nightfyre) strongly considering dat apoc if they make the ja duration/recast good

That's what I got so far, but I swear he said something about a current situation in which it's better. Still digging.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-28 02:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a situation I'd think in which you'd be able to easily control damage taken, as to be able to balance it out to where you'd take a good portion of your hp at will by not using third eye for a few seconds, and after taking a significant amount instantaneously heal it back up with Catastrophe, ensuring you'd maintain hate while obtaining the damage bonus.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-28 02:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

(5:45:04 PM) Nightfyre: i've found at least one case
(5:45:18 PM) Nightfyre: where neither sam nor war would be best job
(5:45:22 PM) Nightfyre: barring retaliation
(5:45:30 PM) Nightfyre: have to have apoc though
(5:45:58 PM) MaidenVanira: I spy a mextli harness D:
(5:46:03 PM) MaidenVanira: it's glowy D:
(5:46:11 PM) Nightfyre: calad drk is close though which is a pleasant surprise considering it's a worst case scenario, full buffs and high eva
(5:46:13 PM) Nightfyre: yeah :-X
(5:46:14 PM) MaidenVanira: I see D:
(5:46:19 PM) MaidenVanira: which scenario?
(5:46:31 PM) Nightfyre: the one i'm running now for sam/war/caladdrk/apocdrk
(5:46:37 PM) MaidenVanira: oo ok
(5:46:52 PM) Nightfyre: mob is fairly evasive so drk has it kinda rough when LR is down
(5:46:56 PM) MaidenVanira: think I'mma store my second place trophies D:
(5:46:59 PM) MaidenVanira: ooo
(5:47:13 PM) Nightfyre: especially since gswd is A-
(5:47:23 PM) Nightfyre: instead of A like gaxe/gkt/scythe
(5:47:30 PM) MaidenVanira: D:
(5:49:25 PM) Nightfyre: THIS IS DIFFICULT
(5:49:37 PM) Nightfyre: i should write a program to simultaneously compare multiple sets

That's all I got so far. D:
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-28 02:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you failed us nini
We trusted you
Hope you don't lose any sleep knowing this
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-28 02:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you failed us nini
We trusted you
Hope you don't lose any sleep knowing this

; -;!

Now I'm wondering if he talked about this ***over the phone. Would explain why I can't find it in logs. :|
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-28 02:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre never talks to me on the phone like that :(
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-28 02:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 nini starts questioning if it was all in her head, and she's slowly, but surely mind you, losing her sanity bit by bit
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-28 03:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see this mentioned, most likely because I'm sure the person who answered it is much more concerned with warrior than he is with samurai(which I don't hold him at fault for), but /DRG absolutely has a place in Voidwatch right now. Anything that can assist with enmity mitigation is a gigantic bonus against anything above T2. That goes for most melee that I've seen in combat against T3 and above.

i'll admit that was me that said /drg was useless for the most part; in the aspect of shedding enmity, by all means it's ideal there in that scenario, but in my case at least, if it's not on our ochain/aegis paladin, it's on me, and i'd rather be the one being wailed on than, say, a mage (or anyone else for that matter)

granted, we run x1 pld whenever we do vwnm, so i act as the co-tank to some degree, but if it were in the case of some melee that's scared to death at the mere thought of getting molested with their not-3k hp bars, sam/drg sounds like a reasonable alternative
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-28 03:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said: »
gimp parrying omgomgomg

wouldn't be so bad if i went out of my way to level it one day, as well as warrior's parrying rating not being so low :(
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-08-28 03:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've deleted half the thread, and issued topicbans. Stay on topic.
By Artemicion 2011-08-28 03:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Still in a bad mood Krizz?
I guess even comic relief isn't allowed in srsbsns threads.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7