Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-02 00:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
well i mean, judging by your initial comment, you were probably under the impression samurai was bandwagoned pre-abyssea just because it was overrated, which it in fact stomped every other melee in every single situation (with a polearm on merit/einherjar/dynamis/etc, gk for hnm) bar dl/kv/bv2 zergs basically (kclub drk ahoy), but as i said, the game's no longer about who can deal the most damage, it's about who can do the stupid weapon skill that does 5 damage and who can't

Stomped is a strong word...Warrior(/SAM) was strong long before Abyssea and MNK was pretty comparative (arguably better) for Salvage.
MNK stopped having any real lead over SAM in Salvage once they introduced the starting chest tbh. After that, really depended on your setup and how aggressively your SAM could play.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-02 00:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i remember being the shizzle
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-07-02 00:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Everyone knows the only duo that can take down shin without a brew is DRK and PUP. Shinryu laughs so hard he goes into cardiac arrest.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

/EM fARTS
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-02 00:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
Stomped is a strong word...Warrior(/SAM) was strong long before Abyssea and MNK was pretty comparative (arguably better) for Salvage.

My issue with WAR was it was a *** glass-cannon. Without a DNC there to basically baby them, they couldn't fulltime hasso without eating a face full of bad ***.

RC warrior was still a beast though.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-02 00:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 da choppa
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-02 00:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
I guess if you're looking at it from the defensive side then your argument makes sense; SAM could get PDT/MDT easier and lost much less when going /NIN.

only times i ever cracked /nin out period was for dark ixion and tiamat, the former of which i'd solo tank daily, since as long as you can count to three, you'd avoid enbind/engravity, which then made avoiding the tp moves a joke

but yea, if it was a matter of being able to go full-out, mnk/war would be up there too, but time and time again, pretty much any sub that wasn't /nin resulted in the monk dying, unless they had spharai, which even then ended up being an mp sponge

Ragnarok.Hevans said:
swift belt

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
MNK stopped having any real lead over SAM in Salvage once they introduced the starting chest tbh. After that, really depended on your setup and how aggressively your SAM could play.

oh yea, before the starting chest was implemented, it was pretty much at least ONE monk or don't even bother going basically, i don't deny that whatsoever; it tends to slip my mind there was a time when that crate didn't exist, since i was initially doing nizzle izzle for like a good six months when salvage/nyzul first came out :(
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-07-02 00:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like BRD in Salvage, everyone gets ***before me.

I kinda raged when a sam insisted to get a bow before I could get my instruments.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-02 01:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I kinda raged when a sam insisted to get a bow before I could get my instruments.

unless it was yoichinoyumi, you could've/should've promptly told them to

Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-02 01:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I don't like BRD in Salvage, everyone gets ***before me.

Even if it was BR and you needed the bow for gears at the end, you're bound to get like, 100 ranged cells instead of anything useful before then. That's just silly
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-07-02 01:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

unless it was yoichinoyumi, you could've/should've promptly told them to

I did, he beat my lot lol.

Last time I ever did salvage, and last time I'd ever do it with a PUG.

And he had a lamian kaman I think
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-07-02 01:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Kyte said:
well i mean, judging by your initial comment, you were probably under the impression samurai was bandwagoned pre-abyssea just because it was overrated, which it in fact stomped every other melee in every single situation (with a polearm on merit/einherjar/dynamis/etc, gk for hnm) bar dl/kv/bv2 zergs basically (kclub drk ahoy), but as i said, the game's no longer about who can deal the most damage, it's about who can do the stupid weapon skill that does 5 damage and who can't

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Kyte said:

My point is that saying SAM was completely overrated is almost as silly as saying it totally ***all over everything else on everything, when it fact it didn't necessarily.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-02 01:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

that's how it comes off to me at least, and i don't mean that in a smart-*** way either; read it over to yourself there
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-07-02 01:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll read it over in the morning lol, it's getting late so my mind is elsewhere.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-02 01:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

np; i'm rather caught up being a cowboy atm anyways, so it's all good around here stranger
 Odin.Zibo
Server: Odin
user: Marokko
By Odin.Zibo 2011-07-15 19:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to bother reading the thread, but I'll try to contribute anyway.

I don't find myself coming sam often to abyssea seeing as I have thief and blu, but it's not to say that sam is useless. It is definitely not the best DD, but in the right hands it can still deal respectable damage. When we don't need grellow and have another thf, I often come sam/war and DD/tank. Sam is a great compliment to another tank, but if necessary can even main tank. I don't really know what you're looking to do in abyssea, but sam/war can tank the majority of NMs aby has to offer, just takes a bit more support than a ninja, mnk, or thf tank.
 Phoenix.Nihilist
Server: Phoenix
user: Nihilist
By Phoenix.Nihilist 2011-07-15 20:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zibo said:
It is definitely not the best DD, but in the right hands it can still deal respectable damage.
Your mom is respectable

No but seriously my wife's PLD and I do awesome in abyssea (PLD/WAR: Mounted Champion, Vicissitude, Stronghold) and I go SAM/THF, throw in our BLM and WHM friend and we have a blast, may not be the norm but we have fun doing the classic setup...

"Just lvl MNK and duo ***with MNK and WHM"

My rebuttal: suck my balls...yeah that's right...right under the sack too..don't forget that part

point is let us have fun
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-15 21:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Nihilist said:
Odin.Zibo said:
It is definitely not the best DD, but in the right hands it can still deal respectable damage.
Your mom is respectable

No but seriously my wife's PLD and I do awesome in abyssea (PLD/WAR: Mounted Champion, Vicissitude, Stronghold) and I go SAM/THF, throw in our BLM and WHM friend and we have a blast, may not be the norm but we have fun doing the classic setup...

"Just lvl MNK and duo ***with MNK and WHM"

My rebuttal: suck my balls...yeah that's right...right under the sack too..don't forget that part

point is let us have fun
You are an awfully belligerent person, word to the wise: you don't make many friends insulting the man who did you no wrong.
[+]